Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 4th January 2017, 03:01 AM
Story of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
I can't speak for Titanfall or Battlefront, but Watch Dogs 2 is a great game, and a huge improvement over the original in pretty much every way. It's a lot of fun, there's plenty of variety in terms of missions and different ways to beat missions, the characters are all genuinely likable and have depth, the story is decent and is able to make you feel invested and touch on serious topics without ever taking itself too seriously (like the first game did). I assume some people are still just riding the hate train from the first game, and transferring that over to the second game without playing it, which is a shame. Because WD2 is seriously the game that WD1 wished it was.

Old 4th January 2017, 03:05 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
I do love when people talk mad shit about games they ain't played though.

Old 4th January 2017, 03:47 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I've been playing Color Splash. It is better than I thought but I still have issues.

Old 4th January 2017, 04:01 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
Titanfall doesn't look that bad. I mean of course it's generic shoot, but I'd classify it as almost original generic shoot. It's in a category above Call of Duty at least. Watch Dogs looks very bad however. It still looks like bootleg GTA directed by the producers of CSI, but now with a layer of late 2010's internet culture thrown in. So I expect a game that doesn't work, is full of outdated memes, and with main characters that make you cringe.
Overall everything he listed still falls into the "game I could swear I already played back when the Xbox 360 first launched" category, so they're in my Don't Care list.
reactions to the change in writing in watch dogs 2 are less glowing and more just "cool, they don't show a man jack off and then hold his baby this time" while reactions to the gameplay are, like, universally "whoa, you can actually do stuff nonlethal this time and it's fun"

i followed a lets play of watch dogs 1 and i'm glad i did because i couldn't possibly handle how ridiculously bad it looked but pretty much as soon as wd2 came out the guy who's lp i followed played it and said "hey, this is actually fun"

Old 4th January 2017, 04:24 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Chip Cheezum?

Old 4th January 2017, 04:44 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snix View Post
Chip Cheezum?
yeah, a little bit after the game came out he tweeted about how he actually really liked it

Old 4th January 2017, 04:00 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I'll stop judging games by 4chan posts now, sorry.

Old 4th January 2017, 05:37 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

you shouldn't really base anything on 4chan posts tbh

Old 4th January 2017, 05:48 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
It's usually not that bad as long as the topic isn't a recent AAA title. Those are a great way to blow off steam though.

Old 4th January 2017, 06:05 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I didn't say any of the second games were bad. I said the first ones were. They were hyped up with false details and content/graphics, and then failed to deliver on anything. They separated the player base with payed for DLC that was clearly cut just to make the people pay extra for. Watch Dogs looked fun and beautiful from the E3 videos, but the actual game was essentially an early last gen console release, with poor driving. Battlefront is just meh, there's no complexity, no real 'game' to it. Just spawn, shoot, die, repeat infinitely.

Now the reason I say none of the games needed a sequel, because they're essentially now selling the same idea but what it should have been in the first place if it wasn't rushed out to whore in money from the market that will buy a game based on the trailers alone. It's what is bad about the game market currently, is that they spend so much money to create a pretty looking tease, and then fail to deliver on absolutely everything that was shown.

Why should I give a company money when I just watched what they did with their first titles in a series (or reboot), which was shove out a bare-bones title without much content and then a year later, make a second game for full price with the rest of the content and polish that the original title needed?

If Titanfall 2 isn't dead in a year like the first was, I might buy it for the bargain bin price of $20 cause half the player base will be gone again by then.

Old 5th January 2017, 05:51 PM
u ‾ ‾ u

RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
I've been making it a point to learn Super Metroid speed run moves. So far, I've been able to learn and almost master the mockball, speedball, and short charge. Today I finally learned the mid-air horizontal shinespark and did some practice of that.

Though I don't really have an interest in speed running the game. I'm mainly doing it because the amount of minor and major glitches, mechanic abuses, and sequence breaking in the game are really interesting to me.

Old 5th January 2017, 07:27 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
I didn't say any of the second games were bad. I said the first ones were. They were hyped up with false details and content/graphics, and then failed to deliver on anything. They separated the player base with payed for DLC that was clearly cut just to make the people pay extra for. Watch Dogs looked fun and beautiful from the E3 videos, but the actual game was essentially an early last gen console release, with poor driving. Battlefront is just meh, there's no complexity, no real 'game' to it. Just spawn, shoot, die, repeat infinitely.

Now the reason I say none of the games needed a sequel, because they're essentially now selling the same idea but what it should have been in the first place if it wasn't rushed out to whore in money from the market that will buy a game based on the trailers alone. It's what is bad about the game market currently, is that they spend so much money to create a pretty looking tease, and then fail to deliver on absolutely everything that was shown.

Why should I give a company money when I just watched what they did with their first titles in a series (or reboot), which was shove out a bare-bones title without much content and then a year later, make a second game for full price with the rest of the content and polish that the original title needed?

If Titanfall 2 isn't dead in a year like the first was, I might buy it for the bargain bin price of $20 cause half the player base will be gone again by then.
I don't care about stupid political statements about video games - I care about fun video games. Both of which Watch_Dogs 2 and Titanfall 2 are. Your arguments are also a bit strange about Titanfall, which I played for probably 70-80 hours after release. I don't really care if it's dead in a year? Not every game is Overwatch or Counter-Strike and will live forever. There were 50k people playing Titanfall 2 last night when I logged on and that seems like enough to me, so what's the issue exactly?

You said they don't need sequels, but what's nice about both of these games is that they vastly improved over their predecessors. If you're saying that you don't want to play them because of your disappointment over the first versions, that's totally fine. But it's a weird argument that those games that people really like shouldn't exist because the first versions didn't meet your expectations. I should lose my enjoyment of one of the best games of the year because you don't want it to exist? That is utter nonsense.

Also Titanfall 1 was dope as all heck.

Old 5th January 2017, 08:18 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

the 3DS version of Mario Maker was missing a shit ton of features, if it's any consolation

Old 5th January 2017, 08:30 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Just finished up Everyone's Gone to the Rapture. Not a good game. Not a good story.

Did Titanfall 2 before that. Good game. Decent story. Multiplayer I'm still playing.

Old 6th January 2017, 06:34 AM
Story of the Year '10 - '11

INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I don't care about stupid political statements about video games - I care about fun video games. Both of which Watch_Dogs 2 and Titanfall 2 are. Your arguments are also a bit strange about Titanfall, which I played for probably 70-80 hours after release. I don't really care if it's dead in a year? Not every game is Overwatch or Counter-Strike and will live forever. There were 50k people playing Titanfall 2 last night when I logged on and that seems like enough to me, so what's the issue exactly?

You said they don't need sequels, but what's nice about both of these games is that they vastly improved over their predecessors. If you're saying that you don't want to play them because of your disappointment over the first versions, that's totally fine. But it's a weird argument that those games that people really like shouldn't exist because the first versions didn't meet your expectations. I should lose my enjoyment of one of the best games of the year because you don't want it to exist? That is utter nonsense.

Also Titanfall 1 was dope as all heck.
Also, if the originals weren't good, but the sequels are an improvement... isn't that a reason for why they should exist, rather than why they shouldn't exist??? I mean generally sequels are supposed to improve on the original, so if it does that, seems like it justifies existing. I mean not to beat the point further, but yeah.

(also i really didn't have much problem with the original watch dogs anyway, outside of its weak plot and aggressively uninteresting protagonist, but like the game itself was fun)

User Tag List