Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Archive > Action Replay/Gameshark hacking

Action Replay/Gameshark hacking Come in and learn to hack like the pros. ahem. yes.

Old 29th March 2008, 12:45 PM
Jinjo

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
Gameshark crashing in Menu

I have loads of crashes (Freezes) in the Gameshark 3.30 for the N64. What can I do? anybody had the same?

Old 29th March 2008, 01:06 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Let it rest for a bit then try again. I've had this happen to me though, and there's not much you can do, except the stack trick with another one.

Old 29th March 2008, 06:29 PM
Jinjo

Random Award 
stack trick? I figured out when I use an import adapter from Blaze the gameshark don't crash anymore.

Old 29th March 2008, 09:29 PM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
One thing I've found that helps is if you take one of those cotton buds (the really narrow ones), run one end of it under a tap for a few seconds, then squeeze the end of it out so it's still damp. Now just stick it into the underside of the cartridge and press it against the connector, running it all the way along a few times. Then dampen the other end of it and to the same for the other side of the connector.

9/10 times, the cotton bud will literally turn black with dust from the connector. Do this with both your GS itself and the game you're trying to load. You'll find performance much improved if you do this

Another thing which might help is if you stick a finger into the cartridge slit on the n64 to prise it open and blow into it a few times to clear out any dust.

Finally, one problem I've always had with mine is that my cartridge slot seems to be loose, and the AR won't start unless it's being pushed towards the front of the console. To solve that problem, I folded up a DVD leaflet and inserted it at the back of my AR at the same time as the AR itself, which forces it to stay pressed against the front of the n64. I'm not sure why, but that has improved my chances of not crashing beyond measure...

Old 30th March 2008, 11:41 AM
Jinjo

Random Award 
thanks, well if its the cartridge slot that is too lose then simply take an import adapter. Hopefully the slot there is not lose and the transmission is better.