Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 20th August 2020, 10:26 PM
Trash Apprentice

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Turns out Hitman 2 has a level with an aquarium section and it's about all I could have asked for. Game's really cool, enjoy it a lot.

Old 22nd August 2020, 02:56 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
I did it, I finished FF1. I went Warrior/Monk/White Mage/Black Mage. Warrior is extremely balanced in that he deals massive damage and also literally cannot die, and Black Mage is a nuke. White Mage's heals are great, but kind of overkill, so I'd probably use Red Mage instead for extra physical and extra black magic.

I knew Monk was supposed to be the hardest hitter in the game, but I was getting passable to mediocre damage at best with the shitty nunchucks. Then I found out you're supposed to have the Monk fight barehanded to get that damage. I did not find this out until the final dungeon of the game, outside Garland's room.

The twist with Garland's time loop is pretty cool for a 1987 JRPG, though I gotta wonder what his endgame was here. Get killed in the future so the fiends can send him to the past so he can send the fiends to the future so the fiends can send him to the past when he gets killed. I'm not really sure if he just really liked kidnapping the princess that one time prior to his death, or if this is all just Garland's Excellent Shitpost.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 22nd August 2020 at 02:58 AM.

Old 25th August 2020, 05:36 AM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I too have decided to pick up Perfect Dark again in an attempt to right the wrong of having never finished the game on Perfect Agent. I got as far as three steps off the elevator on the ground floor of Datadyne before giving up and going back to Special Agent to practice. Once getting the hang of the control nuances again and murdering all the scientists on Investigation, I think what I need to do for Perfect Agent is run at everyone with the trigger held down on the CMP150 and to just run out of the room any time I miss. I refuse to play the game on emulator with mouse aiming because that's cheating.

I'm still playing Animal Crossing: The New One On the Switch on and off. Here's my dream address in case anyone wants to check out my sick dab plaza: DA-4884-4016-1639

100% Orange Juice also added mod support, which I proceeded to abuse for sick degenerative purposes. I can add that to my list of lifetime accolades.

Old 25th August 2020, 03:52 PM
Chasing Childhood

Has anyone messed about with Cadence of Hyrule? It has been one of the most enjoyable and charming zelda experiences I've had in such a long time. It is on the short side but I've done multiple playthroughs and been satisfied each time. Really excited to get the season pass, get more tunes and a whole new campaign with the Skull Kid and transforming masks yaass.

They/Them

Old 25th August 2020, 10:15 PM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Played the first hour of Mother 3 and really loved it this time! You wouldn't expect the handheld form factor to be that much of a difference, but the game never clicked with me on emulators.

Old 26th August 2020, 10:09 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
I too have decided to pick up Perfect Dark again in an attempt to right the wrong of having never finished the game on Perfect Agent.
I'm tempted to pick up the game again to try this. I always think to myself that I'm better at games now so it must be something I can do, but I think earlier FPS games which had clunkier controls have a lower skill ceiling so the difficulty is more artificial (higher health and more damage for the AI rather than it being harder to hit or more tactical).

I've been playing Death Stranding, it's the first 'AAA' game I've picked up in years and refreshing to play one without microtransactions, it's just a packaged experience. Good fun as well, very cathartic to play.

I also started playing Ark: Survival Evolved again on a private PvE server with boosted rates so it's less 'grindy'. If people want to join hit me up and I'll send a link.

Old 29th August 2020, 06:48 AM
Von Kriplespac

I beat Defection. Once I beat Investigation, I'll be as far as I've ever got on Perfect Agent. I'm getting used to aiming on N64 again little by little. Anyways, after having completed only the first level of the game, I decided to take a well deserved break by loading up my favorite combat simulator preset. It's G5 Building, 8 meat sims, all weapons set to remote mines, and a 100 score goal. Highly recommend it if you pick up Perfect Dark again.

Old 1st September 2020, 12:00 AM
Von Kriplespac

Update: I'm now officially further than I ever have been on Perfect Agent. This level gets a lot easier once you realize you can just leave Dr. Carol at the start where he can't comically glide in front of you in the middle of a firefight. I've been using these replacement parts from kitschbent for this mission, by the way. They needed a little bit of sanding down and greasing at the contact points, and they still get stuck a bit in the deadzone which can cause a tiny bit of drift, but that should hopefully go away when it gets a bit more worked in. I've tested a lot of N64 stick replacements over the years, and so far this one has been the best solution. I'd still love to get my hands on a steelstick one day.

Old 1st September 2020, 12:41 AM
Trash Apprentice

Having fully beat Hitman 2, I decided to check out all the challenge objectives and extra missions associated with each level. Thankfully you can play all the Himan (2016) levels in the second game. So I've now fully completed the ICA Training Facility and Paris and, it's actually really neat how each objective changes up the level completely. Plus how fun it is once you know where everything is and who's going to be where. Sometimes it feels good to go super stealthily and get in and out without a trace, and other times running in guns blazing, hiding none of the bodies, and still being quick enough on the draw that everyone around you is just confused.

Plus all the little conversations and attention to detail on nearly every object in the game, keeps you from being bored, even if you've already spent near 20 hours in this same level.

I also snagged The Witcher 3 on Steam because it was on sale and I've been playing through it. Interesting little characters and world, love the stormy weather, and sorta' just sitting in the world watching all the NPC's go about their day. I haven't run into any of the 'crazy side quests' that get so often touted about the game, but just existing has been nice.

Old 1st September 2020, 09:49 PM
a banana peel

I played some of Saints Row IV last night because I was stressed and wanted something dumb and low stakes. It was dumb and low stakes.

Old 3rd September 2020, 08:39 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
Update: I'm now officially further than I ever have been on Perfect Agent. This level gets a lot easier once you realize you can just leave Dr. Carol at the start where he can't comically glide in front of you in the middle of a firefight. I've been using these replacement parts from kitschbent for this mission, by the way. They needed a little bit of sanding down and greasing at the contact points, and they still get stuck a bit in the deadzone which can cause a tiny bit of drift, but that should hopefully go away when it gets a bit more worked in. I've tested a lot of N64 stick replacements over the years, and so far this one has been the best solution. I'd still love to get my hands on a steelstick one day.
I actually replaced all 4 of my N64 joysticks with the GC style ones which last a lot longer, I also did the modification to the modification which makes them act like actual N64 sticks (they are far too sensitive otherwise). Highly recommend it to anyone looking to refurbish an N64 controller.

Old 3rd September 2020, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itxi View Post
I actually replaced all 4 of my N64 joysticks with the GC style ones which last a lot longer, I also did the modification to the modification which makes them act like actual N64 sticks (they are far too sensitive otherwise). Highly recommend it to anyone looking to refurbish an N64 controller.
Been thinking about doing this on a knackered controller

Old 3rd September 2020, 08:45 PM
a banana peel

I would do the Gamecube stick replacement on anything with a broken stick, but I've found that the GCN-style sticks are more sensitive than the standard one. Makes the shooting gallery in OOT waaaay harder.

Old 4th September 2020, 08:38 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Airplane View Post
I would do the Gamecube stick replacement on anything with a broken stick, but I've found that the GCN-style sticks are more sensitive than the standard one. Makes the shooting gallery in OOT waaaay harder.
That's what the modification to the modification I mentioned is for, it replaces the main board that the GC stick is on. It's night and day in comparison, behaves pretty much exactly like a N64 stick in responsiveness.

https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5023.0

Old 6th September 2020, 01:34 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Turns out Control is real ****ing good.

It seems that my not knowing absolutely anything about this game, outside of being developed by Remedy, is because it's not a game you can look at and immediately tell what it's about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snix
You are lady and it's your first day of the job at secret government bureau. But you're not there for job, your there to find out about brother who disappeared out of thin air one time.

Lady also has a Zach in her head.

You go to see the director, but he blew his brains out. Zach tells you to play russian roulette with the gun, so you do, and win, making you the new director of the bureau.

Also the director is talking at you through the gun and it seems he blew his brains out so he could messagse to you from the gun.

Also turns out the bureau is like SCP and is directly connected to the connected unconscious of humanity, which causes some weird shit to happen.

And this game is related to Alan Wake.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 6th September 2020 at 01:38 AM.

User Tag List