Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 7th October 2019, 04:07 PM
#1 Tech Boy Siege

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I spent a couple hours playing No Man's Sky in VR last night. It's definitely more fun that way. There's something viscerally fun about aiming at the rocks to shoot them.

The only negatives are that base building is finicky with motion controls, and that turning smooth motion on to actually run around the world makes me sick.

Old 13th October 2019, 05:02 AM
Alakazam Alakazam is offline 3 Highscores
Explosion Infernale

Total Awards: 15
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
today i traded in a ton of garbage and bought a really nice off-brand PS3 controller (with the stick in the top-left!), LTTP/Pilotwings on SNES, and finished my first-party N64 game collection with the acquisition of NBA Courtside 2: Featuring Kobe Bryant

was actually going to pick up DKC2, but they didn't have it - still stoked to get LTTP though, since i'd never played it on original hardware before. i've also never beaten it, aside from a co-op run with someone from an entirely different life, and i'm already enjoying it way more than i ever have

nba courtside 2 is way better than the first one, i've always been looking for that go-to N64 basketball game and it might be the one

haven't tried pilotwings, but i've grown so fond of the 64 one (and the 3DS one!) that i'm excited to try it soon

i'm back to being able to play through castlevania 64 on hard mode in one sitting, so i've been doing that too, it's the best best best

playing lot of ptcg on game boy, built my ninetales deck irl too :3 but i'll post more about that in the tcg thread later!

my brother bought a vive so i'm probably gonna buy spicy wolf vr, can't wait x_x

VIDEO GAMES

forget about the hit or miss, our naivety was bliss

Old 13th October 2019, 04:21 PM
#1 Tech Boy Siege

Randomly started playing The Sims 4 yesterday and got hooked on it.

Charles Watanabe is a former football player turned criminal, who is trying to find his fortune through theft. Unfortunately for him, his girlfriend's career as a freelance writer totally outdoes him in income.

He's still in it for the thrill of the steal but he's reconsidering his life choices.

Old 14th October 2019, 04:30 PM
#1 Tech Boy Siege

Who Wants To Come To My Home And Play "Who Wants To Beat Up A Millionaire?" For The Sega Dreamcast?

Old 14th October 2019, 04:51 PM
Explosion Infernale

You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc@ry View Post
Who Wants To Come To My Home And Play "Who Wants To Beat Up A Millionaire?" For The Sega Dreamcast?
that's my favorite song by This Town Needs Guns

-

yesterday i went through the painstaking process of fixing my PS3's ability to play PS2 games, because as it turns out, the highly-touted SEN Enabler actually DISABLES your ability to play PS2 games. the reddit guide i followed to re-install cfw was horribly flawed, like it was three different guides squished together that i needed external research to comprehend, but GOD DAMN IT, it's all fixed and i'm now going to play a lot more chulip in the future

otherwise still just playin a lot of LTTP and GB Pokemon TCG
been on the fence about buying VR Spice & Wolf since i can finally play it, but idk if i can justify the $25 right now - we'll see!

Old 14th October 2019, 05:43 PM
#1 Tech Boy Siege

Does CFW let you play PS1/2 games without region lock? Because if so I think I'm finally ready to get on board with it. Could get rid of my modded PS1/2 then.

Old 14th October 2019, 06:30 PM
Explosion Infernale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc@ry View Post
Does CFW let you play PS1/2 games without region lock? Because if so I think I'm finally ready to get on board with it. Could get rid of my modded PS1/2 then.
i haven't tried burning any NTSC-J or PAL discs, but i've been able to play region-exclusives in the past via iso otherwise

i've been having slowdown issues with a few games, but i know it's possible to convert an iso into a PS2 Classic, so i'm gonna play around with that at some point and see if it helps (or if i can find any other solution, since i don't remember it ever being an issue in the past)

will update with further PS2 Adventures and let you know the verdict soon

Old 14th October 2019, 07:26 PM
Explosion Infernale

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Cl...atibility_List

looks like some games won't really work regardless, guess the modded PS2 is still the correct play

Old 14th October 2019, 09:51 PM
#1 Tech Boy Siege

I should probably just mod the PS2 and sell the PS1 then. It just would have been nice to have a one-stop shop PS1-3

I have an actual PS2-compatible PS3 but the video card on it is busted.

Old 14th October 2019, 10:04 PM
Explosion Infernale

man, i've thought a lot lately about how most of the launch-era ones must be breaking down by now, it's really a shame

Old 14th October 2019, 10:51 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
So I played 2 rounds of Fortnite yesterday because I wanted to visit the returned Prison before it disappeared, and boy did it disappear. This black hole thing is wild.

Old 14th October 2019, 11:17 PM
Mercury Star Power! Make-up!

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
i've been slowly trying to work through my Switch backlog.- I finished Yoshi's Crafted World the other day- not 100% but I did find all the hidden flowers in each level as well as all the Poochy Pups under the respective time limits. Finished the four secret levels as well with all flowers. It was a solid game. I also finished Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It was fun! Symphony of the Night in everything but name.

Now I'm trying to finish the Crash trilogy- I already finished the first game so I'm about halfway through 2. After 3 maybe I'll go back and finish Xenoblade Chronicles 2...

Last edited by Zondekel; 15th October 2019 at 12:18 AM.

User Tag List