Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 19th February 2007, 09:12 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
Rare: I'm not actually sure about the whole...logistics of it but kinda like pulling cartridges out and sticking all the cartridges in; I think they just decided in the end that it probably wasn't a brilliant idea
As stated before, this implies, quite directly, that it was NOT FULLY IMPLEMENTED.

We naysayers win

Old 19th February 2007, 09:24 PM
Funk Soul Brother

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
As stated before, this implies, quite directly, that it was NOT FULLY IMPLEMENTED.
Not exactly,the statement says that it was a bad idea,but not that they didn't implement it.Just because something is a bad idea,dosn't mean they won't use it.
-CK-

Old 19th February 2007, 09:32 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre

What the hell do you people want? A Rare employee comes out and explicitly tells you that Stop 'N' Swop was removed from Banjo-Tooie, yet you still don't believe it? Despite how painful it may seem, you need to except the truth.
Well I don't specificaly believe its there myself, but he didn't say it was removed, if he were to add, he could have ended that sentance in many ways

"I think they just decided in the end that it probably wasn't a brilliant idea, so they just deactivated it"
"I think they just decided in the end that it probably wasn't a brilliant idea was we stop building on it, everythings still there though, just not active"

Old 19th February 2007, 10:09 PM
Ph.D

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
To all of the people who believe that it still exists: IT DOESN'T. GET OVER IT. If you want to whine and whine and whine that it still exists, go start your own thread. That way we can safely avoid your comments. Thank you.

Old 19th February 2007, 10:19 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
I can't say that I'm really surprised, actually. The search for SNS was pretty much going nowhere, as anybody hacking into the games would at least have to find even a small hint towards it. An accessible room or anything.

I'm 100% sure that SNS is completely gone. Think of it this way. BK was getting the items. DK64 and/or BT was swapping it over. Getting the items + Swapping being taken out = No SNS. Completely and utterly gone.

But like everybody else, I'm really curious of what Rare wanted to do with Blackeye. Even though he won't have anything to do with SNS in the future, I'd like to see his character expanded on, since there's some mystery surrounding him. He'd be a great addition to BK3.

Old 19th February 2007, 10:33 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Shoot I watched that for the first time.. I have to say that that guy is telling the truth. By looking beyond the words, you can tell that that is somthing talked about alot at Rare..

And the way he described B3 was somthing along the lines of.. He was told to tell nothing..

Think about it!

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 19th February 2007, 10:44 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConkerKing
Not exactly,the statement says that it was a bad idea,but not that they didn't implement it.Just because something is a bad idea,dosn't mean they won't use it.
-CK-
Sure, let's all just continue to be ignorant even though it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that it's gone now.

Logic? HELL NO!

Brilliant. Stop n Swoppers are FTL. Seriously.

Old 19th February 2007, 10:52 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
It could also mean that they thought it wasn't a brilliant idea...AFTER they implemented it...

But, I still think we've found all there is to be found.

Old 19th February 2007, 11:32 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Can someone ask them what the extra eggs wouldve been for?

Old 19th February 2007, 11:35 PM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Total Awards: 2
Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConkerKing
-CK-
[rwp_img]http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~ma231702/vonkarma.gif[/rwp_img]

Old 19th February 2007, 11:39 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

^^^^AGREE'D

Also: bonus points for Von Karma.

Old 19th February 2007, 11:46 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Does this mean we can remove Banjo Theories and delete any SnS topics on sight from here on out?

No?

Piss

Look, what was said in the interview was said. SnS was "not a brilliant idea". You can debate what the ***** that means until an asteroid strikes in 2036 and wipes out our miserable existence.

The fact is YOU WILL NOT BE PERFORMING STOP 'N SWOP, EVER. This CONFIRMS THAT MUCH. So what's the point now? What do all these *****ing nonsense arguments prove? That you're just a little more bat-sh!t insane than the next person?

I don't care what "Rare really means" by what was said in that interview. What was said, I believe, is clear enough to say "It's over".

Old 20th February 2007, 12:02 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Jinjo
Does this mean we can remove Banjo Theories and delete any SnS topics on sight from here on out?

No?

Piss

Look, what was said in the interview was said. SnS was "not a brilliant idea". You can debate what the ***** that means until an asteroid strikes in 2036 and wipes out our miserable existence.

The fact is YOU WILL NOT BE PERFORMING STOP 'N SWOP, EVER. This CONFIRMS THAT MUCH. So what's the point now? What do all these *****ing nonsense arguments prove? That you're just a little more bat-sh!t insane than the next person?

I don't care what "Rare really means" by what was said in that interview. What was said, I believe, is clear enough to say "It's over".
I love you so much, Gold. Seriously. I'm talking love, baby.

Anyone who disagrees with Gold on this is wrong. Good day.

Old 20th February 2007, 12:14 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Wow this is becoming a flame war.

Let me clarify what that means..

Quote:
The guy said SNs was removed because it wasn't a good idea. It was removed in BK and BT. That does not mean that it is gone forever. Infact, there will probally be some way to transfer data between B3, and another future banjo game, or even an existing Rare game for the 360.

Does that game have to have anything to do with Banjo?
No.

Does Banjo have to have anything to do with that game?
No.

For all we know, when B3 comes out, if it detects a save file of VP, PDZ, or Kameo we might get a wee bit of extra content. I wouldn't be suprised if it even told you you unlocked it.

I am taking all the people saying "SNS ia g0norz!!" as total bull sh*t. It was gone, but YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT IT IS GONE FOREVER! It may be recreated to do sotmhing eles.

Afterall, Rare being the mean people they are will implant it in some way or another in B3, like they did with GbtG!!
That is how I truly feel. I don't give a hell if you think others are wrong. We knew SNS was dead for a looong time, but people still beilved. Theorys are only what people think they could be. There is no wrong in someone posting a theory in a month, because it is what they think it would of been.

Now when it says "Unlock extra content by having a *insert Rare game here* save file!" I will laugh at those who insist that is was, is, and forever will be dead.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 20th February 2007, 12:17 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
I know and you know that we will never be able to properly perform Stop N' Swop. But it's absolutely evident that the process was not scrapped before "Banjo-Tooie" was released. If you recall, there was an interview with Tim Stamper (at least, I'm pretty sure it was him but I could be very wrong, though it was certainly a high-ranking Rare commando) in which he said that the way to unlock the game's uber secret was still being worked on. He stated that it would not be necessary for completing the game but that it would make playing the game much more desireable. So, I say, this new interview is just another sham to divert our eyes. We might be getting close, as they've stated, maybe a little bit too closefor their tastes. And so, my point is, if Rare said Stop N' Swop would still be in effect before they tried to cover their tracks and only recently they've begun to state that it was gone from the get-go, what does that tell us about the project's status?

If you said that it's alive but wholly unusable, and that they're trying to keep us from finding out entirely out of a matter of personal dignity as a company that would have revolutionized the gaming world but was prevented from getting there by their Big Brother company, you are correct. A+ for you.