Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 3rd July 2004, 05:21 PM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Smile Ice Key Antics

Now I'm pretty sure this has been brought up many times before. As a matter of fact I'm 99.9% positive I've read this same thing at LEAST 7 times before. But really, a topic with a direction couldn't hurt the dead forum IMO, so at the risk of repetitiveness and redundancy...

Am I the only one that had some weird obsession with getting the Ice Key, Pink Egg, and Blue Egg before the codes came out? I spent a lot of time trying to unlock such things…but none more so than the ice key.

The pink egg’s entire island had to be brought to the surface and the giant seemingly indestructible door had to be knocked down for the blue egg. The ice key however was always…right there. You could see it in all of its big icy goodness right through the only obstacle stopping you – a thin sheet of ice. I thought surely this wall of ice could be gotten through I mean you could easily tell it wasn’t all that thick.

With that said I spent numerous hours trying to knock this wall down. Getting in to the cave before Wozza, beak bashing through the entrance hoping it would let me fly up and shatter the window. I even tried the standard barrage of countless eggs. My favorite though was trying to jump in the fire, and go up to the window so that the fire on Banjo would melt the ice =P.

Did anyone else have the same ice key acquiring fetish I once had? Maybe an interesting attempt at getting it to go with it?

Old 3rd July 2004, 06:34 PM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Total Awards: 2
Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
By your standards, I did. I spent many an hour doing the same kind of thing, ranging from launching eggs to running through the fire.

The main thing I did try was to find alternate ways into that ice key room. Through the mountain outside, through areas around the ice wall, and through that little hole that only walrus banjo could get to....nothing worked. The attempts did get me interested in glitches and getting the characters into wierd places though. Through crazy attempts, I've gotten BK into that walrus area (there's nothing exciting back there, really.), stuck inside those crystal pillars, and that's just from Wozza's cave alone (note: I used no hacking tools whatsoever.).

Anyways though, that Ice Key always taunted me into trying everything to get it. This in turn led me to discover the RWP around the time BT came out......

Old 3rd July 2004, 07:44 PM
Brash Breegull

I have shockingly relevant art to this situation.

Old 4th July 2004, 05:24 AM
Jinjo

No, i didnt obsess, I tried a couple of times, then realised (OMG) it couldnt be knocked down, nor could you get through, until I found the RWP cheats to get there

bless!

www.6starwrestling.com

Old 4th July 2004, 07:33 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I was interested in the Ice Key, but I could never really be arsed to do anything. I just looked up information on it, and that was it

Came across that "Watcher's Banjo-Tooie Page", and I had thought the guy went bonkers because the game was called Banjo-Kazooie, not "Tooie", and then I learned about the sequel, and the whole Stop N Swop business.

Eventually came across the old Rare Witch Project and saw the videos of Ice getting the secret items. That was enough for me -- I saw it in action, and I didn't bother with looking for clues, or any sort of way to get them. I just discussed my rediculous theories

And then time went by, and the whole bloody thing became more and more of a farce. Then Banjo-Tooie came out, more rediculous theories popped up... I still didn't bother with investigating. When I got the giant Ice Key from the vault in Hailfire Peaks, I felt satisfied enough

I dunno. The whole Banjo experience thus far has been painful. Banjo-Tooie, to me, was redemption. Mostly because they made Mumbo less creepy.

*shudders*

Last edited by Gold Jinjo; 4th July 2004 at 07:45 AM.

Old 4th July 2004, 02:08 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Cyberen great site (h) Yeah i rememberd, day and night i searched for that damn key, I had so many theories and all of them failed in the end i had over 200 houres i played

Old 4th July 2004, 03:23 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Heh. I remember playing through the game, but before I was finished with it I read an article online about how to get the ice key with a shark, so I did it. And then it wouldn't go away. So technically I never had that struggle.

Luckily, somebody hacked a secrets modifier and everybody could remove the eggs and ice key.

Course then the RWP released the sandcastle cheats to blow the whole thing wide open.

Old 5th July 2004, 10:35 AM
Jinjo

Jeez! I didnt realise that this site goes back so far!

www.6starwrestling.com

Old 6th July 2004, 08:19 PM
Glowbo

Wait get the ice key with a shark?... i dont know what your talking about.... unless i just forgot... probably... ya that was bunk... i look so much and did so many stupid things... for the blue and pink egg also though

Old 6th July 2004, 09:01 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEEDLEDEE
Wait get the ice key with a shark?... i dont know what your talking about.... unless i just forgot... probably... ya that was bunk... i look so much and did so many stupid things... for the blue and pink egg also though
Yes with a 'shark, levitate over the wall and into the Ice Key chamber.

Old 7th July 2004, 02:18 AM
Clanker

i tried forever also. the strange thing is that i didn't even know taht you could get them with codes till after like 2 years.

Old 8th July 2004, 06:36 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Yeah, same thing with me as well! I tried everything I could to get all of those items! And then one day I was shocked when I found the Sandcastle Cheats! I wasn't expecting that! I was school at that time. I immediately wrote them down, and when I got home i put in the cheats and collected the items. Boy was I ever so excited!!

Old 8th July 2004, 09:56 AM
Jinjo

As was I, I suppose that you could say my excitement was unparraleled.

www.6starwrestling.com

Old 8th July 2004, 05:41 PM
Brash Breegull

I didn't stand there for hours. I just launched eggs into the gap for a while, tried various button combinations then went away. I also tried lobbing the controller half way across the room.

Didn't work to well .

Old 8th July 2004, 09:01 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakey Wake
Yes with a 'shark, levitate over the wall and into the Ice Key chamber.

OH YA! duh a shark... that kind of shark... i was thinkin the shark... damn i lost it now...