Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Closed Thread

Old 1st August 2004, 04:59 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
SubDrag, it is possible. I just have a hard time accepting the Banjo Tooie Tepid Seat interview with Rare knowing SNS was dropped. Most of the questions can be spun in one way or another, but not Q31. Are there other places in B-K that are locked until B-T comes out, and the answer was yes and all will be revealed. Maybe if Rare had included more than the 3 bouncing BK carts in BT, but they didn't. I suppose one could say they are locked until BT comes out, and remain locked even after it's release. But what exactly was be revealed then? Seems to me SNS was still a go at the time of the interview in 1999, and something killed it.

Old 1st August 2004, 09:34 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
In that interview he says that there are arenas being unlocked in bk thx to bt? That means the world allready knew of sns in the time of that interview, so bk was allready out, doesn't this mean that those arenas must still be in the game?

Old 1st August 2004, 10:06 PM
Brash Breegull

well I would imagine that the arenas eventually became regular goals within the levels like the kickball stadium and the dodgem dome.

All we can hope is to keep hacking til we've discovered every last hexadecimal for some artifacts from the past.

Old 2nd August 2004, 09:13 AM
Rare Employee

"The scope of the Project Dream was to create a game that pushed the limits of what had been accomplished before."
This is true Slaphappy, but not as you think. Did you know that Project Dream originated on the SNES?
SNS was one of those brainwaves that happen so often at the end of a game's development. Bottles Revenge was another! But what you say is the closest to the truth I have seen.

Old 3rd August 2004, 11:06 AM
Glowbo

I am using a N64 emulator to play the games. When I save a game, it saves it as a .zip file (It sounds weird, that it should save to a .pk3 file, because that is the filetype the Quake, Star Wars Jedi Knight and Soldier of Fortune games uses). I will first get the secret items in BK, by typing the sandcastle codes, then save the game and close it. Then, I will open BT, and try load the BK.zip file, and see what happens.

If that dosent work, I will download the old japanese versions of the games, and try the same.

If nothing happens with the japanese either, I will unzip the savefiles, and see what files it contains and try to edit it. I cant do it now, because im in school, but I'll try it when I get home. I post what I find out here.

Old 3rd August 2004, 03:21 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Out of curiosity, is that bannable content?

Or am I thinking of IGN.....

Old 3rd August 2004, 06:06 PM
Rarewitch Hero

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter 
Hehe, when mentioned so briefly as that, no.

Old 3rd August 2004, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Mario
Hehe, when mentioned so briefly as that, no.
Damn.

I wanted to cause a ruckus.

Old 4th August 2004, 01:00 AM
Clanker

wow very nice. great job slaphappy.

for some reason i bet there will now be more believers like me.
there's just got to be a reason why sns is still there.
its got to be there somewhere if there is remakes i am sure they wont include it. If it aint in bt/bk then it isn't anywhere. blackeye is the key i know it and he is all over MMM. his shaft in jolly roger's lagoon has the pics of eggs..
since you are saying they made made bk with sns giving it a plan for bt. but the new hardware crushed the plan. soo lets see the tricky rare put the jumping carts in bt. maybe rare knew this was gonna happen so they planned a super top secret, i mean really top secret only the top three staff members know it, code that would be revealed in bt.

remember people it is Stop 'N' Swop not Stop 'N' Swap

I have 2 questions what does NTSC mean? and what is the thing on the bottom of the N64 that says ext mean?

icy maybe you could try going into the bedroom in MMM then swap to bt and go to blackeye. or go into ice key place then go to somewhere in bt like blackeye or somewhere in hailfirepeaks.

Last edited by EvilPsycho; 4th August 2004 at 01:10 AM.

Old 4th August 2004, 03:11 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullcrap1009
remember people it is Stop 'N' Swop not Stop 'N' Swap
Yes, we know -- nobody's been saying "Stop 'N' Swap"... o.O

Quote:
I have 2 questions what does NTSC mean? and what is the thing on the bottom of the N64 that says ext mean?
"(National Television Standards Committee) Standard broadcast signal received by televisions in North America/Japan. All television broadcasts must meet this standard. If a device is designed for NTSC, it will most likely not work with other television standards such as PAL (Phase Alternating Line), which is the standard broadcast signal used in Europe."

So in terms of gaming, or specifically, the N64 -- I wouldn't be able to buy a game in Europe and expect it to work on my N64.

The external port on the bottom of the N64 is where any peripherals would have hooked up, like the N64 Disk Drive, for instance. Sort of like the GameCube/GameBoy Player hookup. Unfortunately, nothing was developed for the N64. This port was also on the SNES, and alas, nothing was developed for it either.

Last edited by Gold Jinjo; 4th August 2004 at 03:13 AM.

Old 4th August 2004, 01:34 PM
Glowbo

About the ability to save the BK files on a controllerpack, I actually think it could solve something. I once heard about a guy who tried it. First he got all the secret items in BK, then he saved and turned his N64 off. Then he turned it on again, while he was holding down the Start button, wich gave him access to the controllerpack's save files. In there, he saw, that BK had saved a file on it. He also noticed a little load, after he got the secret items.

Old 4th August 2004, 04:44 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphappy
So, I am holding on to the final remaining glimmer of hope. Assuming SNS does still exist, one would need a pre-1999 N64, the NTSC version of BK, and the NTSC version BT to find it. If this, however unlikely, is true, it creates a tough position for Rare. Is SNS still there? No, well yes, well kind of. I wouldn't comment on the subject either. I also wouldn't have taunted everyone with the chalkboard in GbtG either, but hey, Rare will be Rare.

---
Funny. I have both, but no Gameshark OR Action Replay...

You guys over in Europe start sending stuff..

Nah.

Old 4th August 2004, 11:27 PM

Why would we start sending anything if we don't use NTSC? O_o

Old 5th August 2004, 12:14 AM
Clanker

okay i just thought about this.

sns is actually real and rare knows but they wont tell us how to use it till bk3.

once bk3 is realeased and they say how to get them evil rare will announce that sns wont work if you used the codes b4. they knew someone was gonna find the codes too. so since they thouhgt about this ahead of time they decided to make an extra 10,000 carts and they are at hq. so they will charge $60 because they say they had to beg nintendo for the crap to make them(even though they were made) so basically they are getting everyone that knows about SnS to pay $60 for a bunch of extra stuff

Old 5th August 2004, 12:46 AM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Total Awards: 2
Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
okay i just thought about this.

sns is actually real and rare knows but they wont tell us how to use it till bk3.

once bk3 is realeased and they say how to get them evil rare will announce that sns wont work if you used the codes b4. they knew someone was gonna find the codes too. so since they thouhgt about this ahead of time they decided to make an extra 10,000 carts and they are at hq. so they will charge $60 because they say they had to beg nintendo for the crap to make them(even though they were made) so basically they are getting everyone that knows about SnS to pay $60 for a bunch of extra stuff

Obviously this won't happen until the N64 is antique, in which most systems are broken down, in which case we'll have to buy new carts and new systems. They will have also forseen that they were going to do this, so you'll have to wait for BK4 to go back to BK3 to access the information to do SnS in BK/BT. The secret will obviously be some new cell phone adapter, which we must subscribe to in order to play BK: Cell Phone edition, which is the key to getting SnS. Once done, SnS will yield a fancy display of outdated firework graphics and unlock a new minigame in BT. And for some reason, you'll now be able to play as Sean Connery in Goldeneye.

Closed Thread

User Tag List