Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 5th December 2005, 10:00 PM
Jinjo

New SNS theory: A New Hope?

Hey all. I was just writing something on the thread regarding Grunty's Lair in Tooie, and I think I may have come up with a theory.

OK well, anyone who read that thread knows that you can access the path that leads to Mumbo's Mountain, and the Ramp that leads to the first note door, correct?

AND it's been said that Rare scrapped the original Tooie in mid-production. Correct?

How about this: Maybe their idea of "scrapping" Banjo Tooie was really "taking out all the Banjo Kazooie levels, and access to secret items because some hackers found their precious SNS. Then, to cover their own butts, open a wall in spiral mountain and create an entirely NEW game."

But what does this mean? Let me tell you.

It means if Rare took the easy way and just eliminated the levels, and if my theory is correct, the SNS activator could STILL be in Banjo Tooie. The fact that we still get the ice key/eggs, just in a really crappy way? a deterrent. A way of saying "here's your precious eggs and key, stop looking!"

Because of that fact, we don't look too hard in Tooie for an activation. Because we were told, and we believe, that they destroyed the original Tooie, and this is the new one. But I believe its one in the same. They just removed the BK levels. But that doesn't mean the activation method is lost.

thoughts on this?

Old 6th December 2005, 08:28 AM
Clanker

You could be correct but i don't think so because Rare wouldn't have made a new Banjo game with just the same old levels as banjo simply because it isn't correct in a marketing way, only a few people would buy a game purely to unlock something in another, the thing that is strange is that they kept grunty's lair in the game. If it was me i would have blocked it off completely because it's only purpose is to give cheats, wich are completely piontless when the could have used all the SNS eggs at heggy's and you just hatch all the cheats out.

Old 6th December 2005, 11:43 AM
Jinjo

Dang, you're right, too. I didn't even think of it that way. And the game memory is full as is. Good point, Dude.

hmm.. maybe they only intended on keeping the Shown SNS levels? Y'know, Treasure Trove Cove, Freezezy Peak, and Gobi's Valley?

Not arguin' or nothing, I'm just really dedicate to solving this puzzle

Old 6th December 2005, 02:57 PM
Bunnycomb

i believe that grunty's lair was only in banjo-tooie because by making it destroyed and empty, its showing the downfall of grunty and how she was defeated, and technically dead, but somehow stayed alive... eating dirt...
but swiftly moving on, because they now have a big empty space, why not put cheato in there? its better than the 3 places in kazooie.

Old 6th December 2005, 07:04 PM
Jinjo

I understand you there, machanist. But how do you explain the path to mumbos mountain? and the talon trot path?

Old 6th December 2005, 07:27 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Well, they simply cut a bit of the lair from BK and pasted it into BT and modified it a bit to look damaged.

Old 6th December 2005, 08:24 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by machanist
i believe that grunty's lair was only in banjo-tooie because by making it destroyed and empty, its showing the downfall of grunty and how she was defeated, and technically dead, but somehow stayed alive... eating dirt...
but swiftly moving on, because they now have a big empty space, why not put cheato in there? its better than the 3 places in kazooie.
grunty is magical so she can say under a rock for a really long time

Old 6th December 2005, 09:53 PM
Dingpot

Yes, but she's still technacally dead.

Anyway, they most likley put the Talon Trot path there (along with the Mumbo's Mountain path) just for show. Not EVERYTHING has to have an actual purpose, just there to look at.

Old 7th December 2005, 12:02 AM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamentofgrunty
grunty is magical so she can say under a rock for a really long time
lament, that was complete SPAM.

Anyway, maybe Rare was planning on adding the B-K levels, but they couldn't do it because they didn't have enough memory. So thet get rid of ten jiggies. And they only get lousy white tiles. Then they gave up and released it as it was, not really caring about what everybody wants.

Old 7th December 2005, 01:00 AM
Jinjo

That seems really probable, Dragon Kazooie. Oh well just thought it was a nifty theory to bring up!

Old 28th December 2005, 08:12 PM
Dingpot

RWP Note Medal 
How did the bridge snap, and the lair crumble anyway

Old 29th December 2005, 05:01 PM
Brash Breegull

Is it me, or is that ^ question being asked in every single topic?
Boggy: You drop your change on the ground. An extremely gay man walks up to you and smells you extremely close to your face. He then gives you the dropped change and walks away, leaving you traumatized.

Old 29th December 2005, 11:43 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
as for the ramp that leads to the first note door , They probably used a copy of the
old liar which already had the talon trot programed to the ramp. They probably thought no one could get hehind the boulders or just forgot to remove the programing.
Last : maybe its programmed for a reason that we don't know about.

Old 31st December 2005, 08:05 PM
Dingpot

RWP Note Medal 
But how did all thoese characters get out, like boggy and gobi, the entrance was blocked and when it got opened the lair crumbledd

Old 31st December 2005, 09:12 PM
Jinjo

I can pretty much prove that Rare copied and pasted the old lair, being that in Bk there are monster icons on the walls of Gl entrance, whihc look like pumpkins with teeth and imps. In BT lair entrance, those same pictures are in the exact same spot. I don't see why they'd be put there unless they were copied.

Metroid Prime Hunters name: Apocalypse