Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 9th March 2008, 01:10 AM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm gonna wake up, have a nice hearty breakfast. Pick up a friend, drive to Gamestop, buy Brawl, play some Guitar Hero II, then play Brawl.

That's my day tomorrow.

Old 9th March 2008, 05:02 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I NOW OFFICIALLY HAVE MY COPY

Old 9th March 2008, 06:57 AM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
I got mine at midnight at GameStop. There were tons of people there, and there was a countdown one minute from midnight. BUT I LOVE THIS GAME. I spent over an hour messing around with the extra features like music and trophies and stuff, heh. There's just so much in it...

Old 9th March 2008, 07:07 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98 View Post
I NOW OFFICIALLY HAVE MY COPY
I NOW OFFICIALLY HATE YOU

9 hours left... <_<

Old 9th March 2008, 07:34 AM
Glowbo

Damn. I wish I had a Wii. My friend is buying the game and I might as well rent a room at his house, cause I'm gonna be over at his house as long as I possibly can.

Old 9th March 2008, 08:53 AM
Formerly Nintendo_Fan128

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Yes! YES! IT'S OUT!!! Now, to wait the stores here in Brazil to start selling it o_o

Old 9th March 2008, 06:47 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Man this is a darn shame. So I got Brawl last night, played it for about an hour, then my eardrum ruptured and that hurt like a mother trucker so I went to bed since I don't believe in pain meds. So I was woken up this morning to the doorbell ringing. So I answer the door to see my friend needing to borrow my Wii so he can play Brawl.

You see these guys thought, "Hey, let's get Brawl." Which would be a good idea if they actually owned a Wii, or would be owning one in a period earlier than 10 months from now. But no they decided to get the go ahead and buy it the day they came out. There were so many other people closer to them they could've borrowed a Wii from, and it would have been better if they have because those other Wii owners don't have Brawl, so they could actually have a chance to play it. Heck I even suggested he could go over to to their houses but he either didn't hear it or ignored me.

It's not like he didn't invite me over or anything, they're not that rude, but unfortunately I've recently come down with something or another so unless I want to go and infect their everything with myself, I'm stuck here with my day's plans killed.

So that's my Brawl angst for today.

As for the hour I did play it, it was great. Got to play the first 5% of the story mode, and lemme tell ya it really is a blast and a half. I only played it with the GCN controller and it worked out great, but I don't know what the controls are like with the Wiimote. I haven't played a Smash Bros game in about 2 years or more so I was a tad bit rusty, but even on Hard I still didn't have too much trouble. So the difficulty levels are a little kind.

Old 9th March 2008, 08:16 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Wish upon a falling Luigi...

Youch. Hammer'd.

Having fun with the ability to take screenshots at any given moment

Old 9th March 2008, 08:18 PM
Emergency Medical Hologram

Total Awards: 9
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
I've always paused on 1337 pictures in Melee and not been able to save them... but this will all change!

Old 9th March 2008, 09:00 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Hey! Hey! Hey, you guys! Guess what I got in my hand?

...is it a Wii? YES! Is it a SSBB copy? ALSO YES! After I get it all up and running, I'll hit the "friend code" thread.

First SSBB comment: in the instruction manual, Zelda is referred to as the queen of Hyrule. WTF!?

Last edited by Mandolin; 9th March 2008 at 09:04 PM.

Old 9th March 2008, 09:37 PM
Funk Soul Brother

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Got my copy just now.

Didn't even reserve it or anything. :3

Old 9th March 2008, 09:47 PM
Ph.D

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Just got back from a three-and-a-half hour long Brawl party, held by one of my friends who was lucky enough to get the game. Brawl is probably the best game I've ever played in my life. Ever.

Now, all I have to do is purchase a Wii and my own copy of the game......

Old 9th March 2008, 10:40 PM
King Jingaling

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Got it.

It's awesome.

Old 9th March 2008, 11:09 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
My parents wouldn't let me get it because I bought Galaxy about a week before Christmas. I am saddened. I think I'm getting it for my birthday... in July.

Old 10th March 2008, 09:39 AM
New Member of the Year ('07 - '08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbull View Post
Man this is a darn shame. So I got Brawl last night, played it for about an hour, then my eardrum ruptured and that hurt like a mother trucker so I went to bed since I don't believe in pain meds. So I was woken up this morning to the doorbell ringing. So I answer the door to see my friend needing to borrow my Wii so he can play Brawl.

You see these guys thought, "Hey, let's get Brawl." Which would be a good idea if they actually owned a Wii, or would be owning one in a period earlier than 10 months from now. But no they decided to get the go ahead and buy it the day they came out. There were so many other people closer to them they could've borrowed a Wii from, and it would have been better if they have because those other Wii owners don't have Brawl, so they could actually have a chance to play it. Heck I even suggested he could go over to to their houses but he either didn't hear it or ignored me.

It's not like he didn't invite me over or anything, they're not that rude, but unfortunately I've recently come down with something or another so unless I want to go and infect their everything with myself, I'm stuck here with my day's plans killed.

So that's my Brawl angst for today.

As for the hour I did play it, it was great. Got to play the first 5% of the story mode, and lemme tell ya it really is a blast and a half. I only played it with the GCN controller and it worked out great, but I don't know what the controls are like with the Wiimote. I haven't played a Smash Bros game in about 2 years or more so I was a tad bit rusty, but even on Hard I still didn't have too much trouble. So the difficulty levels are a little kind.
That sucks... Your ear drum ruptured? Jesus. Do you believe in faith healing or something? Because I'm not sure what's not to believe in with pain meds.

Anywho, no stores near me have any Wiis, so I can't possibly hope to play Brawl until at least March when Nintendo's fiscal year is up or whatever, at which time they'll probably send out more Wiis. That's probably a load, but it doesn't look like I have any choice unless I want to buy a Wii online for 350 bucks plus S & H.

Tags
landmaster, smash bros., subspace emissary, super smash bros., super smash bros. brawl

User Tag List