Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 9th August 2006, 07:45 PM
Glowbo

Oh my gosh! I almost forgot about Banjo-Swopooie. I'll put you to work on Mumbo's Mountain then. Positions are being filled quickly!

Breagullbomber and swopooie have to tell me if they have SnS or not. If you don't say anything, I'll assume you do.

Old 9th August 2006, 07:50 PM
Dingpot

Ill give it a shot, yo Alek can u set me up for Clankers Cavern? I have all the sns items except for the yellow egg (tell me if i should go and get it) and no GS. If not set me up for Grunty's Lair.

Old 9th August 2006, 07:57 PM
Dingpot

Location: NYC, on top of the Empire State Building with a grenade launcher.
Alek, post me up for the Mad Monster Mansion Mystery ok?

Old 9th August 2006, 08:02 PM
Dingpot

I can have any of the seven SNS items...but i'd like all if....breagullbomber hasn't gotten them all.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:06 PM
Glowbo

K there are two things i would like to say. I've throughly searched both MMM and GV and found one thing in MMM and absoulutely nothing in GV, sorry guys, i suppose there is nothing to hide there (besides the Blue Egg of course)
So i guess since there is one more available spot for Frezzezzy Peak i will also sign up for that, all SNS and no Gameshark.

I may not have found anything in GV, but i did find something just outside of Gobis Valley in Gruntys lair. Above the giant pot is a skyroof which usually is blocked off, seeing that the blue sky actually isn't the sky at all but simply a wall which you cannot phase through with a levitate cheat. However i was messing around by using the shock spring jump to jump and then hold down levitate and make it look like Banjo is doing an infinite shock spring jump. I jumped into the sky roof and curiosity got the best of me, so i turned on Wireframe rendering, and noticed that all the wires led to one spot in a corner, so i levitate over to that spot, and half of banjos body suck through the wall! Maybey theres a way through and you can find the SNS machine up there. Who knows.... Anyways that's all i have to report. I'll start on FP and double check both my other levels as well.

Edit 1: Something really weird just happened in Gobis Valley. I found this new cheat that lets me take off the SNS items! I was really excited, so i used it and went to the blue egg place, and it was there! I was really, really excited now. I went to collect it and instead of banjo talking, Mumbo came up and said: "Me get new stick, this one not work well..." Pretty weird huh?

Last edited by Kurtman1234; 9th August 2006 at 08:39 PM.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:07 PM
Glowbo

You're on for CC killa. You don't need to get the yellow egg if you don't want though. I'm going with an all or nothing kind of deal for the SnS items.

Omni, you're set for the MMM mystery. Report back if anything weird happens.

Swopooie, I think breagullbomber has the SnS, so you should search without it for the time being. Besides, we don't have many people searching that don't have SnS items, so you can be put to great use!

Oh, excellent, Kurtman! If you can find a way to get outside the walls of gruntilda's lair, then we have a lot more possibilities at hand for finding hidden rooms. Keep working on it and trying different ways. I'm not going to dub the levels you worked on "clean" yet, though. I wanna get some more eyes in there and see what they can do.

Last edited by Alek; 9th August 2006 at 08:11 PM.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:11 PM
Dingpot

And just something random: in GV, stand on the thing that sticks up from the statue. Look at the walls, and you'll see two ?'s and a Door-object. Ring some bells? (Or Knockers?)

Old 9th August 2006, 08:15 PM
Glowbo

I don't quite understand what you mean Swopooie...Do you mean the giant dog statue? And what do you mean "door-object"? This could be a lead, but I don't understand what you mean.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:17 PM
Jinjo

Exclamation RBB Findings (Part 1)

I've found that, as many people know, you can walk around on the rooftops around RBB. However, on the roofs next to the cranes (not the ones behind the cranes) Banjo just falls right through. Also, banjo can stand on the platforms that require a toll of 2 and 8 when they are out of bounds, but the ones that require a toll of 4 and 6 he just falls through. It's strange that you would fall through only a couple sections of roof and not be able to stand on these ledges before they enter the main area.

I've noticed that the buildings that are behind the surrounding roofs are not solid at all, nor are the smoke stacks. This is not surprising to me, however.

The gate where the ship apparently sailed in is the only location where water extends past the normal level barriers. Why didn't they just cut the water line off right at the gate as they did with the other walls?

Also, though it is not uncommon for ships, the name "RUSTY BUCKET" is printed only on the stern and on the port side of the bough of the ship (i.e. the back and the front left, for you people who are unknowledged in the way of boats).

Lastly, on the stern of the boat underneath the name, is the location "TWYCROSS ENGLAND". Could this place be the home of a real ship called the "Rusty Bucket"? I will do further research on this and post again later.

P.S. I haven't checked around the inside of the ship yet, so I'll post about that later as well.

Here are some pictures detailing my findings:
Attached Files
File Type: zip RBB Pics.zip (940.9 KB, 32 views)

Old 9th August 2006, 08:19 PM
Dingpot

Just look at the wall.. It's pretty easy to spot.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:26 PM
Dingpot

I have not found anything yet but however i did happen to find two weird red walls:
1. When standing on the position of the bees nest where the yellow jinjo is located look left and see a weird red wall. I dont no if there hot or there just red.
2. Where the line of items are (musical notes, red feathers, etc.) the one that has the golden feather the wall is red.

P.S. im working in Clankers Cavern and im planing on doing a search of the CC entrance.

Update: I just found something around the puzzle for Bupple Goop Swamp. If u swim right over the entrance to the puzzle u can hear a waterfall coming from the other room.

Last edited by killamanjaro; 9th August 2006 at 08:33 PM.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:39 PM
Glowbo

Excellent work, SonicAndTails, I posted your findings and pictures on the front page.

You too, Killa. I'll get to work posting your findings and mysteries right now. If someone wants to sign up for those mysteries, they should probably use a gameshark to explore them.

Swopooie, I'll post your findings and mysteries now as well, but I can't check them out for a while.

Last edited by Alek; 9th August 2006 at 08:45 PM.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:43 PM
Dingpot

Hey Alek can i please move onto Sprial Mountain?? I feel like there is something there that we missed.

Update: im going out somewhere but ill be back on later.

Last edited by killamanjaro; 9th August 2006 at 08:52 PM.

Old 9th August 2006, 08:54 PM
Glowbo

Oh yes i know i am not signed up for CCW but i found something really weird there a long time ago. In Summer time, levitate in Gnawtys house, ITS NOT EVEN THERE let go of levitate and you will fall into nothingness. Where the crap did Gnawty go?

Old 9th August 2006, 08:59 PM
Glowbo

I'll add your name to it Killa, but do you want to quit Clanker's Cavern as well, or just do both?

Oh yeah, Kurtman I remember doing that. And in the springtime, if you drop eggs onto the rock from the ledge above and do it JUST right, the rock will break. Gnawty won't do anything, but you can swim up to his house in the nothingness. I don't think it has anything to do with Stop 'N' Swop, just Rare didn't feel like programming the house if it's "impossible" to get in there.

I need to stop for a while everyone. Keep posting info here and I'll get caught up when I come back, but while I'm gone the front page won't update.

If someone new wants to join, just go to work wherever and I'll officially add you later.

Last edited by Alek; 9th August 2006 at 09:02 PM.