Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 1st September 2005, 11:35 PM
Glowbo

Lightbulb S 'N' S revealed!?

Well I'm new but my buddy cross stinger typed this up don't know if false maybe.
If you go to supercheats.com you know who he is yes this is l;ong but try it if youv'e haven't collected the items and have everything!

Finally, after 7 long, gruelling years, the answer of Stop 'N' Swop is revealed!

First off, beat Banjo-Kazooie with all 100 Jiggies, 900 Notes--e3verything.

After you beat Gruntilda, and Mumbo has shown you the secret pictures, return to the Treasure Trove Cove. Type in the following code: CHEAT ICOULDNEVERDOITBEFORENOWPLEASELETMEOPENTHEVALLEYDO OR.

If you typed the code in right, you'll here the Secret anthem, and a cutscene will start.
Mumbo Jumbo will be standing at the unopenable door in Gobi's Valley. "Ah, bear and bird clever to find Mumbo magic spell." He will then begin a magic spell, and when he's finished, a giant beam will hit the door and it will be severly damaged. "Bear and bird must finish job," he will explain.

When you arrive in the Valley, ride the magic carpets until you get to Mumbo at the door. Beak Barge it, and it will break down! Run inside and Mumbo will follow. Once you are inside, hit the button to open the sarcaphegous -- the Mystery Blue Egg! Once you have it, Mumbo will tell you to meet him in the entrance to Grunty's Lair. Once you arrive, the giant portait of the warty hag will be gone -- and there will be a room behind it!

Run inside, it turns out to be a small machine room, and plop the Mystery Blue Egg on the corresponding pad. Jump on the Banjo pad and Mumbo will take the controls. "OK, in order to get Ice Key, you guys need help from ape friend. Please wait while the game dumps memory to the N64..." once it has finished, Mumbo will speak again, "OK, please insert Donkey Kong 64 within 60 seconds, or must start over."

Do as he says! Once DK64 is in, you will automatically be in the Kongs jungle home. Climb up to Donkey Kong's house, and chat with him. Banjo will convince DK that they really need his help getting the Ice Key, and he will agree, and another memory dumping will have to take place. Once it's done, you'll be zapped away, and must insert BanjoKazooie within 60 seconds. You will appear back in the small machine room. Run to the Freezeezy Peaks, and once you're inside Wozza's Cave, switch to DK (L Button) and smash the Ice Wall. Grab the Ice Key and DK will be zapped back home.

Return to the machine room, and put the Key on it's pad. Mumbo will press a few more buttons, and the sign on Sharkfood Island in TTC will be blown off, revealing a keyhole. The key will automatically warp to the Island, and raise it. Run to Treasure Trove Cove and jump into every nook, one by one, until you reach the top. The Pink Egg is yours. You can plop the final secret item on it's pad. (The other four, accesed by debug codes, are poison eggs, in the sense that they ruin the entire process and make it defunct.)

You will have to switch to Banjo Tooie now. You will appear in the same spot as you were in BK, but in front of you will be the "Tooie-versions" of Banjo, Kazooie, and Mumbo. Mumbo will remark "Ignore any time paradoxes this would normally cause, and put the Eggs and Key on their new pads." Once you do, all the rocks in the lair will be blown up, allowing you to access each of the old levels! You may get one Jigsaw from each of the nine worlds (and one of the Lair's Jiggies) from BK, to add up to 10 extra jiggies! (If you have completed BT as well, you should now have one hundred Jiggies, and twelve in reserve -- two left over from BK and the ten you have just collected. Return to the top of the tower, and you will be greeted by a mind-controlled Bottles! He will lock off the very top with one last Jigsaw puzzle -- one requiring all twelve spare Jiggies. Curiously enough, it forms the image of the "Devil" Bottles. And you'll see why after you beat him (easy, considering you've got two Banjos, Kazooies and Mumbos.) His spirit will rise from his beaten body -- in demon form.He will send the BK Banjo and Kazooie back to their time, and he will send you back to the beginning of the game -- Sprial Mountain, directly after the opening video. He will do the speech seen on the Rare Witch Project. (www.rarewitchproject.com) and you and a friend can relive the game, with Devil Bottles! This new file will be on a "File Four" to the very far right of the Game Select menu -- with Devil Bottles' portait.

This is all that Rare has released about SnS, and this may be all that there is to it. All I know now thogh, however, is this works, and I'm glad we know it does, after 7 long years.

Old 1st September 2005, 11:39 PM
Dingpot

Yes. It's false. More false than you could possibly imagine. We already know all the SNS codes that do stuff, from hacking and all.

Old 1st September 2005, 11:45 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref
Yes. It's false. More false than you could possibly imagine. We already know all the SNS codes that do stuff, from hacking and all.
Well after 7 years it never hurts to try once i get tooie I'll try it.
I haven't played banjo for years!
But good point it probably is false.

Old 2nd September 2005, 12:22 AM
Glowbo

Fakez0rs.

Old 2nd September 2005, 12:27 AM
Glowbo

i didn't say it was true!

Old 2nd September 2005, 12:42 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
We've already seen this practically a million times.

Oh my, I do wish people would stop posting this crap.

Old 2nd September 2005, 12:55 AM
Retired

No, sorry, it seems that your friend is suffering from 'Liaritis'. It happens every now and then. Make sure he gets lots of bed rest, and takes his vitamins.

Old 2nd September 2005, 03:27 AM
Jinjo

Yeah, there's a SNS code on eeggs.com too, in the comment section of the "Eggs" page. It gets dangerously close to "Luigi code" territory... something about Banjo glowing blue and going through the beauty machine door; and even though I am dead set on thinking SNS will be uncovered, I can even safely admit that that door is useless.

Wait... "game dumps memory to N64"?? How the hell is that supposed to happen? And how exactly is DK supposed to just be inserted into BK??? It's not even a good fake, it defies the capabilities of the N64 completely...

1949-2005

Old 2nd September 2005, 03:33 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostJinkies
Yeah, there's a SNS code on eeggs.com too, in the comment section of the "Eggs" page. It gets dangerously close to "Luigi code" territory... something about Banjo glowing blue and going through the beauty machine door; and even though I am dead set on thinking SNS will be uncovered, I can even safely admit that that door is useless.
Just a door that leads to black nothingness and a bottomless pit. I have personally wireframed and walked through it with the WTW code. Many have been back there, it is used for nothing.

Quote:
Well I'm new but my buddy cross stinger typed this up don't know if false maybe.
If you go to supercheats.com you know who he is yes this is l;ong but try it if youv'e haven't collected the items and have everything!

Finally, after 7 long, gruelling years, the answer of Stop 'N' Swop is revealed!

First off, beat Banjo-Kazooie with all 100 Jiggies, 900 Notes--e3verything.

After you beat Gruntilda, and Mumbo has shown you the secret pictures, return to the Treasure Trove Cove. Type in the following code: CHEAT ICOULDNEVERDOITBEFORENOWPLEASELETMEOPENTHEVALLEYDO OR.
blah blah blah blah (to requote bluebreegull)
*Sigh* You kids and your fake codes.

EDIT: BTW welcome to the boards, I saw on the forum main that you were the newest member. Here is your first official welcome.

Last edited by GameandWatch33; 2nd September 2005 at 04:08 AM.

Old 2nd September 2005, 07:05 AM
Jinjo

The worst fake code ever is an old one from about '97... CHEAT HEAR A BARK THEN PLAY SOUTH PARK, which lets you play a secret demo of the upcoming South Park game.

I made that one up, to scam the ever-loving crap (i.e. 25 cents) out of my 6th grade classmates. I also sold homemade books of Luigi codes, several of which I just pulled out of my arse as I was typing the paper. Ah, being young and naive was fun...

1949-2005

Old 2nd September 2005, 08:15 AM
Brash Breegull

sounds like a good idea for an Ed, Edd and Eddy episode.

Old 2nd September 2005, 07:42 PM
Jinjo

Yeah, I was cruel then... :-)

1949-2005

Old 2nd September 2005, 07:46 PM
Dingpot

J/W, Did anybody actually try this? I am 99.9% sure that this is fake, but there is always that .1% chance....lol

Old 2nd September 2005, 08:35 PM
Glowbo

i dont think anyone will because it sounds...so very fake lol

i mean who out of here will put the time in for this "theory"?

Old 2nd September 2005, 08:36 PM
Dingpot

If you were really intent on it, I guess all you'd have to do is take a 100% game over to TTC and enter in the code. If you get a cutscene, great. If you don't, the whole thing is false.

Incidentally, that's the problem with a lot of cheats. The first few steps already let you know if you've done it right or not, so if nothing weird happens when you do them you've already disproved it. Cheats should only have something weird happen after a long and arduous sequence... Then you really have to spend some time to find out if it's false. Like this:

Start up Banjo-Tooie. The cart must have never been played on before. Start a new game on File 2 and always have the minimum number of notes and jiggies for every milestone until you are allowed to enter Terrydactyland. Now, collect as many notes, jiggies, and cheato pages as you can without opening up or entering any other levels. Go back to the code chamber in MT and pause. Now, take out Banjo-Tooie and put in Banjo-Kazooie within 15 seconds. If you've never played on the Banjo-Kazooie cart before either, start a new game on File 3 and beat it with all notes and jiggies and EVERY MUMBO TOKEN - you must not spend any. (Transform when you're a washing machine and Mumbo won't charge you.) You must beat it in less than five hours. If you do this, in the party you will notice that one of the characters has a small shining object floating above their head. About five seconds after you first see it, reset the game, and start a new game on File 1. Play until you beat Furnace Fun, and when you enter Grunty's beauty room there will be a working cauldron. Enter to be transported to a large room with Gobi and about 20 signs that detail exactly how to make Stop 'N' Swop work. Just follow them, and you've figured out SNS!