Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 9th August 2006, 06:06 AM
Glowbo

The Great Banjo-Kazooie Investigation

The Great Banjo-Kazooie Investigation

Hello, all. I already posted this on my other thread, but I figure that if we actually decide to do this, then we should have an entire thread dedicated to it. Now on with my idea...

I propose that we split into organized groups of about three or so. Each group would be entirely dedicated to scouring an entire level of Banjo-Kazooie. This way, each person could devote all their attention to a single area rather than the entire game.

Why would we need three people per group you may ask? Well it may not be necessary, but I think it would be wise to have someone search a level with any/all Stop 'N' Swop items, one person without any Stop 'N' Swop items, and another person seeing where they can get using a Gameshark or other hacking device. Like I said, this may not be necessary, but I wouldn't want to miss something in a level because we accidentally flipped a variable that we didn't mean to.

Each team member should post back here with a complete report of anything out of the ordinary that happened during the search. Even if you think that it might be common knowledge or that it's been posted somewhere else, post it here. I'll edit the post with a complete record of events and team members for each level, and I'd like this thread to be a one stop source for investigation of Banjo-Kazooie.

The Roster

Spiral Mountain
*Full!*
-Killamanjaro (SnS)(Gameshark Off)
-Bobbynicjr (SnS)(Gameshark Off)
-Avarice (No SnS) (Gameshark On)

Gruntilda's Lair
-Stop N Swoper (SnS)(Gameshark Off)
-Machanist (SnS)(Gameshark Off)
-Benjo-Kazooie (SnS)(Gameshark Off)

Mumbo's Mountain
*CLEAN!*

Treasure Trove Cove
Need someone with no SnS!
-Springer2006 (SnS)(Gameshark Off)
-Fire Kazooie (SnS)(Gameshark On)
-Banjo-Swopooie (SnS)(Gameshark On)
-Breagullbomber (SnS)(Gameshark Off)

Clanker's Cavern
Killamanjaro (SnS)(Gameshark Off)

Bubblegloop Swamp
-Mecha-Breegull (SnS)(Gameshark Off)
-XvMystarEgovX (SnS)(Gameshark Off)
-Kurtman1234 (SnS)(Gameshark Off)

Freezeezy Peak
*Full!*
-Daydreams (No SnS)(Gameshark Off)
-Airman (SnS)(Gameshark On)

Gobi's Valley
-KryptoniteJinjo (SnS)(Gameshark On)
-New@BTHacking (No SnS)(Gameshark On)

Mad Monster Mansion
-Jumbo Mumbo (SnS)(Gameshark Off)

Rusty Bucket Bay
-SonicTails1189 (SnS)(Gameshark On)
-Joe7 (SnS)(Gameshark Off)

Click Clock Wood
-Donkey Kong (SnS)(Gameshark Off)
-Goldfish (No SnS)(Gameshark Off)

The Record
Clanker's Cavern
Findings By Killamanjaro
Quote:
I have not found anything yet but however i did happen to find two weird red walls:
1. When standing on the position of the bees nest where the yellow jinjo is located look left and see a weird red wall. I dont no if there hot or there just red.
2. Where the line of items are (musical notes, red feathers, etc.) the one that has the golden feather the wall is red.

P.S. im working in Clankers Cavern and im planing on doing a search of the CC entrance.

Update: I just found something around the puzzle for Bupple Goop Swamp. If u swim right over the entrance to the puzzle u can hear a waterfall coming from the other room.

Gobi's Valley
Findings By Banjo-Swopooie
Quote:
And just something random: in GV, stand on the thing that sticks up from the statue. Look at the walls, and you'll see two ?'s and a Door-object. Ring some bells? (Or Knockers?)

Rusty Bucket Bay
Findings By SonicTails1189
Quote:
I've found that, as many people know, you can walk around on the rooftops around RBB. However, on the roofs next to the cranes (not the ones behind the cranes) Banjo just falls right through. Also, banjo can stand on the platforms that require a toll of 2 and 8 when they are out of bounds, but the ones that require a toll of 4 and 6 he just falls through. It's strange that you would fall through only a couple sections of roof and not be able to stand on these ledges before they enter the main area.

I've noticed that the buildings that are behind the surrounding roofs are not solid at all, nor are the smoke stacks. This is not surprising to me, however.

The gate where the ship apparently sailed in is the only location where water extends past the normal level barriers. Why didn't they just cut the water line off right at the gate as they did with the other walls?

Also, though it is not uncommon for ships, the name "RUSTY BUCKET" is printed only on the stern and on the port side of the bough of the ship (i.e. the back and the front left, for you people who are unknowledged in the way of boats).

Lastly, on the stern of the boat underneath the name, is the location "TWYCROSS ENGLAND". Could this place be the home of a real ship called the "Rusty Bucket"? I will do further research on this and post again later.

P.S. I haven't checked around the inside of the ship yet, so I'll post about that later as well.
He posted pictures of his findings in the zip file "RBB Pics.zip" if you want to get a better idea of what he means.

Quote:
I've finished exploring RBB and found a few new things. First of all, the Rare symbol shows itself in 3 separate locations in this level. That's more than anywhere else in the game! This is just something that caught my eye.

There are several rooms on the ship which have mysterious doors facing the inside of the ship. One of these rooms is the captain's cabin. Maybe the red egg was supposed to be behind that door...

There's also that knife in the kitchen which seems very out of place, since there aren't any other objects on any of the other counters.

In the computer room of the ship, there are two radars. Each of them is picking up an object at a certain location. What could these objects be and where are they?

Lastly, there are also two maps in the computer room that show various islands. Are these real places? Are they perhaps related to Twycross, England?

I will be looking into Twycross soon and see if I can get some answers.
Again, he posted pictures of his work. Download "RBB Pics 2.zip."

The Mysteries
Gruntilda's Lair
-By the puzzle for Bubblegloop swamp, where is the waterfall sound coming from?
Theory: It's a glitch. We're hearing the waterfall from the main room.
-Are those pictures of Blackeye on the walls in the transformation room?
Theory: This was originally where SnS would take place. (See rumor #1)
-Is there a way to get behind the picture in the entrance? Anything there?

Clanker's Cavern
-Why are there two red walls? (See Killamanjaro's findings on the Clanker's Cavern Record)
Theory: Decoration.

Bubblegloop Swamp
-Do the Crocti have anything to do with SnS? (Eye color)
-Does the Tiptup Choir have anything to do with SnS? (Shell color)
-Anything to the three solid vine objects that are unreachable?

Gobi's Valley
-Why are there two ? marks and a door object? (See Banjo-Swopooie's findings on the Gobi's Valley Record)

Mad Monster Mansion
-Does anything happen when you play the written music on the organ? (OmniMan)

Rusty Bucket Bay
-What does "TWYCROSS ENGLAND" mean on the back of the boat?
*Twycross England is the location of Rare Ware. It's just an easter egg.*
-Why does Banjo fall through SOME solid objects outside the boundries (unextended tollbridges, rooftops, etc.) but not others?
-Is there anything to the Rare logo making a record three appearances on this level?
-Three mysterious doors on the inside of the ship. Is it possible to open them?
-Is there anything to the lonely knife in the kitchen?
-Is it possible to reach the locations that are picked up on the radars in the computer room?
Theory: They map the entire level with Banjo's location being the dot.
-Do the maps in the computer room have any significance?
Theory: It's a map of TTC with the "x" being Sharkfood Island.

Click Clock Wood
-(Winter) Is it possible to enter the treehouse? Anything inside?
Theory: This is the (old) entrance to Fungus Forest.

The Rumors
Rumor #1: Blackeye the Pirate was supposed to tell you the passwords for the eggs and key after you performed certain events in Banjo-Tooie. Rare meant for there to be four eggs and the ice key. At least that's all they wanted people to find. Two of the eggs are "duds" that were never meant to be found. As soon as you had a dud egg, SnS stops working. They were only put there to stop the hackers from finding the mysteries before Banjo-Tooie came out. So if you have the right combination of eggs, a door should open in the transformation room. Grunty will curse that annoying Blackeye for giving away her precious secrets, and then you can take the eggs to Banjo-Tooie.

The eggs were to be used to unlock transformations similar to "Dragon Kazooie" and maybe some new moves as well.

Source

Useful Gameshark Codes
Press L To Levitate
-D02812510020
-8137C4BC43E0

Move The Walls (Press L/R)
-D02812510020
-80278220003E
-D02812510010
-80278220003F

Good luck to all detectives, and feel free to put your membership in your signature!
Attached Files
File Type: zip RBB Pics.zip (940.9 KB, 137 views)
File Type: zip RBB Pics 2.zip (1.50 MB, 81 views)

Last edited by Alek; 13th August 2006 at 11:18 PM.

Old 9th August 2006, 06:42 AM
Glowbo

Well.... I am a member of the SFS, and this does sound like a great idea! Count me in for the member having all the SNS items for the level MMM!

Old 9th August 2006, 07:19 AM
Glowbo

This sounds like a good plan, acctaully.
I'd do freezyzy peak and I have no SNS.

Old 9th August 2006, 07:24 AM
Glowbo

Terrific! I'll put up the roster with your names. Come back with as much information as you can!

If you want, you can sign up for other levels as well, but try to focus on just one at a time, okay?

Old 9th August 2006, 07:31 AM
The Hero of the Hour

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Now heres a good idea i am getting a GS in a few days so i could be useful. One of the best ideas ive heard the whole ...couple of weeks ive been a member.

Old 9th August 2006, 07:31 AM
Glowbo

You don't need to have a Gameshark to be helpful! Go ahead and sign up for a level to investigate without one, if you want to!

Old 9th August 2006, 07:45 AM
The Hero of the Hour

Righto I'll Strip-Search Freezeasy Peak With a GS

Old 9th August 2006, 07:52 AM
Glowbo

I need to know if you have any of the SnS items in your inventory before I can add you to the roster.

Old 9th August 2006, 07:55 AM
The Hero of the Hour

I can get rid of them with a GS If u want but currently yes i do

Old 9th August 2006, 07:57 AM
Jinjo

I'll search TTC. I don't have a Game Shark but I have all the SNS items except for the Green Egg. I'll get it later.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:00 AM
Glowbo

Nope! No need. Daydreams is searching without any SnS items and with Gameshark off, so you fit in perfectly. You might want to collaborate with him a bit and both follow each other's footsteps. If you have differing results, it could be a good lead!

Alright, you're both added.

I'm not sure yet, but I think that I might search through Gruntilda's Lair. I might need some help, though, if anyone is up for it.

Also, I've decided that after a team sees it fit, they should dub the level "clean." Then we can check it off the list and move on. If we finish Banjo-Kazooie, we should move on to Banjo-Tooie, although I don't want to get ahead of myself. This is quite an undertaking!

Also, if anyone is really good at hacking, it would be good if they could look through the code of a particular level and look for hidden text, or objects or whatever is possible.

I'll post a list of useful Gameshark codes for exploring on the front page in a bit.

Last edited by Gaming Master2k; 9th August 2006 at 08:22 AM.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:39 AM
Bunnycomb

sounds like a pretty good idea, im in just for the fun of it.
uh lets see...
yeah, i think i'll help you with gruntys lair if thats ok. i have all sns items and no gs.
if its not ok then ccw with the same. but gruntys lair is cooler.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:51 AM
Glowbo

Alright, you're signed up for Gruntilda's Lair with me. Keep the information coming!

Old 9th August 2006, 09:05 AM
Jinjo

Can someone give me the cheat for the green egg?

Old 9th August 2006, 09:06 AM
Dingpot

I'd love to help. I have a V3.3 GameShark for my N64. I'll have a look-see anywhere you want me, but I will require some NTSC codes for walk through walls, line mode, etc.