Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 13th November 2005, 06:03 PM
Glowbo

the theory

My theory is that on the stop'n'swop screen where the ice key is.On the side's
of it there are spaces for either two more eggs on each side or 1 more key on either side possibly a forest key or fire key what do you think about it.Please post about what you think

Old 13th November 2005, 06:05 PM
Dingpot

We've found all of the SNS items through hacking. There aren't any more eggs. I don't know about the keys, though. I'm fairly certain that, since we've found all of the sandcastle codes, there aren't any more items left. It was a good thought, though.

Old 13th November 2005, 06:11 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Yeah, everything has been found. Besides, if you added anymore items to the SnS menu, it would look too..uh...crowded, for lack of better words.

Old 13th November 2005, 07:37 PM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Yeah...would've been a good idea. I never thought of that...I wonder why it was specifically called the "ice" key? You'd think they would have called it the key, rather than adding a specifier to its name...I know there's only one key, though. It's fun to speculate.

Old 13th November 2005, 07:53 PM
Admin of Awesome

Total Awards: 21
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
I think it's just called the Ice Key because it's made of Ice. How many other keys do you know that are made of ice.

There's no more SnS objects as all the sandcastle codes have been found. 100% no extra eggs as i found out with the use of the texture tool. Any egg loads up all textures for the eggs and there are only 6 textures loaded up.

Error ID: 10T. Rage Buffer overflow.

Old 13th November 2005, 10:16 PM
Bunnycomb

Well I guess that there are no more eggs than, but what about checking the textures for the ice key? I mean, couldn't they use a lava texture on it?

Old 14th November 2005, 03:03 AM
Dingpot

Yea, except there is no lava texture.

Old 14th November 2005, 03:14 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
There is in the room where the Gobi's Valley Puzzle is.

Old 14th November 2005, 03:37 AM
Clanker

Well i think it would be impossible to have a fire key think about it, Ice is a solid and therefore it can be casted, there's no way that fire could be cast the only other element key that would work would be a rock key but i don't think so. Here's what you guy's should think about, who would have forged the key in the first place, and why did rare leave grunty completly out of the sns item collecting quest or prehabs the trigger you have been looking for envolves her since she never speaks while you are collecting or have just typed in the cheats.

Old 14th November 2005, 04:27 AM

RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Mmmkay...I wasn't trying to be dumb or annoying. Like I said, I know that there are no other keys, but it's peculiar that they made it a key made of ice. Why make it from of ice? Couldn't it just be an old, rusty key? Then, would they have called it "the old, rusty key"? I was just saying that maybe they had thought about having other keys at one point in time. Perhaps the plans never came to fruition, but they could've thought about it. I just find it weird that they would place a word-identifier on a key, if it's the only one. I'm not saying that there is another key. I was just trying to make conversation and be involved...

Old 14th November 2005, 08:10 AM
Bunnycomb

i think its probably because it was in an ice enviroment that they decided to make it ice.
it would make sense
i mean a giant rusty key in an icy cave, hmm it just doesnt add up.
a giant rusty key would be better in rusty bucket bay

Old 14th November 2005, 09:12 AM
Clanker

I don't think you know what i was saying i wasn't insulting you or anything i was trying to explain why i think it was an ice key. I think your right i beleive that the the huge rusty key in cc was originaly ment to be part of SnS, Or maybe we were supose to stop by cc and swap the rusty key to the ice key. Just thinking is all

Old 14th November 2005, 05:52 PM
Brash Breegull

Besides, the Ice Key ended up being used to open an ice safe in Hailfire Peaks.
Boggy: You drop your change on the ground. An extremely gay man walks up to you and smells you extremely close to your face. He then gives you the dropped change and walks away, leaving you traumatized.

Old 14th November 2005, 06:08 PM
Bunnycomb

All SNS items have been discovered, but there is still that strange area in the memory near the SNS portion in the memory that seems blank...

Old 14th November 2005, 11:09 PM

Weird...maybe those blank spaces are where the activator codes went originally? Would've been easy to just take them out and end the SnS process that way. Then, no one would be able to activate it. Perhaps the empty spots are text blocks saying like, "Please 'Stop' and 'Swop' cartridges with Banjo-Tooie/Donkey Kong 64!" I dunno...is that even where text goes?