Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 20th August 2011, 08:31 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
Viva PiƱata TiP Mastery 
1. Conker is the second best game ever (after Banjo-Kazooie, of course), and if you like Banjo, you can't hate Conker. Bad Fur Day (or Live & Reloaded) is probably much similar to Banjo than how much Nuts & Bolts is. So, if you're a Banjo fan, you'll probably like more Conker than N&B.

2. In the Banjo-Tooie XBLA it says to wait "other 8 years", and the game was made when Rare was already working on f***** natal/kinect. But don't expect Banjo-Threeie though Rare never keep their promises.

3. Welcome to RareWitchProject.

4. I agree with you, it's a shame how Nintendo refused to permise Micro$oft/Rare to put Goldeneye on XBLA but published it on Wii.

5. Yes, I was scared from Snacker as kid. Didn't someone already make a thread about that? I replied to it some minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WksRQAmNqbA

Last edited by Walecs; 20th August 2011 at 08:41 AM.

Old 20th August 2011, 09:38 AM
Glowbo

welcome to RWP, the place I visit because I don't know why.

Anyway, If you want to be a good member, then here is a tip for you:
-Don't write posts about stupid thing Other people might like, write about things You like! That way you might find somebody with the same interests and everybody will be happy.
-Also, try not to say "Thaanks" or something like that everytime someones being slightly polite to you, because it sound stupid.
-Lastly, http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/1...ie-engine-v-10 Herp derp.

Old 20th August 2011, 04:54 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 4
Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gobi View Post
Read through this thread.

Is this guy blatantly stupid or is it just me?

Welcome to TheRwp.

I reckon your twelve-sixteen years of age.

This has been King Gobi with the weather.

PS. Gamemaker is not a way to program. So don't say you know how to. IMO.
I see you can spell now, Gobi. That's a nice change. You've almost mastered the period, too! And there was even a question mark in there somewhere, how exotic! I feel sure that your first commas are just around the corner, don't give up!

Welcome to the RWP, GoldenJiggies!

Your optimism is refreshing, but very misguided. Stick around, you seem fun, but no one here is kissing Rare's ass like we used to be, we're not into shit sports games.

Old 20th August 2011, 05:47 PM
Artist Of The Year '09 - '10

INFECTED - B1K1 
Wow things must be really boring around here if you guys are constantly feeding this guy's thread. The more everyone responds, the longer he/she'll keep talking.

Old 20th August 2011, 05:57 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 4
Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I don't have a problem with that.

Old 20th August 2011, 06:00 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
If Rare ever makes another Banjo game, they should totally call it "Banjo-Fourie." The anger of the fan-base would be hilarious.

Old 20th August 2011, 06:29 PM
Glowbo

If they make a new Banjo title, the name should be ''Banjo-Threeie: It'll Ruin Your Childhood''. That way, fans will know what they're in for.

Old 20th August 2011, 06:57 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smouvy View Post
I disagree. I think that, out of all the four DKC games, this one is the weakest. Which is not to say that it is a bad game, it's just not as superb and mindblowing as the previous installments. I felt like the game relied to much on artificial difficulty in that it's basically impossible to clear a lot of the levels unless you know the layout. This with i.e. big spiky deathtraps falling from above without warning that you would only know of if you had been killed by that thing before.

This may be partially nostalgia speaking though. I just didn't enjoy it as much as the other installments. Again, that's not to say that I didn't enjoy it at all.
DKCR is very far from a trial and error/memorization affair. It's consistent with the series in terms of difficulty. In the first Donkey Kong Country there were levels that had you dodging oncoming obstacles in a split-second. If you had good reflexes and good hand-eye coordination, you were fine. Also, I can only think of one level where "big spiky deathtraps" are "falling from above", and it's in the prehistoric world, and they give you about two seconds notice before they're going to fall. Some clever obstacles are designed around the timing in that level.

Or you might be referring to the ridiculously hard Golden Temple levels, more specifically the one with the purple spikes everywhere. You could make an argument about memorization here, but in the end it really comes down to how good you are at reacting to tricky platforming.

Old 20th August 2011, 10:04 PM
Von Kriplespac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
I'm sorry, but Donkey Kong Country Returns is a masterpiece, hands down the best Donkey Kong game since DKC2 in '95. You must have played it wrong.
DKC3 was great what are you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJinjo View Post
I'm sorry, but Majora's Mask is a masterpiece, hands down the best Zelda game since ALttP. You must have played it wrong.
BURN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJiggies View Post
@DarkJinjo

Are you mocking Majora's Mask, or are you serious, 'cus that's my favorite Zelda game My brother says it's stupid because it's too short and it doesnt have Ganon in it. Maybe OoT is too long, I never beat it. I got bored as soon as I became adult Link, had no idea of what to do, and half of my items bacame useless.
Stop Noob Toobing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatman3388 View Post
Time to dissect quotes!

Minecraft is in the games list because we have a Minecraft server. Portal 2 is/was in the games list because it is relevant and many forumers play it. This forum is much less about Rare than you think it is now.

Nintendo didn't "legally steal" anything. That's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard. Donkey Kong was always Nintendo's property. Remember the first Mario game ever? Remember who made it? Yeah, Nintendo did. When Rare was under Nintendo, they said "We give you the rights to DK for this game: make a game with him in it. We retain rights to him after your game is done." And that's what happened.

Nintendo owns DK, so it's still their game. Just because Rare didn't make it, doesn't mean that it isn't an "actual DK game" or something. Putting "returns" in quotes just makes it seem like you're denying the truth.

If you spent any time on the Rare scribes or read the gigantic "Oh My God (Scribes)" thread, you'd see why BK3 will never be put into production and why it isn't in production right this moment. There's no big secret anymore - it's simply not being made.

You're one to talk.
BURN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJiggies View Post
@Dylan Yoshi

Lol, is that edited, or does it atcually say that? Oh, and I will never play DKC"R" or the Goldeneye007 remake (or anything endorsed by Nintendo released afterwards) because Rare created both of the original games/series and Nintendo just thinks they can just do so and give Rare no credit for making DK popular or making the "#1 shooter of all time" as some would say, I wouldn't know because I don't play shooters, but that doesn't matter, the ley point is... HOW MUCH LONGER 'TILL THREEIE!? Why else would Banjo be the only character in the background on the Games page of Rare's site other than xbox avatars in kinect sports?

@greatman3388

I don't really care how many people tell me "Threeie isn't coming" I'll be on my deathbed still waiting. and I know Nintendo has the rights to make a DK game, I just don't see how Rare makes DK a worldwide hit with DKC and Nintendo goes makes a sequel to it with absolutely no credit to Rare (along with the 007 remake at the same exact time) and I'm not supposed to boycott and hate them for it... ya, ok... *eye roll*
Yeah... Miyamoto created DK in the 1980s. Rare worked for Nintendo. Rare never owned any of the games they made with Nintendo characters. And don't say Diddy Kong Racing because just about all those characters are Rare. And Goldeneye? Neither Nintendo nor Rare owns Goldeneye. Goldeneye is a movie game from the James Bond series. Ian Flemming owns the rights to James Bond.
Digimon Adventure 01 was probably one of the best things I'd ever seen. I even saw it through to the end. Then 02 came and messed everything up. Why did they have to change everything? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Old 20th August 2011, 10:10 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKGeno4Ever View Post
DKC3 was great what are you talking about?
No no, I love DKC3. It's a kickass awesome game. But I like them like this...
  1. DKC2
  2. DKCR
  3. DKC and DKC3 (tie)
By the way, Medium Rare, I like your user name.

Old 20th August 2011, 10:14 PM
Von Kriplespac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
No no, I love DKC3. It's a kickass awesome game. But I like them like this...
  1. DKC2
  2. DKCR
  3. DKC and DKC3 (tie)
By the way, Medium Rare, I like your user name.
Dang DKCR was that good? Go figure.
Digimon Adventure 01 was probably one of the best things I'd ever seen. I even saw it through to the end. Then 02 came and messed everything up. Why did they have to change everything? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Old 20th August 2011, 11:45 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
My top 4 would have to be:

1) DKC2
2) DKC3
3) DKC
4) DKCR

Which is not to say that the last place equals a bad game, just... not as good imo.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 21st August 2011, 12:37 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 9
INFECTED - B2K1 Thread Starter Bashful Imagination Game On 
Okay welcome, first of all:
Rare is dead, expect nothing from them except for generic sport games.
Frankieforever is the forum clown. Ignore everything he says and does.
It's actually called the Rare Witch Project.
The cake is a lie.
Remember that and we can all get along.

Old 21st August 2011, 01:26 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smouvy View Post
My top 4 would have to be:

1) DKC2
2) DKC3
3) DKC
4) DKCR

Which is not to say that the last place equals a bad game, just... not as good imo.
As the forum's resident Captain Nostalgia, I feel qualified to tell you that DKCR is at the bottom strictly because of nostalgia.

Old 21st August 2011, 01:57 AM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

INFECTED - B1K1 
i ****in hate optimism rare is dead stfu kid

Tags
banjo, kinect, nintendo, rare, sonic

User Tag List