Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 11th September 2005, 04:37 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Lightbulb

Just a quick question, how many people here would like to be able to destroy walls ect?
It was just an idea I had, I know that I would like to put holes in walles and generators ect.
Oh another question, what with?(all or just explosives)
Trev

Old 11th September 2005, 11:52 PM
Glowbo

I came back here hoping for at least a new code of some sort for goldeneye....

Anything new happen with Goldeneye?

Old 18th September 2005, 11:58 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Well about my question... nobodys answered(unless of cource you've sent me PMs?)
Is my question realy bad or something?
"Anything new happen with Goldeneye?"
Don't tell me, No.
If there is sorry, I made this presumtion on the fact that there has been little or no activity on the 2 threads.
I started modeling a new level(big level with 2 bases and a jungle feel). It is very basic and actualy looks prety rubbish(if anyone can 'copy' or knows a place for free but good modelers that would be handy, because whatever hapenes with GoldenEye I can still use it to model X-wing Allinance ships )
Trev
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEBIGBATT.jpg (8.2 KB, 139 views)

Old 18th September 2005, 01:43 PM
Grunty's Reject

you can have 2 gun in golden eye if you use game shark

Old 25th September 2005, 05:48 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
"you can have 2 gun in golden eye if you use game shark"
What do you mean by that? if you mean double guns in 1 player then you can get that without a gameshark, if you mean in multiplayer, cool
Trev
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey nobodys answering my question nor commenting on my model nor giving me a modeler... where is everybody...

Hay subdrag, MrHTFord whats happaning, people are saying you've left, you can't leve without giving me the editors. I want them so much...
please reply,
trev
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh I give up, don't bother answering my question then. I already have an answer
I have to say(temporeroly) it seems whenever I post the topic goes cold...why?
I'm not saying anymore on this because I don't want it classed as spam
trev
(If you don't like this bit then delete this section of the post)

Last edited by trevor; 29th September 2005 at 05:08 PM. Reason: I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

Old 15th October 2005, 06:49 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor
I have to say(temporeroly) it seems whenever I post the topic goes cold...why?

Don't feel bad, the same thing happens with me all the time on other forums... except with me, if I make a post in a topic, it seems no one else wants to post in it, so after like a week, and no ones posted back in it, i'll edit it to say something like "Guess I locked the topic on accident lol".

That usually gets a response out of people.

Old 18th October 2005, 04:40 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
"Guess I locked the topic on accident lol".

Hehehahaha... that would get someons attention, even if it were just to comment on that.
Hay what do you think of my model?

I have had an idea + a question related to the idea.

This has nothing to do with editors(dont stop...) but to do with the compilation of GoldenEye. (maybe someone already knows how they did it?) My idea was to get someone who works high up or wants to work high up, to go to the 'library'/'history'/'archives' and dig up the software for GoldenEye. Simple. to take it out get a pen/pencil a pen drive and a screwdriver. take apart pendrive and hide in pen. Download data then throw chip out window. go outside after being scanned and pick up chip. give to people to loose trail, then upload...

This would be a waste of time if someone knew how goldenEye was compiled and that there was no special program.

trev

P.S. I dont think the above will ever happen, but it just illustrates how much I want inside GoldenEye, I have more ideas, yet no editors. Some ideas need even more editors. If I knew how to program I would help, no joke, but as seen on p3/4 I wasted time. I couldnt even do something you's probably find simple.

I ask too much, I know.

I bother you too much, I'm going to my room to play GoldenEye.

Silence while the programmers program, I'm too exited espesualy after seeing the model on screenshot(How many monthes was that ago?)...

A slight bit of poetry by Trevor.(if read in a soft way)

Old 27th December 2005, 10:00 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
I updated that model I made a while back(18th sep 2005)
What do you think?
Are any of the programmers still around? . . . . . out . . . . there . . . .

Trev
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEBIGBATT2.jpg (9.0 KB, 77 views)

Old 28th December 2005, 08:16 AM
Glowbo

Umm if you want to be able to destroy walls, I'd suggest a game called Red Faction or its sequel. They came out for the PC a while back, and possibly a console or two. The idea was that by using explosives or rocket launchers, you could destroy the wall next to a blocked or locked door, and make your own sort of path. All the terrain and walls could be chipped away at a lot, which made it mildly entertaining.

Doing it for Goldeneye wouldn't make a lot of sense, unless the editor made some doors permanently locked, and blasting a hole with a remote mine into the wall would help you progress. Though I can't think of a lot of practical level areas or purposes that it would serve.

Old 28th December 2005, 04:34 PM
Glowbo

lol who cares if its practical or needed, it would just be really fun to do.

Imagine instead of opening a door, you just shoot it with a Rocket Launcher and make your own door...

Old 28th December 2005, 08:32 PM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
I played the PS2 version of Red Faction at a friend's house, and after 20 minutes of doing that, we decided to play something else. The Geo-Mod engine was more of a gimmick than anything, so I don't know if that would work well with GE.

Old 29th December 2005, 02:00 AM
Glowbo

Pretty much, Icy. I couldn't stand the game, but decided to play through to the end in the off chance that it'd get better. it really didn't. And yes, it wouldn't translate well to something like Goldeneye... unless you used a weapon mod to always start with explosives of some kind in every mission, or be able to find one somewhere. Otherwise, it'll just be you wasting hundreds of bullets, chipping away little pieces for a few minutes until you break through. Meanwhile, all the guards have become bored and gone to sleep.

Old 29th December 2005, 02:56 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Well about blowing up walls and stuff, I did have an idea where that could happen and anyway my idea of blowing up walls is to use explosivs only, and only certian walls. Yes you would have to find an explosive and it wouldn't chip away I was told. It would blow up like a box(GoldenEye Map Hacking by MrHTFord (thread last edited 2*th sep, so change forum settings to veiw))

I was told of that game by a freind but I would still want to do it with GoldenEye. I just realy want to do things with GoldenEye. I dont think it would be boring, it would be a slight puzzle solver or anialation (depending on how you play the game ).
I did however find a problem with blowing up the level,

Normal : 1 level wall (invinsable), behind that infanite nothingness

First level destroyable : 2 level walls (2nd invinsable), behind outer inf' nothngs'

1st,2nd dest' : 3 lev' walls (3rd inv), behind outer inf' nothngs'

third option 3x as big on mem as 1st option.
See where I'm going, the problem with destroying the level is you have to come to an end sometime or it is infanite therefore space needed is infanite.
Still it would be nice to do(2nd option)

trev

P.S. How is my model compared to first. thanks

Old 18th January 2006, 11:40 AM
Glowbo

Hi Trevor,

I still read the forums occasionally, and thought I'd put a progress report up.

I'm not really that bothered about changing Goldeneye. My current aim is to write a tool to extract all the data from it.

As for how things are 'compiled' or put together, the tool's source code implicitly describes much of that.

I'm still working on it but don't get to spend many hours per week on it.

If someone wanted to take my work and extend it to allow modifying the contents of a Goldeneye ROM, that would be entirely possible.

Cheers.

Old 21st January 2006, 09:56 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Oh right, but in the other thread you (I think) were on about changing the rom or at least changing it into .3ds,.dxf,.an8 (ok maybe not an8 but it would be good maybe)and then replacing the modified models. I wanted to be able to add but I think Subdrag said that would come later like the tex tool.

Its good to hear from at least one Programmer (I was getting worried as seen above). Is Subdrag still involved? I though maybe you'd know.

Trev

Tags
007, editor, goldeneye, levels, replace

User Tag List