Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 9th February 2005, 01:11 PM
Alumni Staff

Total Awards: 1
Awesome Default Medal 
He speaks after collecting any of them, it doesnt matter which order u get them in
But it spins WAY faster than any of the others, so it probably is needed
Quote:
if your theory is correct then it seems as though the other 2 eggs aren't really needed, and if that's true then why include them in the game?
A trap. I am seriously beginning to think that if you collect the other 2, you cant do whatever it is the eggs give you. It would make sense, probably if u follow the directions, you instantly get a cutscene after collecting the ice key. The extra 2 eggs were put in to stop hackers, I think...
IE, if you find 6 eggs in memory, you're gonna collect them all, right? Rareware were probably only going to tell us how to get the correct 4, and the other 2 would never be known about. Which means I'm gonna have to get a new equalizer to get this to work. It's hard to believe, but after that Ghoulies "board" thing, it seems highly likely...

Old 9th February 2005, 01:33 PM
Bunnycomb

If anything it could be the cyan one. The cyan egg has it's own chamber, a secret area that is designated especially for it - just like the pink egg is inside a special area, the blue egg is in a special area also.

The red/green/yellow eggs seem out of place to me.

Banjo/Kazooie only speaks after acquiring the yellow/pink/blue eggs and ice key right? I don't remember any speech after collecting the red egg nor the green one.

Also, remember the yellow large base egg is in the American version of BT, but not the Pal version. Also the yellow egg was strangely included in BT.

Are you certain the X changes colour, and that the egg speeds alter? I am not trying to "combat" you, I am just curious.

Old 9th February 2005, 07:09 PM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
Yes, the eggs speeds are definetly different, check the SnS screen. That is why I'm certain we dont get the red one, and we do get the yellow.
I agree with your "seperate chamber" and "out of place" theory, but the problem there is that only 3 of the eggs have special chambers and we know we have to get 4...

And I havent seen the X change colour myself, but I've heard it mentioned countless times over at gamefaqs...

Old 9th February 2005, 08:54 PM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
... They could've just developed 6. Then they thought of the secrets they wanted to include and realized they only needed 4. Taking the other 2 out of the memory served no purpose and just took time, so they could've just left them in...

Old 9th February 2005, 08:57 PM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
So we still have to find out which 4 to collect
Anyone want to try my list?

Old 9th February 2005, 09:28 PM
Bunnycomb

To be honest, all three of the remaining out of place eggs seem just that - out of place. But here's my two-cents on the situation.

Right, the green egg makes the most sense, considering where it is - on top of Loggo. There could have been multiple explanations for this. The egg could have been supposed to originate from inside Loggo's septic tank. However, there's already the cyan egg in MMM, so it seems unlikely that a second egg would be there.

Then there's the yellow egg, which seems suspiciously fake. However, it's in a room that serves no other real purpose in its current season. I can't think of any way they could have explained its appearence.

Finally, you've got your red egg. In the captain's room. Presumably Captain Blackeye's room, but there's no telling, really. I really have no idea how this could have gotten here, but there are some subtle SNS clues inside the ship, so it could still be a key egg.

I do believe that SNS was canned, and I almost fully doubt ever finding a complete working version of the intended SNS in the N64 games. However, I think there's a strong possibility of finding a cutscene, or some tiny remanant of the connection in BK. It's likely that Rare didn't want to be overly specific about the connection in BK, though - in case they changed their mind.

Old 10th February 2005, 06:25 AM
Clanker

yeah captain blackeye has got to have something to do with it.

i dont really think it can be credible. the pics next to it on the chalkboard. refer to the pics mumbo shows u. ice key, gobi blue egg, sharkfoodisland pink egg. i would have to presume that there would have to be a certain order and certain eggs u need. so the search continues.

Old 10th February 2005, 10:22 AM
Bunnycomb

Bare with me in this post, it is just some ideas worth thinking about.

Yeah, that's what made me re-think my idea about the "secret chambers" - but who SAID we get the yellow egg ? I always remember pausing the pause screen and the eggs would spin at different speeds no matter what? Sometimes slow, sometimes fast? I don't know for sure.

The thing that leads me to believe we collect the yellow egg is the fact Banjo speaks after collecting that (he doesn't after aquiring the cyan/red/green egg - right?) But again, there is another contradiction cause if no speech occurs after the cyan egg's collection, which I think is a probable one to collect, having it's own special chamber created for it 'n' all, then perhaps the other eggs do not have to have any speech after their collection.

The green egg seems to make sense to a degree as stated above..it is a ghastly green colour and near a filthy loggo. I can not see what could trigger that to appear, as well as the red egg on the bed and the one in Nabnut's house. I mean, I don't know what would trigger the secret areas where the ice key and such is either. However the secrets shown at the end of the game (and the cyan egg..) are in special places, so ok, they are "always" there. But what would make the red/yellow/green egg appear in places you can visit in the natural course of the game?

Rare claim, in other words "You shouldn't know about the secret items, so why should we speak of it? We never said it was part of the game" - well....that is rubbish. We know we was to go and collect the items from their BK locations beause they speak, they can claim as much as they want we shouldnt have known, but it is obvious we should have. Also, why show us a raised rock with an egg inside, a chamber ON SHOW with an ice key inside it. If rare wanted to show us a preview of secrets in the next game, mumbo could have shown still images of the ice key and eggs and that would be that. So my point, we were meant to get the secrets in BK. The theory is further backed up with how the secrets in BT were in BK packs! If we were not intended to get them in BK, why have them in BK pack - you can't get them from there!? Do you see my point? If Rare wanted they could have stuck the ice key and couple of eggs around BT (not in BK paks) and that would be that, but they didn't.

Also please explain to me the 3D rendered images of Banjo holding the ice key and pink egg??

There is also the "please tell us what what the eggS and key are for" - was a secret image at the end removed? Kazooie says EggS after seeing one. If Rare removed another secret being shown to us by Mumbo from the end, that implies they didn't want us to know about it (for personal reasons, or so that if SNS occured, we'd get a surprise with more secrets than expected). If they moved it because they didn't want anyone to ever collect it or know about it - it implies they dropped and removed SNS from the start.

I don't care what anyone says "Rare didn't say we actually get the items IN BK" - of course we were meant to! Why program them in the game , why have speech when items are collected, why have music in the secret areas. At some point it was intended, hackers or no hackers - and I'd like to know what was intended.

Plus, does anyone else think the cut scenes where you kill the "big cluckers" near click clock wood is a bit strange? I do! You kill some and they pop out of their hole squark and drop to their death in a small pointless cutscene. It doesn't happen when you kill other creatures that pop from walls...just these strange looking birds? Any link to the eggs?

Just some ideas.

Also, why would Rare set a trap? We weren't supposed to know about those items as Rare say - so why were they setting traps?

In regards to the Grabbed By The Ghoulies SNS references - probably jokes? They knew most kids/teens would be likely BK players and probably took part in the SNS thing, looking for secret levels, how to find the eggs etc - and made that their homework (rather than actual school homework!) - so made a joke of it.

Last edited by Benjo Koolzooie; 10th February 2005 at 10:41 AM.

Old 10th February 2005, 11:54 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Still, the word "eggS" could just be referencing the blue and pink eggs even if one wasn't shown yet.

Old 10th February 2005, 12:43 PM
Bunnycomb

Yes I know that could be so. But is very unoften that Rare would make such mistakes.

Also there was speculation before about scenes being removed from the ending.

So, anyone got any idea on the "big clucker" cut scenes?

Old 10th February 2005, 04:02 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
Hmmmmmmmmm...I probably CAN find out, with the ROM...

Old 10th February 2005, 05:22 PM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
One thing though, about speech:
I always thought banjo speaks after any of them, but stops after you get 2. IE, he speaks aftert the first 2 u collect, no matter which ones they are
I dont know if that's correct, but I think it is...
Also, no, I dont expect to find SnS complete and working (although you really DO never know - look at bottles revenge) but There has to be some sort of cutscene left in BK, which is why I'm trying to figure all this out. I think rareware might actually have been telling the truth in GbtG about 4 eggs...

Old 10th February 2005, 07:42 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Perhaps rare was telling us the truth in GbtG but one thing that works against that idea is the fact that rare enjoys watching people search for any secrets hidden in the BK games, and they figured that some BK players would play GbtG so what do they do?
Place that "homework" in to further screw with our heads and make us look for something that might not exist anymore. Of course maybe rare did intend to give us a hint with our assignment, we can't know until we either find something or completely search but find nothing at all.
Let's keep throwing ideas around this is a very interesting debate.
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 10th February 2005, 08:42 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
What does GbtG stand for?

Old 10th February 2005, 08:55 PM
Admin of Awesome

Total Awards: 21
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
Grabbed by the Ghoulies, their Xbox game