Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 12th March 2005, 04:25 AM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
No clue, don't think it's open source either. The data's useless to me, I have no idea how any sound stuff is encoded.

Old 19th March 2005, 11:32 AM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Exclamation

Does anyone know how it's encoded; or even how goldeneye's encoded
(by the way I'v had the above message poasted for a week now but I take it no-body looks at edits on previos pages.)

Trev

Old 19th March 2005, 02:52 PM
McLovin

Not sure what you mean about how Goldeneye's encoded. The sound data I don't know, but that's probably more about me not knowing how sound is encoded than how GE encodes it.

Old 20th March 2005, 06:15 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
sound

What I ment by "how GoldenEye's encoded" was if anyone else knew how to decode the sound data, (the stuff you couldn't do yet)
By the way Sub Drag, you know when you talk about the sound are you including the music or not?

I was watching GoldenEye on TV on Friday, it was great.
While watching I notest the BETA doors of GoldenEye were diferent to the ones from the film and so were the colour of the soldiers.
Watching GoldenEye gave me some great ideas for editing the game. Wouldn't you think that being chased by soldiers in jeeps would be cool... oh well just have to wait though...

Old 20th March 2005, 06:33 PM
McLovin

Heh, yeah. Every time I see the movie I immediately want to play the game. The sound data, I was specifically referring to sound effects, but I have the locations of music as well. Maybe there's a document on how sound is recorded somewhere on the internet.

Old 24th March 2005, 05:39 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Subdrag is there anything useful at v

http://www.dextrose.com/index.php?s=3&m=8&f=784

If not I shall keep looking but I'm finding it hard what to search for. help would be useful from all you other members though.

trev

Old 24th March 2005, 05:52 PM
McLovin

Well that's software that attempted to do what you want. I guess it doesn't work with GE though.

Old 24th March 2005, 06:02 PM
Glowbo

Please tell me everyone knows about this: http://hcs.freeshell.org/usf.html

Music was fully decoded and extracted from the Goldeneye ROM

Old 25th March 2005, 10:01 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Unhappy

Yeh I'v been there but there is a problem for me. A) you have to subscribe, I won't subscribe to anything
B) its not just the music I want I'm trying to help subdrag find some kind of software that will allow him to program and editor that will
extract --> edit/add --> place back into rom
sound, eg. coffing ect. and if possible music too.

Off the tipic for a bit- why/how did one of my other threads get closed. Was it because it was nothing to do with RARE, but after all it was in 'anything goes.' dosn't matter I suppose, all I wanted was to know if anyone had any 3D planets for X-wing alliance.

I'll keep looking for other leeds

Trev

Old 30th March 2005, 10:32 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
level editor

Subdrag do you have any idea what you hope the state of the final level editor will be? I mean like, how would you change a wall or something. Or even add new bits to the level.

When the level editor is complete what kind of things do you intend to have in the editor, for example do you intend to have a wall creation tool, a sky creation tool ect.

Will some of my other suggestions be incorcorated in this editor or will they be seperate.

my suggestion's were "(i.e. edit levels, missions, faces, animations, sounds ect AND be able to add them not replace existing ones)"
I had also come up with some other ideas as well but at this moment can't think of them (edit this poast later tomorwoww....)zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by trevor; 1st April 2005 at 12:49 PM. Reason: tierdness

Old 30th March 2005, 10:55 PM
McLovin

It's still, very, very, very, very early in production and concept. Basically, what I want to do, is layout the level, room by room, and the objects inside, hopefully using the actual textures. You then would at least minimally be able to modify the setup position of items, add some, etc. I haven't decided how rooms are going to be. If I'm going to allow modification, if they would import some known model formats or what. Keep in mind we need to work with the small ROM and compression.

It's far away, believe me.

Old 1st April 2005, 12:56 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
level editor - continued

Hi, I didn't expect you to reply so quickly (before I edited my last poast). I was intending to have the following in the other poast, so it starts in the middle of me speaking.(cut and past) hope you understand this V
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
("animations" means things like, soldiers yaning or being hit in the leg and falling over ect.)
my other ideas were, films/cutscenes, weapons, computer screens, custum select pages, start point(probably already in level editor), cheats, gadgets, damage profiles, speach(coinsides with sound) and AI editors and to be able to create soliders. sorry for the extreamly long list, however many of these will probably disolve into you're bigger editors in years to come... I hope.

There is one other thing of course. If a modeler is needed to create walls ect. then could you incorporate a modeler into the final editor. Thanks

Oh and although I have no idea how to program or anything(look at rom and just see rabble) I would like to help. I feel silly asking for all the above and not inputing a single bit. :o

Trev

Old 1st April 2005, 02:40 PM
McLovin

Heh, what you ask for is a little extensive. I don't even have the compression yet for levels really. Lets start by seeing if we can get a simple editor going, like adding and subtracting objects.

I mean it'd be a dream to have what you want, I couldn't imagine if people could start making their own levels like that. It'd be incredible. But it's a heck of a dream, especially since I am going about this completely on my own and with zoinkity.

Old 1st April 2005, 03:31 PM
Rarewitch Hero

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter 
I think that's a splendid idea Trevor. Get to it Sub!

Old 2nd April 2005, 09:55 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Smile is it true

Excuse me Ice Mario, you know what you said about rareware joining the rare witch project, is it true, or was it an April fool.
If it is true then would rare tell us how things were done in goldeneye, or would they leave us to continue ploding along very slowly trying to find a way to do all of the above.
Rareware has mentioned the rare witch project in it's letters before when someone asked about something. They also mentioned that they let us "tinker around with the roms, so they don't forget how", or something like that.(must have been removed later on yesterday)

trev
p.s thanks for thinking my ideas were great.

Subdrag, what about me asking (before) to help. Can I, although remember what I said.

Tags
007, editor, goldeneye, levels, replace

User Tag List