Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 21st June 2021, 09:38 PM
Trash Apprentice

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Just picked up Resident Evil Village, which will be my first Resi game, and I'm very excited to dig into it! The aesthetic of this one seemed so neat that I wanted to hop in there and experience the world for myself.

I'll always love me some wolfy boys.

Old 25th June 2021, 07:23 PM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I saw OneyPlays play a game called Mad Rat Dead, which I bought immediately after seeing because it seemed to be extremely my jam.

It was extremely my jam. It's a rhythm platformer where you play a rat who was killed, but allowed by the Rat God to relive his last day to accomplish whatever his dream is. His dream is to kill the human that kept him in a cage.

It's rad, it's fun, the music slaps.

It's discounted on PSN right now, and there's a demo.

It's not discounted on Switch, but it does have a demo there.

Old 25th June 2021, 11:05 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Been playing Hades. It's super good but I'm not that great at it. My record so far is thirty-four chambers and about ten escape attempts.

Old 29th June 2021, 05:22 AM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I've been slowly working my way through Paper Mario: The Origami King. I've reached the last chapter. While I feel like the standard battle puzzles range from incredibly simple to "oh just take my coins and solve it for me already" I really enjoy how the boss fights reverse it. They're great fun.

The writing is incredible and has had me legitimately laughing out loud. Not quite a roflcopter but definitely some lol-ing, if you will.

Great music, too. Here's a fan-arranged concert featuring a ton of musicians, including a few Rare composers...

Old 30th June 2021, 12:31 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 7
You're Appreciated! Imagination Game On Reminiscence Chatterbox 
Been playing a lot of House Flipper, PSO2 (when it doesn't freeze up), and ACNH as well.

Blep!!

Old 1st July 2021, 11:35 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Game Builder Garage is kinda neat, though it's frustratingly limited at times. It's fun for coming up with little programming challenges for yourself. I need to figure out ways to keep the screen organized though, as it only takes me about 2 minutes to turn the program screen into an incomprehensible mess of randomly logic nodes.

Old 2nd July 2021, 08:21 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
i played ff1 on famicom in japanese, now playing dragon quest 1. ff1 was easy to pay attention to cause its world was kinda weird and cool and its story had some wild twists. dragon quest 1 has me bored to death and is simultaneously not as miserably punishing but also much less engaging or interesting. kinda looking forward to playing ff2 cause it's such a weird game

also been sticking through trails to azure, long game but i've let go of my frustrations with the series' english fanbase and just accepted that i like the crossbell arc as another fun weird shounen jrpg arc with some decent characters and scenes

also started crisis core ffvii, i played dirge of cerberus recently and didn't dislike it like a lot of people do but i think vincent isn't really capable of carrying a full story, the drama did nothing for me and the parts i really liked were whenever it leaned into more lighthearted gags or the inherent goofiness of its story and cast. crisis core is a lot better at capturing the weird humor of ffvii's characters and setting. not a huge fan of the combat system though

i wanna play cotton rock n roll...

Old 2nd July 2021, 08:29 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
o yeah i've also been playing summon night 1. it's been a bit rough cause my understanding of jp is very uh, rough (i'm taking steps to be consistent with my studying from now on, i fell off too many times in the past and i absolutely do not want to do it again) but despite having to look up kanji every five seconds i've had a fun time cause the world and characters of summon night are so distinct and fun to spend time with. it's not a great srpg but i love it a lot as a story, even if its plot is probably gonna go in the same direction lots of srpg plots about class struggle from that time go, which is that it broaches the topic of class conflict and then has you punch evil demon summoners or something. even if it goes there, i just really like the very relaxed tone of the writing and how much of it is just premised on people learning to grow together through being together and understanding each other

Old 3rd July 2021, 07:21 AM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I finished Origami King. It was good! I didn't find every bloody collectible though, so I did a YouTube search for the 30 second true final ending sequence. I'm satisfied.

So with that, I started New Pokemon Snap finally. It's cute so far! I find myself constantly charmed by the animations. "Oh, hey buddy!" I've said out loud a few times when something like my good pal Bidoof comes around.

Old 5th July 2021, 03:45 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Been playing Luigi's Mansion 3. I also preordered Skyward Sword, anyone else picking that up too?

Old 7th July 2021, 01:04 AM
Chasing Childhood

I am planning on taking the plunge on New! Snap and Skyward Sword once my partner is home/feel more comfortable financially. I really enjoyed the aesthetic of SS when it first released and honestly the whole "black sheep" vibe it got from the online community made me even more interested. New! Snap I want just to sit and take cute pics of cute mons with cute humans lmao.

Finally made it through Yakuza 3, 30 hours later and only 12% completion. Decided to rip back to Yakuza 0 to start seeing what Kiryu's story is all about and holy crap I am seeing what people mean when they say Yakuza 3's combat and story are kinda meh compared to the other games. Playing as Majima breakdancing all over the place while being a stone-called silver-tongue badass is the stuff I live for in gaming.

They/Them

Old 7th July 2021, 02:13 PM
Trash Apprentice

Playin' Sims 2 again for the first time in a long while, and was excited be at work on my first day on the jo-

wow this game is brutal

Old 21st July 2021, 02:50 AM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I made a few attempts at a Master Mode no-death run in Breath of the Wild. The rules are that I have to complete the 4 divine beasts and get the Master Sword before I can fight Ganon. In addition, fairies and Mipha's Grace are both banned since triggering these actually count as a death on the hero's path screen. Other than that, anything goes. I've made four attempts so far and I haven't been able to reach the first divine beast yet. My most recent death was to a stationary guardian firing a beam at me while I was climbing a map tower. Guardian beams are much scarier without the one-shot protection you normally have on normal mode.

I'm still doing the Pokemon gen 1 and 2 living dex, I've just been procrastinating and playing other stuff more since I'm down to the more tedious part where mostly everything left is from evolving.

Old 22nd July 2021, 03:51 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 

Turns out the lesson of FE12 is that Marth is a ****ing fraud

Old 22nd July 2021, 07:52 PM
🌙

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity INFECTED - B1K1 
last week i picked up hat in time while it was on sale, and unintentionally ended up playing through the bulk of it in like 3 sitdowns. i wasn't expecting so much of it to come back to me after not playing it in a couple years but a very satisfying mixture of fond memories and gameplay muscle memory had me kinda romping through it. Luv To Nyoom In Da Air, 11/10 Plat Gaem.

also that's a good fact. i love learning that marth is a nisemono prince

User Tag List