Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2008, 08:58 PM
Clanker

More Vehicles? Or more Banjo?

If this has been discussed already, I'm sorry, I can't keep up with the flood of discussion on the board. Quite a few of us, I know, are very disappointed that the game seems to be vehicle based. I was one of them. Almost all the pictures that we have of BK3 feature vehicles. I payed a little visit to GameFAQs the other day, to see that BK3 was the fifth most popular 360 board! Anyway, one user brought up the point that most video gaming companies would want to show off something brand new. They wouldn't magnify the old. This would mean that the first screenshots to come out would be mainly of the vehicles, the new. The old (normal Banjo navigation) would come later. Although it seems like vehicles are used for almost all the game, these pictures are most likely showing off the new side of the game. Normal Banjo usage will still play a major part in the game for inside areas. I now have new hope in the game and am looking forward to it!

Old 15th May 2008, 09:01 PM
Jinjo

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
Quote:
Donkey Kong Universe: What would you say the traditional platforming/vehicle usage ratio is in the overall scope of the game?

Gregg Mayles: I knew someone would ask that! Mmm...I would say around 80% vehicles, but just a rough guess. Banjo gets in and out of the vehicles all the time, but the travelling is done in the vehciles. A lot of the tasks require Banjo to get out and either do something to the vehciles, put something in the vehicles and so on. So you aren't in them all the time, but once you play the game and realise the freedom the vehicles have you will forget that they are vehicles and simply a different way of having abilities, albeit ones that you choose and combine. I know it is going to be tough for people to accept that vehicles, especially the old fans, but I belive they make the old games look limited and very outdated. People are always afraid of change. But change for the better is great, which is what I believe this game to be. It's going to take time for people to get it, I know!

Donkey Kong Universe: So vehicles are a must for completing most, if not all core missions?

Gregg Mayles: Yes
Read the bold text. =/

Old 15th May 2008, 09:04 PM
Clanker

I knew that would happen. close please. And back to my moping cave. *gets depressed again*

Old 15th May 2008, 09:11 PM
Jinjo

Banjo is not all vehicle, imagine it as abilities, transportation. Instead of walking through the WHOLE ENTIRE LEVEL...wouldent be fun if to move around with something you created
and you dont have to use some vehicle at some parts..you can get of and on anytime
so I think all that are dissapointent just dont really understand it

Old 15th May 2008, 09:14 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3anjoK@z00ie View Post
Banjo is not all vehicle, imagine it as abilities, transportation. Instead of walking through the WHOLE ENTIRE LEVEL...wouldent be fun if to move around with something you created
and you dont have to use some vehicle at some parts..you can get of and on anytime
so I think all that are dissapointent just dont really understand it
I agree.

Old 15th May 2008, 09:16 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Closed by request of topic creator.

Closed Thread

User Tag List