Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 26th October 2021, 07:04 AM
Chasing Childhood

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Finally managed to kill Hades in Hades. It took me twenty attempts. I did it with Varatha and some boons from Aphrodite and Ares (the one that inflicts Weak when you dash and Doom when you attack; I forget what they're called). I felt like a certified Pro Gamer.

Now to do it nine more times!
OMG you are giving me Binding of Isaac flashbacks. My university roomies were obsessed with Afterbirth/Rebirth etc. and all the hidden challenges just seemed so over the top grindy.

That being said I did finish Spelunky HD soooo.

My partner is off with her other partner while I dogsit the world's most annoying pomerarian. Just about to start Yakuza 4 to see what that one is all about.

They/Them

Old 26th October 2021, 05:54 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
code veronica

Old 26th October 2021, 07:00 PM
🌙

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity INFECTED - B1K1 
sapphire randomizer and bejeweled 3 - it's time to play real video games i think.
(the poker mode in bejeweled 3 is fun though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
code veronica
aw shit how are you enjoying it
ala's lil bro gave us the dreamcast version a couple months ago and i've been curious to try it out. the ps2 version is my only frame of reference (shouts out to the 3-in-1 "essential" bundle with re4 and outbreak)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
what i want to play is the canceled Wii sequel to Pilotwings
seconding this so hard.

Old 27th October 2021, 02:07 AM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I played a lot of sudoku. I don't know how many total, but I know I did 30 for a Halloween event on the app I use, and then 9 more to unlock a cherry blossom theme, with many more on top of that. And that was all this week.

Old 28th October 2021, 07:03 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
aw shit how are you enjoying it
ala's lil bro gave us the dreamcast version a couple months ago and i've been curious to try it out. the ps2 version is my only frame of reference (shouts out to the 3-in-1 "essential" bundle with re4 and outbreak)
there are some neat ideas but i think the full 3d presentation ultimately hurts it and makes it feel more like one of those janky dreamcast re ripoffs than a proper re game and the way they use camera angles makes sure it has the same issues of some stuff just being really hard to see that the prerendered backgrounds had, and the two disc structure is a really big failing if you aren't someone who wants the regular short replayable structure of the first few re games stretched out into twice the length with much more obtuse and pointlessly large areas and puzzles.

i'm a bit of the way into chris' section and like, i'm not sure it was necessary to give you a full island the size of a single psx re game, and then throw you into another area the size of the final lab area of an old re game, with yet another really tanky boss fight... and then throw you back onto the island with chris for the last 1/3, where you have to retrace all of the steps you took as claire and where they backloaded all of the rest of the boss fights lol

on the other hand it's hilarious that it's simultaneously the one classic resident evil that really pushes you to conserve ammo, but also the one where knifing is the easiest because it's so easy to trip zombies by just slicing their feet

Old 28th October 2021, 04:40 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

also playing a bit of the saturn port of castlevania symphony of the night. they placed the entrance to one of the new areas in marble gallery and all of the enemies in it give you 4x the experience of any of the enemies in marble gallery

Old 28th October 2021, 11:16 PM
Formerly Chilli

Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Played some Pikmin Bloom today before it gets too cold to walk - level 6 so far and just sent my Pikmin out on an expedition for some lemons from the local park. Don't see anyone else planting flowers in my town yet, although at least that means they wont follow me to my house...like the scumbag Valor/Instinct cheaters of PoGo already have .

Old 30th October 2021, 08:31 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

finished code veronica earlier today. the puzzle design gets mega obnoxious towards the end

played through D tonight. it's fun if you want the 90s video game equivalent of a slightly experimental horror b-movie

Old 30th October 2021, 07:52 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I picked up the new Mario Party. The online gameplay is pretty good! If you all would want to play a game, let me know.

Old 30th October 2021, 08:42 PM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I don't have it yet but I will soon and will let you know!

Old 1st November 2021, 01:08 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Old 2nd November 2021, 11:12 PM
Chasing Childhood

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
My partner didn't play games as much as myself or my metamour did growing up cause yay gender roles. But I picked up Mario Party last night, since she enjoyed Super Mario Party. After a couple of dud minigames to start, the game started to click and become the frantic barrel of laughs that I know Mario Party to be. My favorite derp moment was getting a Custom Block and spending about 90 seconds deciding where the best spot to go was (10 moves to a lucky space). After saying that's what I wanted to do I got impatient and mashed the button too much and moved 5 spaces ;__;

They/Them

Last edited by Mr/Sir Norris; 3rd November 2021 at 07:42 PM.

Old 3rd November 2021, 03:35 AM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I finished Metroid Dread a few weeks ago. I liked it a lot!

I started a new file in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia since I guess I never finished it. I started exploring Dracula's Castle last night.

Old 6th November 2021, 12:48 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

tried playing dino crisis. there are some neat ideas but overall it kinda shows where a lot of code veronica's biggest issues come in, though the worst part is just how little environmental variety it has. it shows how important the constantly changing environments in resident evil are when dino crisis' setting means almost all of what you're ever seeing at any point in time are blocky grey rooms and corridors, there's nothing fun to draw your eyes in so i regularly miss important items just because nothing sticks out that much. dunno if i'll finish it

Old 6th November 2021, 02:00 AM
Formerly Chilli

Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
My Island has needed SO much work, I spent a few hours just deflowering it from how much they've spread over the past year. I never even had max bridges cause I was indecisive about where to place the final 2-3. Gonna make some custom textures and make a mushroom forest next now that they're finally allowing the recipes to drop from almost every balloon.

User Tag List