Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 10th February 2009, 02:41 PM
Jinjo

Minor Annoyances

Alright so I picked it up a few weeks ago after beating the original for the I don't know how manyth time (shortly after I beat the XBLA version I found my original gamepak, coincedence?? I think it has something to do with Stop N' Swop ) lol even I know that was in bad taste

Okay, so admittedly the vehicle creation system is ingenius and very creative, though not where most of us want to see the series taken. The challenges were fun but they got kinda repetative, the idea of the game globes and the character cast playing different roles each world was interesting, still wanted to see mumbo and humba whip up a little magic...

but with that said there are a few grievances I have with it..
*Banjo seems to have trouble getting in front of some characters to speak with them, why can't when you press X, you just speak from where you stand?
*You can upgrade your physical abilities, but WHY?! They are of no use once you have... except Speed
*Why are their only Black Minjos? (just saying...)
*I've gotta say, the re-designed characters look nice, with the exception of TWO!! Humba and the Jinjos. Why does Humba look like preteen jail bate? O_o
and why are the Jinjos so Pointy?! Meh, I suppose the Jinjo thing isn't that big of a deal, but I like their original design better. With that said, I think King Jingaling is actually cooler now.
*At the fear of having this overstated to the EXTREME, I did wish that I could have a few of the original moves, I'd be happy with Talon Trot or Feathery Flap
*So the game still has some hidden adult humor (hehe ) but why did they move Mr. Patches Plug? Too Obvious maybe?
*Finally, the notes as currency? Great idea! I've wanted to use them as such since the original (but there was nothing to buy you say? Shhh... I wanted to be able to buy stuff) Also, the notes in Showdown town are much more difficult to find than in any level of the original games.

Okay I'm done ranting
now... /DISCUSS!!

Old 10th February 2009, 02:45 PM
Custom User Title

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award Basic Forum Rules 
Yeah what was the point of the Gym upgrades ive always wondered that

Old 10th February 2009, 02:49 PM
Jinjo

Meh...my theory is that maybe they originally intended more platforming but threw it out and just left the Gym? I can see the need for upgrading Speed, but Stamina? I've never come close to death once... even when you fall from the top of the level... also enemies are easier to fight on foot so theres a very rare chances you will lose health. Strength I originally thought would make it easier to kill the Grunt-bots, but even with it upgraded to the max it still takes some time... Its not even that useful for being able to carry heavy object with Kazooie's Wrench faster...

Old 10th February 2009, 03:14 PM
Custom User Title

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award Basic Forum Rules 
If you run out of health (i can only manage it from drowning) you dont even get a game over, kazooie just slaps you as bit and you're full health again :S

I think its just for challenges but who has died in them anyway?

Old 10th February 2009, 03:39 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
Yeah, since when did you getting slapped around the face increase your health?

Old 10th February 2009, 04:34 PM
Jinjo

Meh...Don't know

hehe maybe they changed Kazooie from a Breegull to a Phoenix?
slapping Banjo in the Would then cure him
*Phoenix down*

Old 10th February 2009, 05:17 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
One of the few annoyances I had with the game is that there is no proper health. I mean, it comes back after some seconds! It would've been much better if the health system was like in the previous games. Out of that, I don't think I have complaints... even if I think the acting was unnecessary...

Old 10th February 2009, 05:56 PM
Grunty's Reject

I was expecting more out of the gym... Especially after Mike said that he didn't want to spoil anything when I asked about it.

At least what I had in mind was Banjo inside the gym doing certain things in a limited amount of time where you have to press a button repeatedly or something like that.

Old 10th February 2009, 06:43 PM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Total Awards: 3
Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
There's no interior spaces. Like, you can't go into the gym, you can't go into the factory, you can't go into the Rusty Bucket. That is one of my big issues with it. You discover the level in five minutes. The longest it took me to find something new in a level was probably the Jiggosseum food court a day into the level.

Old 10th February 2009, 07:49 PM
Dingpot

Yeah, the lack of interior spaces was annoying...

One of my issues with the game was not being able to do the ground-pound. I dunno why. I'm so used to it in platform games and I think it makes N&B a bit uncomfortable to play.

My other issue is that Grunty was always standing there which didn't make her seem formidable in the least.

The vehicle system was well put together, I just wish you didn't have a maximum piece limit (although to be fair, that's a tad impratical )

I don't wish to mention what I wanted the game to be though for fear of de-railing the thread.

Old 10th February 2009, 08:11 PM
Jinjo

Okay, so I just wanted to test this out...I tryed to drown Banjo and Kazooie, but guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK!! They cannot die in this game, so I ask you, if they can't die, why the hell are they building vehicles? Just smack stuff around with the Wrench for the love of christ, theres no point in even HAVING a health bar.

Old 10th February 2009, 08:13 PM
Bunnycomb

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Poubelle View Post
Okay, so I just wanted to test this out...I tryed to drown Banjo and Kazooie, but guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK!! They cannot die in this game, so I ask you, if they can't die, why the hell are they building vehicles? Just smack stuff around with the Wrench for the love of christ, theres no point in even HAVING a health bar.
They're using the honeyking cheat from Tooie

Old 10th February 2009, 09:42 PM
Dingpot

the final battle
grr.....

Old 11th February 2009, 01:41 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjo View Post
There's no interior spaces. Like, you can't go into the gym, you can't go into the factory, you can't go into the Rusty Bucket. That is one of my big issues with it. You discover the level in five minutes. The longest it took me to find something new in a level was probably the Jiggosseum food court a day into the level.
Yeah- That pissed me off.
However (imo)- ToT was the best for exploration. It wasn't so open like the other levels. The different rooms and underwater tunnels made it feel more like the original games. Only thing is- they didn't have different versions of the tune for each room

ToT would've been an awesome platforming level if they were to downsize it for banjo and kazooie to be able to use their moves.

Old 11th February 2009, 02:41 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I have more major problems with this game then minor ones.

Only minor ones is that you couldn't die and the worlds had no interiors to them. Felt more like a cornered in sphere or glob-

Oh wow. No wonder.

Tags
jinjos, notes, nuts and bolts, what is this

User Tag List