Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 18th April 2008, 01:33 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Ike owns, he's better than Roy, I could kill three level 9 Roys with him.

Wario sucks IMO, I can't win anything with him, although I LOVE using his motorcycle

Old 18th April 2008, 01:54 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
When R.O.B. was announced, I decided "Oh, he'll just be another 'WTF' character like game and watch was in Melee." But his part in SSE tugged my heartstrings (You have to feel sorry for the poor guy after - *shuts up*), and he turned out to be very fun to use!

Meta is also fun, and I was looking forward to his being in the game - despite the fact that it's very hard for me to KO people with him, his speed and swordplay go unmatched. (I hate his voice and in-game personality, though. I WANT MY NICE SPANISH META BACK.)

Old 18th April 2008, 02:00 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I didn't think Pit was gonna be good, but he is. I still hate his guts though since he didn't deserve to be in.

Old 18th April 2008, 02:46 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva PiƱata TiP Mastery 
Everyone made Metaknight out to be a God, but he isn't that great.

I had hopes for Pit, but he's pretty bad.

In the long run, Sonic is bad too. That is disappointing.

ROB is awkward, but he is actually a good character.

Old 18th April 2008, 04:38 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by =donkey-banjo= View Post

Wario sucks IMO, I can't win anything with him, although I LOVE using his motorcycle
....... wario is actually pretty good........ (watches as Gruntling turns green) *pst DB pst* i would run dude

Quote:
Link pwns, his smash attack got a lot better, you can actually use him. Last game, you had to time his smash attack and use the second part of it to ever KO anyone. Very annoying, but glad its been removed.

I love Snake: he's heavy, slow, and without a good quick smash move, but used correctly, he can be invincible. I'm gettin' pretty good with him.

I like Lucas, he pwns.

And what are you talking about Pokemon Trainer is weak? He's incredible! You have one of each type of character that you can switch between. One fast but low power (Squirtle), one balanced (Ivysaur), and one slow but high power (Charizard). I never lose with him use whoever you want I'll own ya with PT.

Squirtle is the best of the three but he gets tired and has no range.
Ivysaur i have one word. EDGEHOGGING
Charizard = 7th fastest runner 30th fastest walker
he was the biggest let done of all time. I mean he is ****ING CHARIZARD and he sucks dude. DeDeDe and Snake are much better heavy weights.

Snake could be a top tier character but I have found his Fair too laggy and his Dair too weak. (only the last kick has any priority or knockback)

Link is still one of the worst characters in Smash. Always has and always will. he is even slower than before.

Last edited by ElectricKaz; 18th April 2008 at 04:47 AM.

Old 18th April 2008, 04:57 AM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:

The main difference between Ike and Roy is that Ike CAN be good, whereas Roy sucks so bad in comparison to Marth that he's worthless. However, they're both n00b characters whether you like it or not.

And Wario is awesome.

Quote:
(I hate his voice and in-game personality, though. I WANT MY NICE SPANISH META BACK.)
What the hell. Senor Meta Knight was cheesy. He was barely cool in the anime at all. They were smart to make him a deep, cool, voice this time.

Quote:
Everyone made Metaknight out to be a God, but he isn't that great.
Yeah, Meta Knight is most definitely not as good as I expected.

Old 18th April 2008, 10:32 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Link pwns, his smash attack got a lot better, you can actually use him. Last game, you had to time his smash attack and use the second part of it to ever KO anyone. Very annoying, but glad its been removed.
i think you mean young link- im pretty sure link didn't have that problem

Quote:
Link is still one of the worst characters in Smash. Always has and always will. he is even slower than before.
If u mean old link, i sort of agree he is too slow, but he isn't the worst- i reckon yoshi is the worst(except for when u swallow and enemy and turn them into a egg at the edge of a level)

If u mean young link, you are out of your mind!!! i can beat ALL of my friends with him and AND beat classic/all star mode on very hard with him. Young link pwns!!!

Quote:
And what are you talking about Pokemon Trainer is weak? He's incredible! You have one of each type of character that you can switch between. One fast but low power (Squirtle), one balanced (Ivysaur), and one slow but high power (Charizard). I never lose with him use whoever you want I'll own ya with PT.
Dosn't that make the ultimate n00b character/ people who can't decide what kind of player they are. Mind you, ii don't have brawl (aint out in AUS) so i can't say too much

Last edited by Strandomguy; 18th April 2008 at 10:37 AM.

Old 20th April 2008, 11:59 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Sonic. I just thought he was the new Fox. I don't like Fox, but Sonic turned out to be my new 2nd main. (Second to Toon Link)

Old 21st April 2008, 12:56 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strandomguy View Post
i think you mean young link- im pretty sure link didn't have that problem

If u mean old link, i sort of agree he is too slow, but he isn't the worst- i reckon yoshi is the worst(except for when u swallow and enemy and turn them into a egg at the edge of a level)

If u mean young link, you are out of your mind!!! i can beat ALL of my friends with him and AND beat classic/all star mode on very hard with him. Young link pwns!!!

Dosn't that make the ultimate n00b character/ people who can't decide what kind of player they are. Mind you, ii don't have brawl (aint out in AUS) so i can't say too much
I was talking about Link (adult Link), is too slow or he isn't able to jump high enough. so he sucks in my opinion

Toon link is much better than Young Link
also beating all star mode (even very hard or insane) isn't quite an accomplishment (you can always just hit continue)

I am a little confused about ur "view" of a noob character. Because that isn't the traditional idea. A noob character is a cheap character than anyone can pick up because of an extreme either in power or speed. then people who aren't that very good believe they are awesome because they can kill an awesome player. when in fact, that character is very limited in elite matches.

For Example: Ike - very strong with decent range but VERY predictable moveset

Example #2 - Meta Knight - very fast and great recovery but no knockback and difficult to kill people unless u know how to meteor smash or juggle

Sonic could also fit here. he is extremely fast and a good recovery but lack any good killers. his best ones are... Smash A, BAir, UAir, D Smash(if ur luck to hit the sweetspot), and of course my signature move :-D

Last edited by ElectricKaz; 21st April 2008 at 01:01 AM.

Old 21st April 2008, 12:22 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricKaz View Post
I was talking about Link (adult Link), is too slow or he isn't able to jump high enough. so he sucks in my opinion

Toon link is much better than Young Link
also beating all star mode (even very hard or insane) isn't quite an accomplishment (you can always just hit continue)

I am a little confused about ur "view" of a noob character. Because that isn't the traditional idea. A noob character is a cheap character than anyone can pick up because of an extreme either in power or speed. then people who aren't that very good believe they are awesome because they can kill an awesome player. when in fact, that character is very limited in elite matches.

yeah i agree older link does suck

while yes beating all star mode isn't an accomplishment, i just mentioned it as it is hard to show how good you are in forums (you really need to show people that kind of stuff)

i am sorry i was wrong about the noob character. what i meant to say is a character for people who are indecicive. however, i do not have the game so i cannot say too much about the poketrainer.

Old 21st April 2008, 04:36 PM
Formerly Nintendo_Fan128

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Wario is awesome! I love ALL of his attacks (except for his down Smash...)

Old 21st April 2008, 11:44 PM
Brash Breegull

dude i love his down smash :-)

Old 22nd April 2008, 01:00 PM
Formerly Nintendo_Fan128

INFECTED - B1K1 
It's weak and lasts way too long, leaving he open

Old 22nd April 2008, 10:54 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
I was hyped about Snake, but he turned out to be very awkward. His smash attacks are too damn weird, but his forward-A combo has such excellent knockback that it pretty much makes up for it. I'm satisfied with Sonic and he's become my second main after my old standby, Captain Falcon. ROB I haven't really used a whole lot, Olimar is cheap, and King Dedede is tremendously inept. I'm satisfied about everyone else, pretty much. I even feel that Ganondorf's moves seem more original.

But man, did they power down Peach's second jump!

Tags
brawl, smash, smash bros., smash bros. brawl, ssbb, super smash bros.

User Tag List