Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 17th September 2008, 06:23 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
didn't he hate Conker with a passion?
Somebody, please show me or quote an article or interview or anything that outright says he "hates" Conker. I'd love to see it, and until I do I'm not sure I believe it.

The premise they had for the game is something I would kill to see realized. I was a bit disappointed in Rare for awhile, but this just reminded me why I love them so much.

Last edited by B-R-E-T; 17th September 2008 at 06:26 AM.

Old 17th September 2008, 08:42 AM
Hello Sadness

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
please, please make this....

Old 17th September 2008, 09:45 AM
Glowbo

Probably it's not that MS doesn't want a Conker game. After all, Seavor himself once said that he'd prefer to work on something new rather than a direct sequel to Conker. According to the rumours from Raretopia in 2002, ODB was already in development, but it was later canceled. In fact, Microsoft trademarked the name of the game, so it's not like it wasn't known either, I think.

After Rare was bought by Microsoft, Rare worked on a Conker remake, so we can't say that Microsoft doesn't want a Conker game anyway. Yeah, well, the Xbox version of Conker was a bit 'censored' (let's say it in that way), but I don't think that MS had anything to do with the cancelation of the other Conker project. Rare had to deal with PDZ, Viva Piñata and Banjo 3, all made by huge teams and major AAA titles for the company; and also they had to finish Kameo for Xbox/X360. That's a huge amount of work.

All I can say is that it would be fine to play a Conker sequel, and I hope we get it someday in the future; so I hope MS starts asking for it soon.

Last edited by Xmooth; 17th September 2008 at 10:31 AM.

Old 18th September 2008, 02:52 AM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Conker View Post
Maybe Chris isn't obsessed with Conker and wants to try other stuff, but if he was tasked with making a sequel, he'd do it. I'm so confused:

1) (from what I've gathered from the article) Chris doesn't hate Conker, and if he didn't, why did he never bother to correct that misconception?

2) WHY was it canceled!?

3) Is it still alive? I mean, we got some very specific details (ex. the title, the opening sequence and plot), so that gives the impression that the game's totally dead; however, because MundoRare could not tell us a lot of other details, I get the impression it's merely shelved while they work on another project. Which is it!?

4) Why is it we still don't have a picture of Chris Seavor? Stop hiding your face L! Kira will spare you for a Conker sequel! Chris!

1. maybe he hates conker as a character, like, maybe he likes the series, but disagrees with conker himself. i dunno, it seems plausible.

2. it was probably canceled because nintendo screwed up the marketing for conker (like it does with everything) and blamed the lack of sales on rare. then, of course, rare got sold, microsoft decided to scrap that project in favor of live and reloaded.

3. the project may have been scrapped for the time being, but from what ive heard, theres a new conker game on the horizon, so i wouldnt be surprised if this material gets recycled.

4. and maybe chris seavor is non-existent, maybe he is just a pseudonym for someone else...

Old 18th September 2008, 05:52 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
All Chris Seavor has ever said that could be taken as that he "hates" Conker was when he stated, quite some time ago, that if there was to be a sequel Conker would be killed at the begining of it. Now, does that mean he hates him? He already had Conker killed in the first game through Game Overs and vampires. He had Conker swim through liquid crap in the first game, does that mean he hates him?

Also cheers on Conker sequel. Hopefully it will happen some day.

Old 18th September 2008, 06:42 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwazin View Post
All Chris Seavor has ever said that could be taken as that he "hates" Conker was when he stated, quite some time ago, that if there was to be a sequel Conker would be killed at the begining of it. Now, does that mean he hates him? He already had Conker killed in the first game through Game Overs and vampires. He had Conker swim through liquid crap in the first game, does that mean he hates him?
Also cheers on Conker sequel. Hopefully it will happen some day.
Well...to be honest I would say yes

Old 18th September 2008, 07:17 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Well, if they really hated him they wouldn't have even bothered making the game in the first place, would they? Or bother remaking Conker swimming in poop for the Xbox. I think it's just as simple as that it's fun to see Conker suffer. It's fun to see him die multiple times. I'd laugh if I saw him get killed at the begining of a sequel. I don't think it has anything to do with hate really. It's more of a dark kind of humor.

Old 18th September 2008, 07:26 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
I think we are missing the point, WRITE SOME EMAILS TO MS MOTHARPHOCARS. We can make it.

Old 18th September 2008, 08:29 PM
Jinjo

I believe somewhere I read he hates him. Anyway the fans don't so who cares. We want Conker. I'll take that over this new BK anyday.

Old 23rd December 2008, 01:01 AM
Glowbo

Alright im confused ill tell you all why its because of this: Lets say if you were worried about a disappointing sequel you would **** your pants. Is that a good or bad thing

Old 23rd December 2008, 01:22 AM
On DKVine

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Wiki-Master Rarity Awesome Default Medal 
What?

Old 23rd December 2008, 12:20 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman12 View Post
Alright im confused ill tell you all why its because of this: Lets say if you were worried about a disappointing sequel you would **** your pants. Is that a good or bad thing
Let's say that they had an über-amazing plot

Old 23rd December 2008, 12:40 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
uber old bump :\

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 23rd December 2008, 12:52 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyme123 View Post
uber old bump :\
I know, but I was just answering qman12. Sorry, anyway...

Old 23rd December 2008, 06:44 PM
Glowbo

ok thanks

Tags
bad fur day, canceled, chris seavor, conker, microsoft, other bad day, rare

User Tag List