Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 29th April 2011, 10:12 PM
Glowbo

What did 'you' like about Banjo-Kazooie?

Hey, fellow RWP members.
I am creating a 'Banjo-Kazooie' game to show to Rare. This is for employment purposes, and as most of us here, were once fans of Banjo-Kazooie. I am just asking a simple question of "what did you like about the Banjo Kazooie series?". If they do employ me, I will pressure them from the inside to make that game and maybe the long awaited "Conker 2". I know you maybe thinking that if I am a Banjo Kazooie fan, why can't I just use what I like about the series, well my opinion is different from the rest of you (for example I love BK N&B and Kinect Sports), and you know what they say the more the merrier. So anyway what I like about the series was the humour, the character designs(both the original and N&B), the music(such a shame Grant Kirkhope left) and obviously the style of gameplay.

Old 29th April 2011, 10:14 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox 
Do you really think it is gonna work?

Old 29th April 2011, 10:15 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowKazooie View Post
Do you really think it is gonna work?
Have you ever heard of Cosmic Eternity - Believe In Yourself? lol

Old 29th April 2011, 10:22 PM
Grunty's Reject

how old are you? Just wondering

Old 29th April 2011, 10:24 PM
Glowbo

I'm 14, but have about 5 years experience in computer programming.

Old 29th April 2011, 10:28 PM
Grunty's Reject

Are you expecting that they will hire a 14 years old?

Old 29th April 2011, 10:29 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowKazooie View Post
Are you expecting that they will hire a 14 years old?
No, but when I'm in age yes.

Old 29th April 2011, 10:40 PM
Grunty's Reject

You know? I like this idea. Go with what your heart tells you!

My favorite thing about Banjo Kazooie is all the Collecting, and all the unforgettable characters!

Also what I liked about TOOIE was the story cutscenes. If you get hired one day, id love to see more cutscenes.

Don't let any of the guys here bug you about shit like: "ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN". that shit is evil.

Old 29th April 2011, 10:54 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 9
INFECTED - B2K1 Thread Starter Bashful Imagination Game On 
Not to be a pessimistic but I don't see how the opinion of a 14 year old and a handful of gamers will help when Rare doubtlessly knows that the old school fans like BK.
But whatever.
My favourite aspect is the combination between gameplay and soundtrack.

Old 29th April 2011, 10:58 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieforever View Post
You know? I like this idea. Go with what your heart tells you!

My favorite thing about Banjo Kazooie is all the Collecting, and all the unforgettable characters!

Also what I liked about TOOIE was the story cutscenes. If you get hired one day, id love to see more cutscenes.

Don't let any of the guys here bug you about shit like: "ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN". that shit is evil.
I know, anything can happen, heck I'm even doing a degree at Open University in 'Computer Science'. I am determined to do this.

Old 29th April 2011, 11:08 PM
Dingpot

One of the greatest joys I got from playing Banjo-Kazooie was the wonderment of unlocking each new level, as in...

1. Seeing another unfinished puzzle.
2. Seeing the entrance to the level open up and a sign appearing, showing a new name.
3. Entering the strange, new world.

Something I really liked in Banjo-Tooie was the humor in some of the area titles,
such as "Another Digger Tunnel" and "Targizan's Really Sacred Chamber".

Something I really liked that was present in both games (especially Banjo-Tooie) was how Mumbo's Skull and Wumba's Wigwam would be slightly different on the inside every time they appeared.

Do you have much of an idea as to what this Banjo-Kazooie game is going to be? Because, I've had a plan for quite some time, but have had a hard time looking for people who could help make it happen. I've got drawings, levels, music, sounds, characters, storyline, features, you name it. I'm pretty much missing level maps, ways to get the jiggies and people to program, build and animate it. I can send you a private message about it, if you want.

Last edited by Lugbzurg; 29th April 2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: A bit of re-wording to make it flow better.

Old 29th April 2011, 11:10 PM
Grunty's Reject

If theres anything ya need help with, gimme a call

Old 29th April 2011, 11:57 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugbzurg View Post
One of the greatest joys I got from playing Banjo-Kazooie was the wonderment of unlocking each new level, as in...

1. Seeing another unfinished puzzle.
2. Seeing the entrance to the level open up and a sign appearing, showing a new name.
3. Entering the strange, new world.

Something I really liked in Banjo-Tooie was the humor in some of the area titles,
such as "Another Digger Tunnel" and "Targizan's Really Sacred Chamber".

Something I really liked that was present in both games (especially Banjo-Tooie) was how Mumbo's Skull and Wumba's Wigwam would be slightly different on the inside every time they appeared.

Do you have much of an idea as to what this Banjo-Kazooie game is going to be? Because, I've had a plan for quite some time, but have had a hard time looking for people who could help make it happen. I've got drawings, levels, music, sounds, characters, storyline, features, you name it. I'm pretty much missing level maps, ways to get the jiggies and people to program, build and animate it. I can send you a private message about it, if you want.
Thanks for the support everyone, I was expecting a different reaction from you guys. The concept to this game is really a traditional BK platformer. At the moment I am thinking that it should be about Grunty taking revenge on L.O.G, by infecting him with a computer virus spell, and thus creating L.O.P (Lord of Pain), who sends Banjo and Kazooie into a nightmare.After you complete the first level, Banjo wakes up and heads to Grunty's lair for a battle.When he defeats Grunty L.O.G is restored to his normal self, but a new character appears..."Marnie" (Grunty's mother), who insults all four of them.
Marnie: "Fat ugly daughter you are a pest, now I shall end you and your quest."
Grunty: "But mother I have such evil class, let me finish kicking this bear's ar..."
Banjo: "Watch your language."
Marnie: "You stupid bear, do you think I care. The last game you were in was just cruel, you know building transport is not cool!"
Banjo: "Gulp!"
Marnie: "...And you, computer screen, in this game I'm the one who is going to be mean."
So then in a flash,Marnie pulls out a pistol and aims at L.O.G, and forces him to come up with new game worlds.As soon as he finishes she enters the portal to the other world.
Kazooie: "Jeez what a b..."
Banjo:"Kazooie!"
Marnie's hand pops out of nowhere and gives the "Loser" sign(would of been middle finger).
This makes the duo accept her challenge.
The level designs would be completely new, for example I might plan on doing a prison level.
Also I could help you for the animation and programming of your project.

Last edited by jamesthewiidict; 30th April 2011 at 12:01 AM.

Old 30th April 2011, 12:04 AM
Mr. Pants

You remind me of myself. Just don't let anyone discourage you, and follow your dreams... you'll be surprised at how far you'll get in life if you just stick to these morals.

What did I like about Banjo-Kazooie? It was a unique platformer that caught my eye when I was young, and I often compared it to Super Mario 64 in terms of gameplay. The colorful characters, the humor, game mechanics and of course the soundtrack. To this day, Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favorite games of all time, and I still await the much-needed platforming successor to Banjo-Tooie.

Old 30th April 2011, 12:07 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 9
INFECTED - B2K1 Thread Starter Bashful Imagination Game On 
That sounds interesting, but I think it should be more subtle.
This is how I'd do it:
Grunty gives L.O.G. a floppy disc with promises that it will increase his creativity but instead it contains a computer virus infecting L.O.G. and merely shuts down his A.I. creating a puppet for Grunty to use against Banjo and Kazooie.
L.O.G. summons Banjo and Kazooie telling that Grunty has escaped his game factory and they need to track her down, they enter a level but it's a trap created by Grunty where the only way to escape is to use the magic of the Golden Jiggies.
Getting into level design now, this world should be a new HUB, sort of like Grunty's castle from the first game but on a much grander scale, with a taunting message from Grunty "This world will end you with my consent, my first lair had wicked rent" or something like that.
The levels should be themed independently, something they haven't done before, such as a space world which could incorporate some vehicle building to attract some new audiences, but this is mainly a platformer.
At the end of the game, Grunty enters the game world, where she uses her hacks "Magic is so last decade, now with my hacks I can enter a new grade" (I am really bad at these) to make the final battle massively one sided (maybe a massive version of herself), and when she is defeated Banjo pulls out a floppy disc "who still uses these things?" and the L.O.G. returns to normal, permanently banished to videogame purgatory where she is eternally tormented by lame games.

User Tag List