Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 10th April 2020, 08:10 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Stop N Swop secrets unveiled?

I found this article that just went up: http://www.raregamer.co.uk/games/pau...wop-interview/ that gives really intense detail in to Stop N Swop. One of the things that stood out to me is that Banjo-Kazooie still looks for RAM on bootup. Does that mean someone could modify a Banjo-Tooie cartridge (or any cartridge) to write to those spots in RAM constantly, and we'd be able to actually Stop N Swop? Put in Banjo-Tooie, trigger the RAM drop, take out Banjo Tooie, put in Banjo Kazooie, turn it on, and then unlock SNS items without sandcastle codes??

Additionally, is Banjo-Kazooie still writing to RAM constantly? If so, we could mod Tooie to look for those spots on bootup and have SNS working in both directions...

Old 10th April 2020, 08:33 PM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I don't have a lot of understanding of the inner workings of the Banjo games, but I am a programmer.

Sure, I'm sure someone with adequate skill could modify Tooie to read the RAM after swapping from Kazooie to detect the items, and to trigger the items in Kazooie. It's not like that would magically be a restoration of SNS though, since as the interview stated, they were told to stop on SNS before Tooie even started development.

So there's no true SNS to restore here. You could, with probably the same effort, mod Glover to read and write the RAM in specific ways and then call it Stop N Swop.

User Tag List