Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 28th February 2006, 03:05 AM
Glowbo

Bottles' Revenge Analysis Theories

So, I re-watched the Bottles' Revenge movie and, though I haven't unlocked the feature myself, I've come up with some theories based on what I've seen. I'll start with the overall theory, and then get into what this might mean as far as finding BR.

Main Theory: You get Bottles' Revenge at the start of the game.

There are a couple things about Bottles' Revenge which tell me that it's something you're supposed to get right when you start the game.

1. Bottles starts the cut-scene by saying he's finally free of his body. The only time you could speak to Bottles and have this make sense is right after he's died and, thus, just floated out of his body. In fact, I suspect this scene might come directly after the opening cut-scene of the game.

2. Bottles knows to leave during ALL boss battles. He even excuses himself during the first fight with Klungo. It's possible that there is simply a special value denoting boss battles which the BR program looks for, but it seems odd that BR would be able to detect EVERY boss battle in the game unless you were intended to have it for that entire time.

So, here are some theories.

Given the evidence that you get Bottles' Revenge at the start of the game, it's likely that whether or not you're going to get it is determined when you start a new game. This means you need to do something BEFORE starting a new game in order to activate it. So, possibilities...

-I'm actually thinking that one of the most likely ideas (and one which we'll all kick ourselves for if it's true) is that there's a button code entered on the file-select screen which unlocks BR. If this is true, the code may or may not be hinted at in-game, and may just be held by Rare until such a time as they want to re-spark interest in BT for some reason.

-It's also probable that getting BR involves having already beaten the game, seeing as BR really seems like a "New Game +" kind of deal, to me. It's clear that simply beating the game, or even beating it with 100% isn't enough. Either there's something else to do, or it could be a prerequisite for being able to enter the button code mentioned above.

Whatever it is, I'm seriously starting to doubt it having any connection with SNS, and think that it may just be a feature all its own. No matter what, I'm just sure there's more to BR than we've seen.

Old 28th February 2006, 05:25 AM
Brash Breegull

SnS is in no way, shape or form connected to Bottles' Revenge, unless it was originally planned as a suprise coming from one of the ? eggs.

Your idea of it being at the start of the game kind of makes sense, like the secret Earthworm Kim mode in EWJ 3-D.

The lack of Devil Bottles being able to control bosses is that, to defeat a boss, you have to memorize their pattern and beat them using that, with a human controlling it, the human wouldn't follow the pattern, and instead just hurt the first player til he/she died. So I think that's a good thing.

Old 28th February 2006, 12:09 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 6
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Using Earthworm Kim to get Earthworm Kim it does nothing.

Old 28th February 2006, 01:43 PM
Jinjo

I stand by the personal opinion that Stop N Swop unlocked it, and you had the option when starting a new game of it being one player or two players.

But hey, like I said: personal opinion.

Good theory

Old 1st March 2006, 10:55 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberen
The lack of Devil Bottles being able to control bosses is that, to defeat a boss, you have to memorize their pattern and beat them using that, with a human controlling it, the human wouldn't follow the pattern, and instead just hurt the first player til he/she died. So I think that's a good thing.
That's not what I meant. You see, in order for Devil Bottles to leave during the start of a boss fight, there would have to be some sort of value coded in so that when the fight begins, DB knows it's a boss battle and gets out of there. If the first fight with Klungo hadn't been coded in this way, DB still wouldn't be able to control Klungo, but he would have stayed during the fight and just floated around aimlessly. The fact that there's something (presumably) when the fight starts that says "Devil Bottles leaves Banjo now" is what interests me, because it means they probably expected Devil Bottles to already be with Banjo at this point.

Old 1st March 2006, 11:37 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketlex
The fact that there's something (presumably) when the fight starts that says "Devil Bottles leaves Banjo now" is what interests me, because it means they probably expected Devil Bottles to already be with Banjo at this point.
That's definitely possible. While the feature is officially inaccessible, it is in there surprisingly well-developed. It's not some buggy thing they couldn't get working, because it does work. Which is odd, y'know, why would they "take it out"?

But it's definitely a fully-fledged feature, so yeah... everything they expected to have happen with Bottles Revenge still happens.

Weird stuff

Old 1st March 2006, 11:39 PM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Jinjo
Which is odd, y'know, why would they "take it out"?
Because the radar doesn't work, and the guys at Rare are perfectionists.

*shot*

Old 2nd March 2006, 04:29 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah speaking of RWP videos, I'm getting a 404 on all of them.

Old 3rd March 2006, 10:56 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Anyone know the game shark codes to get BR for the US version of the game (if there is any?) Also, anyone know where the heck the other empty honeycomb piece is in BK on TTC? I found the one underwater but where the heck is the other one? I've played the game several times and I thought it was on a crate floating near Sharkfood Island, but the only crate there has a golden Banjo on it (which are COMPLETELY useless). Sharkfood island is raised, could that have anything to do with the dissapearing empty honey comb? I flew around and around the cove and couldn't find it anywhere! Maybe I'm just being an idiot and it's right under my nose, though. Probably the latter.

Old 3rd March 2006, 10:57 PM
Von Kriplespac

RWP Note Medal 
The honeycomb is on a crater some where in the ocean.

Old 3rd March 2006, 11:04 PM
DJ Jamjars

umm... where? I flew all around the ocean, couldn't find it anywhere can you describe the location please?

Old 3rd March 2006, 11:05 PM
DJ Jamjars

Huh funny i just realized that if you collect all 100 notes you get an extra life...

Old 3rd March 2006, 11:06 PM
Von Kriplespac

RWP Note Medal 
To the left of Shark food Island. If you hit the Spiral Stone thing, you've gone to far.

Old 3rd March 2006, 11:17 PM
DJ Jamjars

Thanx! I could have sworn I've flown over that but maybe wasn't flying low enough and it was too far away to be seen cause it sort of appears. As for 100 notes giving you an extra life, anyone notice that before?

Old 3rd March 2006, 11:23 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
you know the little island with the crab and the big red x, its a little way out from it, past the sand castle on land when you get to the first chest by the water go,
strait out in the water and you'll find it on a crate.