Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 11th May 2009, 06:45 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The banjonater View Post
So...what you just said is a remake of banjo kazooie, but with jinjo village...

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME WITH TEH GRAPHICS AND JUNK!!!! [/fanboyism]
It worked 10 years ago, and we still play it. Why wouldn't it work?

Old 12th May 2009, 06:56 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 2
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Grunty was recently trapped in LOG's factory. I would make it so Grunty and Piddles overpower LOG (probably by a mistake on LOG's behalf, but it was all Grunty needed to retaliate). She ends up trapping LOG in some data or something (work with me), and seizing LOG's factory for her own.

Banjo and Kazooie are sleeping when the same radio from N&B wakes them up, but this time it's not Jamjars, its LOG. He is speaking to them through the radio because Grunty turned him into data, or watts, or something along those lines. He proceeds to tell them how Grunty has taken over his factory and now seeks to make an ultra game for herself. LOG tells them to try and ruin her plans by going to his former-factory in Showdown Town. Grunty has reopened the portal between worlds right in the mouth of her old lair, almost as if she was expecting BK to accept this mission, also symbolizing that SDT now belongs to her.

The portal leads to the inside of the factory rather than the outer Showdown Down, and by some twist of fate Grunty is able to trap Banjo and Kazooie in a force field, separate them, and send Kazooie somewhere in her game. She then proceeds to telling Banjo that things will end differently this time because she makes the rules, and they play the game. The introduction to the game ends by Grunty announcing that she is now 'Gruntilda, Lady of Games" and then she sends Banjo into her game, too.

Banjo and Kazooie start in different parts of the game. So basically, you complete a level with just Banjo (with his BT moves, and a few more he learns) get the jiggies and notes, then the next level you get to will be played as Kazooie (with her BT moves) until they finally meet up again. This pretty much forces them to learn all their moves again so this can be a platformer right off the bat. After you reunite, you may go back as BK and get any jiggies you couldn't get alone.

Levels would be pretty much:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak
In it her lack of creativity has her stealing other games to create "Grunty's Game!" It would have Mario worlds (without saying so), Halo worlds (Without saying so), and such.

and stuff like that.
THAT is an epic idea ... i would not only buy that, but would worship it. Nice thinking!

Old 13th May 2009, 03:04 AM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
It worked 10 years ago, and we still play it. Why wouldn't it work?
You know, I was being serious with my post. I would be so happy if they did a remake. Hell yeah that would be awesome... *daydreams*

Old 13th May 2009, 04:07 AM
Glowbo

(Beginning) Banjo gets really pissed off because L.O.G didn't give him back his moves. So he goes around spiral mountain relearning all of the basic moves from the first game. Banjo and Kazooie start the game off with a battle against L.O.G. After you beat him/it, you realize he wasn't strong in the first place. A big circle sucks in L.O.G. into a different dimension and Kazooie throws the wrench into it. Closing it.

Banjo and Kazooie go back to their home to find it destroyed by none other than... The witch. Climbing up spiral mountain, you find she has a 2nd lair, the 1st one is closed. Banjo goes inside, finding some of the old levels that have a little mix to them. (such as TTC a beach and all, but a totally different one with new challenges and such). Also with new levels and some that were rumored among the RWP.

Along Grunty's side is now Tooty, who is mad at Banjo for never paying any attention to her in the past games.

Banjo goes through the new lair and eventually battles grunty, for good?

Old 15th June 2009, 01:27 PM
Glowbo

if you recall, grunty's sisters were smashed with 1 ton weights or 10 ton weights(i forgot which) in banjo tooie so theres no possible way they would come back but your idea was pretty good though

Old 15th June 2009, 05:10 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Classic game play but updated a tad(use the Nuts & Bolts visuals), a more interactive hub world like ShowDown Town offered, more new moves since the 360 pad has more buttons then the N64 controller, a better more enthusiastic and less sarcastic script (all the hits Nuts & Bolts took at itself really wasn't helping me like the game any better), new bosses akin to Banjo-Tooie, and an epic final battle with Gruntilda. I didn't like the idea of acts for the worlds, unless they can make it interesting this time.

The story would leave off from Nuts & Bolts, Grunty escaping LOG's factory or taking it over by making her own game everyone gets trapped in eventually.

Last edited by Banjoman; 15th June 2009 at 05:16 PM.

Old 15th June 2009, 05:48 PM
Most Improved Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcheater85 View Post
if you recall, grunty's sisters were smashed with 1 ton weights or 10 ton weights(i forgot which) in banjo tooie so theres no possible way they would come back but your idea was pretty good though
Yes, because surviving under a rock for 2 years is something that's real.

Old 15th June 2009, 05:53 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy View Post
Beat me to it.

Old 15th June 2009, 06:15 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy View Post
you also forgot her surviving an explosion that disinergrated her body and forcing her to survive 8 YEARS without a body limping around the isle of hags searching for spiral mountain. Wow, a 1 ton weight doesnt seem that bad now.

Old 15th June 2009, 06:46 PM
Bunnycomb

INFECTED - B1K1 
Screw Banjo-Threeie, i'd reboot the series. BT and BK:N&B both stunk, N&B not so much I suppose. I'd update the graphics on BK and replace all of the levels with new ones with much of the story staying the same.

Yes, I hate Banjo-Tooie. Big whup want to fight about it?

Old 15th June 2009, 07:36 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
Screw Banjo-Threeie, i'd reboot the series. BT and BK:N&B both stunk, N&B not so much I suppose. I'd update the graphics on BK and replace all of the levels with new ones with much of the story staying the same.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1397/...ee607d.jpg?v=0

You have some strange tastes (not that that's a bad thing).

Old 15th June 2009, 07:44 PM
Glowbo

that one is a whole lot better than my idea

Old 15th June 2009, 09:29 PM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

That sounds like a completely new game to me.

Yes I do wanna fight about it. Juuuuust kiddin.

Old 15th June 2009, 11:11 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Three words:

Platformer, no vehicles.

Old 15th June 2009, 11:14 PM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

INFECTED - B1K1 
A nice blend of vehicles and platforming, with epicness in every part of the game. Even the pause screen.

Tags
banjo kazooie three

User Tag List