Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 5th April 2013, 08:43 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWhiteEye View Post
The indie games would like to have a word with you.
I'm not trying to say that I don't like games with bad graphics, I just don't think people from the new generation would buy it, because they so used to play games with good graphics, but I'm sure people from the 90s would buy it.

Old 5th April 2013, 08:43 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWhiteEye View Post
The indie games would like to have a word with you.
I'm not trying to say that I don't like games with bad graphics, I just don't think people from the new generation would buy it, because they so used to play games with good graphics, but I'm sure people from the 90s would buy it.

Old 5th April 2013, 04:42 PM
Glowbo

If it's going to be the main Mario 3D game for the WiiU you can expect it's going to be something completely new! Why would an ancient beta that won't make use of the new controller features be the main Mario game for the WiiU? It makes no sense... So you already KNOW you're going to be disappointed... And I won't even talk about graphics because it seems the "better" they get, in your vision graphics are getting "worse"... I'll just remind you that the WiiU is more powerful than the original Wii... So prepare to be disappointed in double because the graphics ARE going to be better... There's no reason for it not to be... The hardware is already there! The simple fact it is more powerful than the Wii, GCN and N64 is enough reason for you to never buy one... The maximum you can hope is that Nintendo releases their beta games...

Old 5th April 2013, 09:08 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiffgurl View Post
it must be nice to live a blissfully ignorant life where you've completely sold your integrity and individuality to a company whose only interest is making entertainment with mass appeal for a culture of closed-minded mainstream consumers

it's honestly completely pointless to even discuss this subject with you because it's impossible for you to even comprehend a single feeling or opinion that i could express

ps the wii u's graphics blow cock in comparison to what sony/ms's consoles will look like
Oh my... I was expecting you to be my enemy and it happened sooner than I expected... I am well aware that the WiiU hardware is already very weak compared to what sony and microsoft consoles will be and even compared to handhelds... Still I'm just trying to make sense here... From a realistic "heartless, capitalist, Eddy" point of view... It would make no sense to make what you want... Nintendo always makes a new Mario game based on the design of their "new gimmicky controller" sort of speaking... I was just saying that your dreams are way too absurd to ever come true... How is that "selling my integrity and individuality to a company"? I don't even like Nintendo, for me they're selling outdated cheap-ass hardware for a high price... The WiiU "AT LEAST" is more powerful than the original Wii but it's still crap... I know your feelings and the only reason why I commented here is because I hate those feelings of yours... You think that only someone who doesn't understand your feelings could say such things but you're wrong... It is because I understand that I hate those feelings... You're used to think that you're always right and that your enemies are always wrong... But this is not about right or wrong... We would be enemies anyway even if the world was still primitive with no companies, computers and etc... I just thought it was about time for me to stop being always butthurt and talk to my enemies...

Old 5th April 2013, 10:02 PM
Forever Mental

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I want a Mario game with legit story, and cutscenes. Maybe a playable character swap like SM64 DS had.

Old 6th April 2013, 12:14 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNN View Post
If it's going to be the main Mario 3D game for the WiiU you can expect it's going to be something completely new! Why would an ancient beta that won't make use of the new controller features be the main Mario game for the WiiU? It makes no sense...
Because it's not gimmicky and unnecessary? You already have a good platform to work with when talking about Mario 64. Innovation doesn't have to be fixated on how you control a game, but also the content of the game itself.

Quote:
And I won't even talk about graphics because it seems the "better" they get, in your vision graphics are getting "worse"...
I agree with this point-of-view - gamers are spoiled in the visual department and we treat most titles like garbage in this respect - but that's not terribly important or relevant here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiffgurl
it must be nice to live a blissfully ignorant life where you've completely sold your integrity and individuality to a company whose only interest is making entertainment with mass appeal for a culture of closed-minded mainstream consumers
I think what he was trying to say is that what you want will never happen (not like you didn't already know that) but he wrote it in such an arbitrary manner that you must have confused it for blatant favoritism towards Nintendo's current business practices.

Don't think I'm trying to avoid conflict or anything, though, this still makes you look like a massive prick.

Quote:
it's honestly completely pointless to even discuss this subject with you because it's impossible for you to even comprehend a single feeling or opinion that i could express
Well, I guess there's some truth in this statement, seeing as how you didn't even try to discuss it with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNN
From a realistic "heartless, capitalist, Eddy" point of view... It would make no sense to make what you want... Nintendo always makes a new Mario game based on the design of their "new gimmicky controller" sort of speaking... I was just saying that your dreams are way too absurd to ever come true...
"Absurd" is the wrong word; "wishful thinking" is more appropriate.

Also, as for that third sentence, Super Mario Sunshine didn't have any controller-based gimmicks, it was all in the gameplay formula. Same goes for Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, hell, even ****ing Super Mario Land 3D didn't do anything to the Mario formula based on controls, and if they did, it was very insignificant to the rest of the game.

Quote:
I know your feelings and the only reason why I commented here is because I hate those feelings of yours... You think that only someone who doesn't understand your feelings could say such things but you're wrong... It is because I understand that I hate those feelings...
Could've just said "I agree, but it will never happen, Nintendo is very formulaic with incorporating a new gimmick based on controller design with each succeeding Mario game" or something along the lines of that, instead of coming off as a confusing fanboy.

Last edited by Crystal Mech; 6th April 2013 at 04:48 AM.

Old 6th April 2013, 03:54 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:

ps the wii u's graphics blow cock in comparison to what sony/ms's consoles will look like
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

I KNEW YOU COULD GET YOUR HEAD UP YOUR OWN ASS SOMETIMES BUT HOLY SHIT

EVERY POST YOU'VE MADE IN THIS THREAD, DUDE

Seriously, I don't think I've seen anything like it. Literal lol on my part.

You've become a 90's kid caricature, man. Shit.

It'd be sad if it wasn't so funny.

Old 6th April 2013, 03:54 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

I KNEW YOU COULD GET YOUR HEAD UP YOUR OWN ASS SOMETIMES BUT HOLY SHIT

EVERY POST YOU'VE MADE IN THIS THREAD, DUDE

Seriously, I don't think I've seen anything like it. Literal lol on my part.

You've become a 90's kid caricature, man. Shit.

It'd be sad if it wasn't so funny.

Old 6th April 2013, 04:58 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Mech View Post
Because it's not gimmicky and unnecessary? You already have a good platform to work with when talking about Mario 64. Innovation doesn't have to be fixated on how you control a game, but also the content of the game itself.

I agree with this point-of-view - gamers are spoiled in the visual department and we treat most titles like garbage in this respect - but that's not terribly important or relevant here.

I think what he was trying to say is that what you want will never happen (not like you didn't already know that) but he wrote it in such an arbitrary manner that you must have confused it for blatant favoritism towards Nintendo's current business practices.

Well, I guess there's some truth in this statement, seeing as how you didn't even try to discuss it with him.

"Absurd" is the wrong word; "wishful thinking" is more appropriate.

Also, as for that third sentence, Super Mario Sunshine didn't have any controller-based gimmicks, it was all in the gameplay formula. Same goes for Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, hell, even ****ing Super Mario Land 3D didn't do anything to the Mario formula based on controls, and if they did, it was very insignificant to the rest of the game.

Could've just said "I agree, but it will never happen, Nintendo is very formulaic with incorporating a new gimmick based on controller design with each succeeding Mario game" or something along the lines of that, instead of coming off as a confusing fanboy.
Just to make things clear... I actually hate Nintendo's current business practices... I am not a nintendo fanboy, what I have is some kind of hatred against nostalgic, oldschool bigoted people... From a nostalgic person point of view they're superior "enlightened beings" with superior tastes and smarter than most people... That's exactly why Yiffgurl didn't want to argue against me because she wants to pretend to be "enlightened", "superior" and etc and also maybe because arguing is painful, it causes people to become anxious, unstable and things like that... I know I am horrible with arguments and I would always avoid arguing to preserve my image... But I grew tired of that... I wanted to show the world my flaws... To hate and to be hated... You see I even knew that I would end up making new enemies here... But maybe I wanted that... I'm tired of people always thinking that I am a nostalgic person because I actually like lots of old things... I still enjoy old games, old animations and etc... But this time I wanted to show myself as a "futile" person who cares about technical specs of hardwares, graphics, aesthetics and things like that... And be hated... Whatever... Thank you for giving me the chance to say this...

Old 6th April 2013, 05:16 AM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNN View Post
Just to make things clear... I actually hate Nintendo's current business practices... I am not a nintendo fanboy
Wait wait wait hold on stop right there. That's not what I was going on about. I wasn't labeling you as a Nintendo fanboy, but the way your message was written made it sound like you were, and that's why Yiffgurl (who is a man btw) posted what he did. He thought that you were accepting of Nintendo's supposed 'gimmicky Mario formula' because of the way you worded everything.

I'm not even going to quote the rest of what you said because that's basically what happened here. Just try not to over-complicate things next time.

Old 6th April 2013, 05:39 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Mech View Post
Wait wait wait hold on stop right there. That's not what I was going on about. I wasn't labeling you as a Nintendo fanboy, but the way your message was written made it sound like you were, and that's why Yiffgurl (who is a man btw) posted what he did. He thought that you were accepting of Nintendo's supposed 'gimmicky Mario formula' because of the way you worded everything.

I'm not even going to quote the rest of what you said because that's basically what happened here. Just try not to over-complicate things next time.
Ok...

Old 6th April 2013, 01:49 PM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by presstartoplay View Post
I hope it'll a Super Mario 64 2, Super Mario Sunshine 2, Super Mario Galaxy 3 or something new.
Haha, well you're in luck, because I'm pretty confident it will be one of those .

I was pretty disappointed with the first Mario Galaxy, but loved the second. Nintendo mentioned that they were able to make SMG2 more difficult, because people were warmed up to the franchise by the first one. I hope that if the next Mario game is part of a new set (NOT Mario Galaxy 3), that they don't go into it with the mentality of "We have to make the game easier to bring everybody up to speed with this installment."

Old 6th April 2013, 06:47 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
I know you're all hoping for Sony and Microsoft to bring about a huge technology leap with their next consoles, but realistically that isn't going to happen. They'll be slightly above WiiU power at the very best, anything more would drive the prices past the $400 range and they aren't going to take that risk. Don't even expect 60 frames per second.

Old 6th April 2013, 10:16 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 7
You're Appreciated! Imagination Game On Reminiscence Chatterbox 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
I know you're all hoping for Sony and Microsoft to bring about a huge technology leap with their next consoles, but realistically that isn't going to happen. They'll be slightly above WiiU power at the very best, anything more would drive the prices past the $400 range and they aren't going to take that risk. Don't even expect 60 frames per second.
I know that no one is going to purchase microsoft's new console after the new always-on connection rumors.

Blep!!

Old 6th April 2013, 11:16 PM
Hello Sadness

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
Kind of relevant, but I played New Super Mario Bros. WiiU yesterday, that game is too floaty for my liking. (I imagine I'd get used to the physics, but I just couldn't get over it) so next Mario game should basically, just not be that, let's tighten it up a bit. (maybe they could learn a thing or two from Super Meat Boy, idk)

Of course if it's a proper 3D Mario game, as long as it's fun as SMG, I don't really mind what they do.

Quote:
Also, as for that third sentence, Super Mario Sunshine didn't have any controller-based gimmicks, it was all in the gameplay formula.
Actually, FLUDD was designed to make use of the Gamecubes pressure based shoulder buttons. The harder you press the more powerful the water stream.

Last edited by Porky; 6th April 2013 at 11:20 PM.

Old 6th April 2013, 11:43 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
It could be Mario Galaxy 3 and I'll be happy. I just hope they do something really cool again, and not necessarily relying on the gravity thing, though it did make for some awesome levels.

Old 7th April 2013, 03:14 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
While it's true that Sony and Microsoft are not going to bring any huge leap in technology, they're just going to use the technology that is already currently being used, actually I think they won't even make use of the latest technology "22nm", they'll probably stay with "32nm" or maybe even "45nm"... , I must say that the WiiU actually is weak for today standards... Nintendo cares more about the controller than the console itself... They made the console itself cheaper just because of the tablet controller... Based on what I know about it, I can say that Sony and Microsoft consoles are probably going to be considerably more powerful and bigger than the WiiU not just "slightly above"... It's like a "DéjÃ* vu" of the 7th generation... Sony and Microsoft with huge consoles and Nintendo with a smaller console, only this time the difference is not as big as between the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360... You can see the WiiU is larger than the Wii... Now when it comes to "60 frames per second" I can say that it depends... Even the WiiU hardware can run a game with graphics like Half Life 2 with more than 100 frames per second... But not a game like Assassin's creed 3 at 100FPS or even 60FPS for example... So it depends... And no I'm not hoping for Sony and Microsoft to make consoles more powerful than the WiiU... I just think they probably will... And I'm not taking sides or defending my enemy Yiffgurl... I'm just attempting to predict a possible future...

Tags
mario, nintendo, platform, platformer, wii

User Tag List