Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 21st January 2013, 08:57 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConkerKing View Post
1.) Pick a game you know and have played through multiple times. Watching someone die/get a game over repeatedly isn't entertaining or enjoyable to watch. Alternatively, if you want to do a game you've only played once, employ a lot of editing and cut out all the bits where you struggle. The single thing that causes most LPs to be horrible is that they don't do this.

2.) Like GJ said, talk about the game. Gather as much information as you can about it and try your hardest to be informative. People watch LPs for 2 reasons: to be entertained and to be informed. If you're not bringing the latter, you're only giving out half the product. You don't need to talk about every possible thing in the game, but just enough to make people go "Huh, so that's the correct way to do it".

3.) Have fun! If you're not enjoying the game your viewers won't either, so (to reiterate point 1) make sure to pick a game you like and know you enjoy. If you're playing through with your sister, make sure it's something she'd enjoy too - or at least would enjoy to watch if that's the case.

4.) I don't have any more advice so I'll just list a few great LPs that show off how to do things the right way.

... And that's it, really. Just keep in mind that, even if your LP is perfect, a lot of people will still not like it. Usually it's because they don't like the game you're playing, so don't worry too much!
Might I also recommend Snatcher by slowbeef and Diabetus?

Old 22nd January 2013, 01:57 PM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConkerKing View Post
1.) Pick a game you know and have played through multiple times. Watching someone die/get a game over repeatedly isn't entertaining or enjoyable to watch. Alternatively, if you want to do a game you've only played once, employ a lot of editing and cut out all the bits where you struggle. The single thing that causes most LPs to be horrible is that they don't do this.

2.) Like GJ said, talk about the game. Gather as much information as you can about it and try your hardest to be informative. People watch LPs for 2 reasons: to be entertained and to be informed. If you're not bringing the latter, you're only giving out half the product. You don't need to talk about every possible thing in the game, but just enough to make people go "Huh, so that's the correct way to do it".

3.) Have fun! If you're not enjoying the game your viewers won't either, so (to reiterate point 1) make sure to pick a game you like and know you enjoy. If you're playing through with your sister, make sure it's something she'd enjoy too - or at least would enjoy to watch if that's the case.
1- For some reason the Game Grumps stopped doing this on their Sonic let's play. I wonder if it's because they don't want the money to stop printing. But anyway, yes I agree with this, I'd much rather watch a skillfull player than a pewdiepie playing games.

2- Yes, in a driving game you could learn a little bit about tuning, upgrades and the various tracks and manufacturers, as someone that likes cars but doesn't know much about them I must say that watching something that would inform me like that while still not being a boring tutorial would be a great experience.

3- Can't forget about the GG's most popular series right now. Enjoyable doesn't mean good, kind of unfortunate.

4- IMO "SISTER SCREAMS WHILE PLAYING SLENDER LOL FUNNY.avi" is not a great idea. But I would watch most other kinds of let's players.

Last edited by The Prototype; 22nd January 2013 at 02:03 PM.

Tags
fun, murder

User Tag List
Bbundy09