Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 7th April 2013, 03:32 PM
Emergency Medical Hologram

Total Awards: 9
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Jinjo View Post
Haha, well you're in luck, because I'm pretty confident it will be one of those .

I was pretty disappointed with the first Mario Galaxy, but loved the second. Nintendo mentioned that they were able to make SMG2 more difficult, because people were warmed up to the franchise by the first one. I hope that if the next Mario game is part of a new set (NOT Mario Galaxy 3), that they don't go into it with the mentality of "We have to make the game easier to bring everybody up to speed with this installment."
I still haven't gotten around to playing SMG2 but I'm glad to hear they made it more difficult. As long as they present a challenge and bring something new, like FLUDD or the gravity mechanic, I'll be content.

Old 7th April 2013, 06:10 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Jinjo View Post
Haha, well you're in luck, because I'm pretty confident it will be one of those .

I was pretty disappointed with the first Mario Galaxy, but loved the second. Nintendo mentioned that they were able to make SMG2 more difficult, because people were warmed up to the franchise by the first one. I hope that if the next Mario game is part of a new set (NOT Mario Galaxy 3), that they don't go into it with the mentality of "We have to make the game easier to bring everybody up to speed with this installment."
I'm absolutely not dissapointed with SMG1, it's the 2nd best Mario game in my opinion, I love the story too. SMG2's story is too simple in my opinion. I like SMG1 much more than SMG2. I don't get why everyone think SMG2 is so much better.

Old 7th April 2013, 08:48 PM
Hello Sadness

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by presstartoplay View Post
I don't get why everyone think SMG2 is so much better.
Well, for me I found it was just a bit more polished and refined, the increased challenge made me feel like I'd accomplished and earned victory when I finished levels, I really liked how every level seemed to bring in a new idea or way of getting to the end that wouldn't (or rarely) get repeated, I think I prefered the music, the cloud suit give Mario a cool scarf, Yoshi etc.

But these are minor things and I really adore both games.

Old 8th April 2013, 12:44 AM

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Super Mario 3D Land was legit.

I want another game like that

Old 8th April 2013, 01:27 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Whatever it is, I really hope it's not a Super Mario 3D Land reboot. I got it for Christmas a couple years back, and it was meh..

A sequel to SM64 or SMS would be awesome..

Old 8th April 2013, 01:38 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
I don't get why everyone think SMG2 is so much better.
In my eyes they're about the same in terms of quality, maybe the 2nd being a smidgen better because of its slightly enhanced difficulty. Nothing was terribly different or more spectacular between the two, though.

Old 8th April 2013, 06:07 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva PiƱata TiP Mastery 
Quote:
I'm absolutely not dissapointed with SMG1, it's the 2nd best Mario game in my opinion, I love the story too. SMG2's story is too simple in my opinion. I like SMG1 much more than SMG2. I don't get why everyone think SMG2 is so much better.
My big problem with the first Mario Galaxy is that I could have beaten it in a comatose state. I feel like a small child could accidentally happen upon SMG and successfully navigate through it. Maybe it's just me, but I find it difficult to completely submerge myself in a game when I am droning through it mindlessly.

Old 8th April 2013, 06:20 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Mech View Post
In my eyes they're about the same in terms of quality, maybe the 2nd being a smidgen better because of its slightly enhanced difficulty. Nothing was terribly different or more spectacular between the two, though.
The thing about Super Mario Galaxy 2 is that concepts that could hold together other entire games are footnotes in its expertly designed levels. It tuned the initial novelty of the first game into pure quality level after level. If Super Mario Galaxy 2 was released first, it would've had the initial novelty of the space/gravity stuff as well as platforming par excellence to its credit. If the original SMG came next it would fall off the map. I've held the contention for a while now that gaming has been spoiled by Mario games. When people go on about bad Mario games, they don't know what they're talking about. I've played some bad games in my day sonny, not one of them starred Mario

not being payed by Nintendo, I swear

Tags
mario, nintendo, platform, platformer, wii

User Tag List