Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 1st June 2013, 05:32 AM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman Coolboyman is offline 1 Highscore
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The East Bay, CA
Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
You can move the level around in import mode. Check all of those options.
Reply With Quote


  #77  
Old 1st June 2013, 06:08 AM
Skill Skill is offline
Clanker
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Hi DementedSun,

I have taken a look at your model file and quickly looked at the UVs they were very large i have shrunk them down, unfortunately i wasn't sure of how the model looked originally.

I also have looked at your collision issues.

The problem there is that there are some faces on top of each other with the normals facing different ways, this causes an issue in Banjo Kazooie, as BB will generate collision triangles for all faces unless you set them to not solid.

I deleted them and loaded it into the game to test it seems fine. I didn't have any of the other problems you had.


Here is the download for the obj and bins let me know if there are still problems or you want me to go over anything with you on it.

I know some of you will be on here and not RWC it does make things easier for us if these problems are posted there. But thats fine CBM will be able to help you on here with any problems you guys have.


Download:


http://rarewarecentral.com/files/dementedsun.zip

Last edited by Skill; 1st June 2013 at 06:18 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #78  
Old 1st June 2013, 06:21 AM
DementedSun's Avatar
DementedSun DementedSun is offline
Formerly Chilli
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Paradise Falls
Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill View Post
Hi DementedSun,

I have taken a look at your model file and quickly looked at the UVs they were very large i have shrunk them down, unfortunately i wasn't sure of how the model looked originally.

I also have looked at your collision issues.

The problem there is that there are some faces on top of each other with the normals facing different ways, this causes an issue in Banjo Kazooie, as BB will generate collision triangles for all faces unless you set them to not solid.

I deleted them and loaded it into the game to test it seems fine. I didn't have any of the other problems you had.

Oh, and the one part in the tutorial where you make the snow overlap the green. Not really sure how that works, aside from only being able to do that in the tutorial. I think all it did in my tests were make my objects transparent.


Here is the download for the obj and bins let me know if there are still problems or you want me to go over anything with you on it.

I know some of you will be on here and not RWC it does make things easier for us if these problems are posted there. But thats fine CBM will be able to help you on here with any problems you guys have.


Download:


http://rarewarecentral.com/files/dementedsun.zip
Thanks! After a few hours of messing with it, the only problem I seem to have is getting the new map to load in the center of the pre-existing one, cause otherwise it get's marked as too large, . I tried finding the coordinates of an existing entity and moving the map while importing to those coordinates, but they didn't seem to match. I guess just getting it as close as possible to the Banjo default model location works best.
__________________
☼DementedSun☼
"I guess the only way to truly enjoy a CoD game is to be a thick-necked neanderthal bro." -Tanjo

Last edited by DementedSun; 1st June 2013 at 06:39 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #79  
Old 1st June 2013, 02:11 PM
Ty-chan's Avatar
Ty-chan Ty-chan is offline
Formerly GoldenJiggies
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Your kitchen, raiding your fridge
Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
Oh, it's that simple? Thanks, CBM. We really need to repay you in some way for all the help your giving us and for BB alone - but I guess the best way to do that is to just get you some complete levels for you to play, isn't it?

EDIT: Just to let everyone know, in order for Spiral Mountain molehills to work you need to have the start molehill first - probably because they use flags that check whether the player asked for a tutorial to begin with - so if the flag is never set Bottles just stands there and scratches his head and the game never decides what to do.
__________________
Tummy Rubbing Cuddler
Food Enthusiastic Bisexual
Also Video Games

Last edited by Ty-chan; 1st June 2013 at 06:51 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #80  
Old 1st June 2013, 07:55 PM
Ty-chan's Avatar
Ty-chan Ty-chan is offline
Formerly GoldenJiggies
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Your kitchen, raiding your fridge
Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
The Jump molehill keeps looping at the head scratch animation even though I've already talked to the start one.
__________________
Tummy Rubbing Cuddler
Food Enthusiastic Bisexual
Also Video Games
Reply With Quote


  #81  
Old 1st June 2013, 08:04 PM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman Coolboyman is offline 1 Highscore
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The East Bay, CA
Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJiggies View Post
The Jump molehill keeps looping at the head scratch animation even though I've already talked to the start one.
Weird, I'll look into that. There is an option in MW to make it so you automatically have all the moves.
Reply With Quote


  #82  
Old 1st June 2013, 09:35 PM
Ty-chan's Avatar
Ty-chan Ty-chan is offline
Formerly GoldenJiggies
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Your kitchen, raiding your fridge
Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
Weird, I'll look into that. There is an option in MW to make it so you automatically have all the moves.
Yeah, I'm using that now but I wanted progression through the hub.

Also, you can't go into the N cube scene and edit the warp because just opening it makes it obsolete in the ROM.
__________________
Tummy Rubbing Cuddler
Food Enthusiastic Bisexual
Also Video Games
Reply With Quote


  #83  
Old 1st June 2013, 10:00 PM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman Coolboyman is offline 1 Highscore
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The East Bay, CA
Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJiggies View Post
Yeah, I'm using that now but I wanted progression through the hub.

Also, you can't go into the N cube scene and edit the warp because just opening it makes it obsolete in the ROM.
Yeah that was reported and it's going to be fixed in next version.
Reply With Quote


  #84  
Old 1st June 2013, 10:25 PM
Ty-chan's Avatar
Ty-chan Ty-chan is offline
Formerly GoldenJiggies
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Your kitchen, raiding your fridge
Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
It'd also be nice to have items not be limited to their original worlds so I can place a Grublin in a level other than Mumbo's Mountain, but for a first version this works very well.
__________________
Tummy Rubbing Cuddler
Food Enthusiastic Bisexual
Also Video Games
Reply With Quote


  #85  
Old 1st June 2013, 10:26 PM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman Coolboyman is offline 1 Highscore
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The East Bay, CA
Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJiggies View Post
It'd also be nice to have items not be limited to their original worlds so I can place a Grublin in a level other than Mumbo's Mountain, but for a first version this works very well.
It's the way Banjo-Kazooie is programmed sadly. I'd have to do some reprogramming to make all game objects global, but it may be done one day.
Reply With Quote


  #86  
Old 1st June 2013, 10:27 PM
Madous's Avatar
Madous Madous is offline
I Wanna Be The Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Char
Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
First person to create a complete, well-done version of the removed forest level will receive staff immunity for the rest of their days.
Reply With Quote


  #87  
Old 3rd June 2013, 04:01 AM
MamaLuigi's Avatar
MamaLuigi MamaLuigi is offline
Glowbo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Sort of unrelated, but if there were to be a collaborative effort to make a fan-made "Banjo Threeie", would it be possible to somehow get it onto a Nintendo 64 cartridge for play on the original hardware? I haven't looked into much, was wondering if anyone else thought this would be a neat idea.
Reply With Quote


  #88  
Old 3rd June 2013, 04:16 AM
Frankie's Avatar
Frankie Frankie is offline
Forever Mental
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Around and About ;)
Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLuigi View Post
Sort of unrelated, but if there were to be a collaborative effort to make a fan-made "Banjo Threeie", would it be possible to somehow get it onto a Nintendo 64 cartridge for play on the original hardware? I haven't looked into much, was wondering if anyone else thought this would be a neat idea.
Well, there IS the everdrive64.


It's like an R4 card for the n64.
__________________
Forums are outdated. Wanna hit me up? Follow me on tweeter.
https://twitter.com/FRANKIE_MENT4L
Reply With Quote


  #89  
Old 3rd June 2013, 04:16 AM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman Coolboyman is offline 1 Highscore
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The East Bay, CA
Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLuigi View Post
Sort of unrelated, but if there were to be a collaborative effort to make a fan-made "Banjo Threeie", would it be possible to somehow get it onto a Nintendo 64 cartridge for play on the original hardware? I haven't looked into much, was wondering if anyone else thought this would be a neat idea.
Hacks on the Everdrive 64 play beautifully
Reply With Quote


  #90  
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:29 AM
Whyme123's Avatar
Whyme123 Whyme123 is offline
Rare Witch Hero
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ♀
Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madous View Post
First person to create a complete, well-done version of the removed forest level will receive staff immunity for the rest of their days.
seriously?

Then we can post hardcore anal horse porn everywhere and nothing can be done to us?
__________________
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige
Reply With Quote


Reply


User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Forums powered by vBulletin® Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website © 2000-2015 The RWP