Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 11th November 2005, 05:12 AM
Jinjo

Exclamation ok i think i know the reason for stop n swop, even if its hard to swallow...

ok everybody this time ive, got it. the actual reason for the ending sequence and the biggest "easter egg hunt" of all time, was "gulp" a clever way to make people desparate to buy banjo tooie. yes, i know its hard to accept but think of it. this was a diabolicle way to promote their new game. their plan was to put all of these seceret eggs, and key for people to find. they added stop n swop so people could see what they have found. after all how pissed would you be if you found the eggs, touched them, and then poof gone forever and you never see them agian. of course they are going to give you a menu that shows the eggs! and people will get all carried up and try to find out what they were for, and then before they knew it, banjo tooie was on the shelves and they HAD to get is so they could discover all the secrets. i know its a bumer but its probably the truth. sorry for spoiling it for you guys.

and that, is the reason for stop n swop, the key, and all of the eggs.

Old 11th November 2005, 05:34 AM
Dingpot

I always thought it was a big joke Rare was pulling. They always love to pull the legs of their fans..

Old 11th November 2005, 05:43 AM
Clanker

This may be ture but i won't give up untill the major sns topic is deadand no one else belives that it could still be there, theres no point in everyone giving up when there's ideas and theories around that haven't been tested.

Old 11th November 2005, 06:00 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
So why would they put all the time and effort into submitting a patent for the data transfer process?

SNS as a process exists and is coded in BK. The question is does Tooie set the triggers. It's like searching for the proverbial needle in the haystack without being sure the needle is even there.

Old 11th November 2005, 06:26 AM
Dingpot

SnS is just WAY to coded into BK to just be a scham to sell us somthing that alot of us were waiting for anyway.

Old 11th November 2005, 07:13 AM
Brash Breegull

SnS was a project that was eventually scrapped due to hardware restrictions and concerns over the effect it would have on other games. End of story.

Old 11th November 2005, 07:39 AM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Total Awards: 2
Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by digidestind
sorry for spoiling it for you guys.
Dude, I'm totally disillusioned now. What are you going to tell me next, that Darth Vader was his father?

What? HE IS? NOOOOOOOOO

(I'm shocked I can type coherently at all at 1:30 in the morning. I'm going to sleep now.)

Old 11th November 2005, 08:10 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by digidestind
ok everybody this time ive, got it. the actual reason for the ending sequence and the biggest "easter egg hunt" of all time, was "gulp" a clever way to make people desparate to buy banjo tooie.
BINGO!!!
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!
*shot in the face*

Hey, that's what sequences are supposed to be.
Many people also felt pissed when they bought Majora's Mask expecting that game to solve the mysteries from Ocarina of Time...
But all that "parallel world" and stuff was just a clever excuse to recycle characters and items from OoT and make money easier.

It's the same with Tooie, and since the game was being made by the same people I don't see anything wrong with RARE taking marketing advantage of its prequel...
But I doubt RARE put SnS there just to taunt us. It was supposed to work, but something went wrong with N64's hardware, blah blah blah...
Well, Cyberen explained better...

But when I found this all out, I wasn't shocked, upset or anything.
I got much angrier when I found out that Majora's Mask was a really expensive game that didn't live up to its hype, and didn't have absolutely nothing to do with OoT... I still enjoy playing both, though

Last edited by LaorBR; 11th November 2005 at 08:27 AM.

Old 11th November 2005, 04:03 PM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I don't believe that. Sorry, but why would they put so much effort in making it. What would be the point of a wasted patent number? What would be the point of making all the eggs and stuff?? It just doesn't make sence.

What I think is that SNS is over. It was scrapped in BT, and the only thing we will find in BK is an SNS cutscene that may say "Turn off your N64 and put in Banjo-Tooie." That's all. If we are lucky, maybe the legit ays to get the eggs. That's it.

Old 11th November 2005, 04:11 PM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
I'm am totally with repobanjo on this one. I have a feeling that you came with good intentions, but didn't come out the way you had planned, digidestind. Please, don't be offended when I say I don't agree with what you've said, I just feel that we need to remain positive and try to move forward, rather than moving backwards every two weeks. However, you're new, and I wanna cut you some major slackage...so, welcome! Enjoy your stay at RWP and don't drink the punch. Just go with me on this one.

Old 11th November 2005, 04:22 PM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoss
I'm am totally with repobanjo on this one. I have a feeling that you came with good intentions, but didn't come out the way you had planned, digidestind. Please, don't be offended when I say I don't agree with what you've said, I just feel that we need to remain positive and try to move forward, rather than moving backwards every two weeks. However, you're new, and I wanna cut you some major slackage...so, welcome! Enjoy your stay at RWP and don't drink the punch. Just go with me on this one.
Don't drink the punch? Bah! Well, I forgot my manners there. I agree with dmoss. I had a theory, too. Yours makes much more sence. It's just that what you mean isn't what you put there. Your theory is still feasable, but not vey likely. I wanna find SNS, and going backwards 'aint gonna help. Sorry if sound rude, but I just woke up. Furthermore.... Wait! My song is on the radio! I am the Walrus! Koo-koo-ka-chu.....

Old 11th November 2005, 05:07 PM
Jinjo

thanks guys, and ya know personally i hope im wrong too

Old 12th November 2005, 06:55 AM
Dingpot

Look, I read somewhere with a VERY realistic theory. Perhaps they were making it possable in BT, using the expansion pack. They scrapped it because the team making DK64 NEEDED the pack to actually run it, and it just diddn't make sence to have the pack included in 2 highly anticipated games, so it was scrapped in BT.

Old 12th November 2005, 01:48 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaorBR
BINGO!!!
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!
*shot in the face*

Hey, that's what sequences are supposed to be.
Many people also felt pissed when they bought Majora's Mask expecting that game to solve the mysteries from Ocarina of Time...
But all that "parallel world" and stuff was just a clever excuse to recycle characters and items from OoT and make money easier.

It's the same with Tooie, and since the game was being made by the same people I don't see anything wrong with RARE taking marketing advantage of its prequel...
But I doubt RARE put SnS there just to taunt us. It was supposed to work, but something went wrong with N64's hardware, blah blah blah...
Well, Cyberen explained better...

But when I found this all out, I wasn't shocked, upset or anything.
I got much angrier when I found out that Majora's Mask was a really expensive game that didn't live up to its hype, and didn't have absolutely nothing to do with OoT... I still enjoy playing both, though
?? Who said Majora's Mask would solve any OoT mysteries? There weren't any major ones left at all? Also, how does the fact they used the same characters make it "easier for them to make money"? It saved them time creating a whole new range of characters, however, there were still plenty of new characters, enemies and locations. Also the game was more detailed.

Who ever said MM had anything to do with OoT also? Why be upset? I feel that MM had a lot more of an atmosphere and much spookier than OoT. Both have their ups and downs, but overall both are worthy games to sit side by side on my games shelf. Nintendo promised nothing between BK and BT...the topic of Zelda here is totally irrelvant if you ask me.

I was more angered at SNS not being in BT however, in BT they shoved the not so secret secret items right near the start in broad daylight to get that aspect out of the way, so the focus could take place on the main game of BT. It is obvious we were once to acquire these items in BT, in fact, no end evidence states this.

Old 13th November 2005, 01:47 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Wink

Heh heh heh, the magazines I read said all that... I know it's irrelevant, I just like to give opinions about everything... Even if nobody asked for it on first place

I enjoyed Majora's Mask. But I was expecting a OoT2 and that's not what I've got. And that re-use of characters was real lazyness, because the "new" characters of MM not only looked like the "old" ones from OoT, but they also have the same personalities and do the same things...
I brought up this "Zelda thing" just to say that there's nothing wrong about using the sucess of a prequel to help selling a game, since it was made by the same company and all.
But OoT is still lightyears ahead of MM. Period.
uahauhauhau

Back to topic: Some member (it was Andre, I think?) posted a link to the SnS patents here, it was the ultimate and undeniable proof that SnS once existed, and that maybe DK64 had something to do with it.
Could someone post that link again?

This should be enough evidence, that SnS was in BT at some time in development...

Last edited by LaorBR; 13th November 2005 at 01:55 AM.