Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 29th August 2008, 10:11 PM
Dingpot

For this generation, IMO, you're gonna need a Wii and a PS3/360 to survive. Or no Wii at all if you aren't interested in the first party games...

I say, if you were a kid who played and loved BK, and you have been wanting SNS and keeping in touch with these forums, go for the 360. I think the Arcade bundle is $250 or $300 now...

Old 30th August 2008, 12:05 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
For this generation, IMO, you're gonna need a Wii and a PS3/360 to survive. Or no Wii at all if you aren't interested in the first party games...

I say, if you were a kid who played and loved BK, and you have been wanting SNS and keeping in touch with these forums, go for the 360. I think the Arcade bundle is $250 or $300 now...
im not intrested in a ps3 and i want to keep my wii. I really want bk3 though

Old 30th August 2008, 03:32 AM
Glowbo

Now is the time to get a 360. There will be a price drop soon for all three skus, $50 for the Standard and Elite, and $80 for the Arcade.

Old 30th August 2008, 05:10 AM
Brash Breegull

I have a wii for the same reasons as you. I decided to get a 360 a week ago and the answer to your question is yes, if you can get live. I could only get the console + 1 game, and halo 3 online is the best.
Pinkbull ~ "Okay going to an Anime convention is one of the nerdiest and weirdest things you can do. And you're afraid, even after you've gotten that far into Loserville, you're afraid of what other NERDS will think of you?"

Old 31st August 2008, 05:38 AM
Grunty's Reject

I would recommend getting a 360 simply for the great online and the fact that there are tons of other games you're sure to like. I would also avoid Halo 3 thanks to it's monotonous, buggy, and whiny 12 year old filled online environment. Some great games would be: Viva PiƱata (duh), Ace Combat 6, Lost Planet, Kameo, Overlord, Geometry Wars, Mass Effect, Bioshock, The Orange Box, Oblivion, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and many other things I can't think of now. You're sure to find something.

Old 31st August 2008, 09:04 AM
Brash Breegull

i dont have my headset on so i cant hear the whiny 12 year olds
Pinkbull ~ "Okay going to an Anime convention is one of the nerdiest and weirdest things you can do. And you're afraid, even after you've gotten that far into Loserville, you're afraid of what other NERDS will think of you?"

Old 31st August 2008, 10:21 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Vile View Post
yes im a devoted nintendo fan even if they dont always make the best of games.
They do.
Rare too.

Old 31st August 2008, 03:07 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
No. A 360 for just banjo never ever works.

Now, if you have your eye on other games, get it. I got my 360 just for banjo and VP. Which didn't feel right.

ended up getting kameo, ace combat, command and conquer

Think about a selection of games you want before you get it

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 31st August 2008, 03:40 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
I love my xbox 360. I've got Viva Pinata, Oblivion, and GTA IV. Love 'em. I want to pre-order BK NaB even though I have both for my N64, but different strokes for different folks. The choice is ultimately yours...

Old 31st August 2008, 04:58 PM
Glowbo

There should be plenty of other additional games that might make it worth it for you though (like Kameo, Viva Pinata, and even some download-able games like the JetPac remake, and if you don't have an original Xbox, you could always get classics like Grabbed By The Ghoulies, Crimson Skies, etc.).

There's also Xbox Live, which increases the replay value of games exponentially (but costs 50 to 60 dollars a year). Lots of games have downloadable content that may or may not be worth it. If you're interested in online gaming, I'd definitely recommend the 360, but if you aren't, then I don't know what to say except it may be a hit or miss.

Old 1st September 2008, 04:07 AM
Jinjo

Well I've got a 360 and Wii, but there's not a lot going for the Wii at the moment. My fav games on the 360 are Viva Pinata, The Orange Box, Mass Effect, Castle Crashers, Rock Band, and Halo 3. If you save your money, there are plenty of great games to buy! Fable 2 and Fallout 3 (From makers of Oblivian) are coming too.

Last edited by Dudz; 1st September 2008 at 04:12 AM.

Old 1st September 2008, 06:18 AM
Glowbo

I got a ps3,wii, and xbox 360 and for ps3.. i traded in all of my games basically haha.. because xbox 360 is so much better and for the wii ..kung fu panda.. super mario galaxy,wii sports, deca sports,mario kart wii, wii zapper... and grand finale: xbox 360.. gta 4,halo 3,viva pinata,viva pinata party animals,burnout paradise, call of duty 4.. I plan on buying vp tip,bz nab,fallout3,farcry 2,cod waw... thats basically it but, if i want to.. i needa find a job bc i used the money to buy my previous stuff from the job I had .. anyone have anything to tell me about farcry series? it looks awesome but im curious

Old 1st September 2008, 08:26 AM
Brash Breegull

banjo, halo, fable, gta *drools*

Old 2nd September 2008, 08:01 AM
Grunty's Reject

This is all i can say "Get a 360 or get out" You need to buy one...
Cause if you don't then you hate Rare, You don't Hate Rare do you?
Buy a 360 or you hate Rare, Vote yes for prop 10.

Old 2nd September 2008, 10:26 PM
Glowbo

Honestly, i never really saw the point of buying a wii in the first place. Ever since GC, nintendo has gone downhill. I was a die-hard nintendo fan when i got my gamecube, then a year later, i was already sick of it, and bought an xbox. then a few months later, i got xbox live, and well let's just say, Im an xbox guy now

But seriously the only games worth buying a Wii for are; Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Brawl. (brawl being the only one with multiplayer that actually lasts longer than a week.)

But for 360, where pretty much every game on it (well, at least the ones that actually matter) have online functionality, and there are ALOT of great games on it, with a lot of variety. Its not just 'the same old' FPS's that same people say they are. So, rant over, in short, buy a 360

Tags
bk3, worth buying?

User Tag List