Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 20th March 2008, 10:46 AM
Bunnycomb

Cogs and gears...?

Looks like they opted for something in between the cute and ugly styles.
And just to make it known that you can't please everyone, I actually like Banjo's ugly look better.

Old 20th March 2008, 11:43 AM
New Member of the Year ('07 - '08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by watkinzez View Post
I wonder if that'll be the name... instead of ridiculous extensions or subtitles, it'll just be Banjo-Kazooie. A new beginning for the franchise.
I doubt it. It's not really an unveiling for anything, so I wouldn't say it's an official title yet. It would be strange if they just put the title up there with no information. I think they just wanted to put in the franchise name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
Gets ready for an april fool joke o.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezerIceman View Post
I wonder...if BK3 in general is just some huge massive AFJ.

And this website will start giving 'updates' until April 1st, when they will uncover it as an AFJ.

Oh god.

It won't happen will it?
The fact that it's professional means nothing. I could do that. The fact that it has a different look to Banjo means nothing. I could do that. The fact that it says Xbox 360 and Rare and all that stuff means nothing. Anyone could do that... but the fact that the domain name is Banjo-Kazooie.com means A LOT. I'm pretty sure only Rare would have that domain name taken, not to mention there'd be no reason to trick us. If anything, there's reason to hype this sucker before E3 starts. If they're releasing this at Christmas time, this is the perfect time to launch the website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watkinzez View Post
I wonder how relevant the site's design is to the game. Rare has a fetish for factory settings, and spinning cogs and propellors are always interesting to look at.

..or maybe it's just to convey that the site's under construction, making this speculation null and void.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-R-E-T View Post
Cogs and gears...?

Looks like they opted for something in between the cute and ugly styles.
And just to make it known that you can't please everyone, I actually like Banjo's ugly look better.
My take on this is that it could be either way. It could just mean the site's under construction. Then again, it could not. I could definitely see Banjo having blueprints to put his "devices" together in which he'd have to search around the worlds for them. Then, perhaps, you'd have a side-to-side comparison of the blueprints and your parts trying to put them in the order you see on the blueprints.

I'm... having Deja Vu... Impossible.

Who wants to bet this gets updated on April 1st and is ACTUALLY authentic? That'd be a new twist on the April Fools gag. That'd actually be nice.

Last edited by ConkerTribe; 20th March 2008 at 01:09 PM.

Old 20th March 2008, 12:14 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
Holy crapsticks!

And thus starts more idle speculation

Also, the only thing that I think looks really wrong on new design Banjo - the teeth. The rest is fine, the teeth just look...weird.
EDIT: Ok, maybe the eyes are too far apart as well

Old 20th March 2008, 01:22 PM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Total Awards: 3
Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Okay so I basically orgasmed.

1. No school today.
2. Get to play God of War action all day (picked up Chains of Olympus to celebrate 3 year anniversary)
3. THE BANJO SITE IS UP
4. HE LOOKS BETTER
5. MOST WIN DAY EVER

Old 20th March 2008, 02:01 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I will hurt somebody if it is April Fool's joke.Btw I checked the website of other Xbox games and they all had the same stuff (main,leaderboards,photomode...).Too bad

Don't be daft,wrap your shaft!

Old 20th March 2008, 02:07 PM
is safe

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
I don't think it is, plus only the RWP has April fools start so early. The rest of the world usually wait until April the 1st

Old 20th March 2008, 02:39 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Hopefully it isn't a AFJ, guess we'll have to wait.

Old 20th March 2008, 03:54 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Even if this launched months ago I bet you would all still think it's an April Fools Joke. I don't see how launching a teaser site for an upcoming game on the official domain would be a joke anyway.

Also, Rare has commented on the site.

Quote:
Speaking to VideoGamer.com today a Rare representative told us that "gamers can expect updates to the teaser site in the near or immediate future"
Quote:
Rare has contacted CVG to inform us that, while the teaser site is currently thin on content, it will be updated soon. Rare community manager, George Kelion, told CVG: "Like the game, the teaser site is still under construction and you can expect updates relatively soon."

Old 20th March 2008, 04:24 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Awesome, awesome news.

Old 20th March 2008, 04:28 PM
Jinjo

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Banjo Teaser Site Thread No. 2

While poking around in the other thread, I realized that A)the RWP will keep people who can't install Microsoft Silverlight well informed, but B)that they will have to search the forums manually until they find their information.

When the teaser website is updated, if you are one of the lucky ones who has installed the program,please post any information you can, from screenshots to videos to typed descriptions, anything will help.

I myself have not been able to install Silverlight, so the forum will be completely dependent on the RWP community. Thanks!

Old 20th March 2008, 04:28 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
I am excited.

Banjo just looks plain creepy now though. :<

Old 20th March 2008, 04:32 PM
Jinjo

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
i just made a new thread by the way, addressing a certain potential problem. check it out, and please reply. its in the threeie forum. it will be dedicated to information, hopefully with little discussion

Old 20th March 2008, 04:44 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
unless something else gets added before april the 1st, then its 100% real

Old 20th March 2008, 04:53 PM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

INFECTED - B1K1 
yayayayayayay i still think its fake.

george k straighten this out plz

Old 20th March 2008, 04:56 PM
is safe

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
It's not a fake I've spoken to him about it today.

Tags
banjo, banjo-kazooie 3, bk3, end of the world, guh huh!, kazooie, mazin' tags, teaser, teaser website, threeie, update

User Tag List