Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 3rd January 2007, 03:11 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
SNS thoughts

Here is my take on SNS.

If it exists anymore (which I highly doubt) Wouldnt there be a prompt directing users to take out their BK cartridge and put in their BT cartridge. Secondly the same SNS screen that comes up in Bk when you collect an egg or ice key would probably have to be somewhere on BT as well for it to work. If there is any way possible to enter the original eggs and ice key (hex codes) from BK into BT to see if it makes a SNS screen appear in the menu its worth trying. Ill brainstorm more stuff later.

Last edited by runehero123; 3rd January 2007 at 05:30 PM.

Old 3rd January 2007, 03:33 PM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
nope, cuz there was something about saving that bk loads up memory at the start of the game or bt does or something like that im not quite sure, but i think the point is that bk has the items but if it was hot/cold swapping bt would not recognize the new information, i think its something like that

Old 3rd January 2007, 05:18 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Okay thanks for explaining that piece.Now if im correct the data for SNS should be stored in the expansion pack (correct me if im wrong). Has anyone ever been able to search through data in the expansion pack using game shark while running banjo kazooie after collecting SNS items? Using a pre 1999 N64 would be preferable. If you can and you find any data relating to SNS then that would gain some evidence that Bk uses/used "hot swapping" to transfer item data. My bets are that its impossible to do this right now. But if someone made a tool that could it would be nice. If someone already tried this sorry for wasting time. Ill get back to brainstorming. Please feel free to reply.

Last edited by runehero123; 3rd January 2007 at 05:52 PM.

Old 3rd January 2007, 08:46 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Wow, that is a fairly good idea for a newbie to the forums. It is possable to see any data saved to a mrm pack. Simply start a game that uses a mem pack and hold the start button.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 4th January 2007, 03:20 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Something else I remembered from when BK first came out. I remember when BK was featured on fruit by the foot. Im not sure if they released them outside the US but anyone else may remember them. Basically they gave little hints on how to get jiggies. One level per fruit roll up. So anyways i remember one of the wrappers saying "The door in Gobis Valley will not open" or something similar like that. Now I cant remember who wrote them. Probably rare or nintendo. Because i doubt the fruit by the roll company would have. If rare did write this then maybe they were planning to drop SNS earlier than we thought, and it wouldnt support the theory that rare stopped the project because of hackers, because this is way b4 they found the Stop N SWOP items.

Old 4th January 2007, 03:40 PM
Brash Breegull

One thing I know for sure is Bk recognizes memory packs and BT doesn't , So to transfer game data from bk to BT , you would need some other way. With a Gameshark you can save game files from the cartridge to a memory pack. But with BT you can not. Something in the BT cartridge Blocks the Gameshark from recognizing the BT game data on the cartridge. Just thought Id through that in so everyone would know. If you have a Gameshark Bk & Bt give it a try. So to transfer game data from one game to another there would have to be a transfer application in Bk or Bt to make it possible. find the transfer application if there is one and SNS would be possible if its still functional.

Old 4th January 2007, 06:38 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Im not sure if this would work or not, if there was a tool that let you check wtf is going on inside the expansion pack plugin for Project64 then we might be able to check around in the code and see if there is anything similar to the SNS items you collect. I dont recall there being any tools that can do this though. Plus its emulated so it might not be the same results as on N64 do to glitches and other things. Ill post on their forums and see if they have something like it though. Its worth a try.

[update] Ok well i found nothing on a tool that lets you do that. About platinum Jinjos post above. Uh that seems weird that GS wont let you save data from BT to a memory card. Maybe the memory card is reserved for something else in BT? I always thought a more safe way to Stop N Swop would be via memory card. Considering it would have enough data on the card to do so. But i soon lost interest in that idea as the patent was discovered, but i think that could have been an alternate plan to SNS. Hmm im gonna see if i can get Tsearch to work with P64. Im just gonna mess around with random values in BT and see if anything happens.

[edit] Well good news, i just ordered a gameshark Pro v3.3 on ebay, it should be arriving soon. This is what im going to do. First im gonna find the trigger code that allows you to access the ice key, shark island, and the door in gobis valley. In other words the "code"/ or you could say "trigger" that is executed when you type in the codes in the sandcastle. Then im gonna search for anything similar to these "codes"/"triggers" in BT or DK64. If I find something ill definetly let you guys know.

Last edited by runehero123; 9th January 2007 at 11:10 PM.