Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 22nd October 2006, 08:09 PM
Dingpot

Wait...if Grunty and Blackeye were married/sworn enemiesthen i guess a baer did steal his glory... hmmm. I guess that could be it, but what abut the other two sayings? I forgot what they are, but they ight also relate to that...

Old 22nd October 2006, 09:58 PM
Jinjo

one of ther was: i was in this fine game

Old 24th October 2006, 01:41 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
Possibly the first idea Rare had, "Dream". But what if he was supposed to be in BK?

Old 24th October 2006, 09:44 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
y'know, despite mad monster mansion, blackeye never really struck me as evil. more of.... a depressed, possible misguided man.

Old 25th October 2006, 04:48 PM
Brash Breegull

Or a drunken sailor, Rare might of had ideas for him on RBB.

Old 25th October 2006, 07:17 PM
Dingpot

I thought he was to be in Dream and BK.

Old 25th October 2006, 10:04 PM
Brash Breegull

Dream yes, BK no. But that's my thought, I think he could of been in it.

Old 25th October 2006, 10:11 PM
Dingpot

thats what I meant. I guess I forgot the word "Supposed"...My bad...Again... Tired of work.

Old 25th October 2006, 11:05 PM
Brash Breegull

Oh, well me and my team haven't worked anything up yet so far.

Old 8th November 2006, 09:36 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Smile I am pretty sure that Mumbo was married to Gruntilda

I am pretty sure that Mumbo was married to Gruntilda. If you remember when you got a gameover in Banjo-Kazooie, Gruntilda would be switching um... beauty with Tooty and after The new hot Gruntilda came out Mumbo came with a flower and said Quote " Grunty nice, come back to Mumbo's skull, Yes?" I am not trying to be picky or anything... Maybe they were roomates... MAYBE... No then he would be a warlock...

Old 8th November 2006, 10:10 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodynamics
I am pretty sure that Mumbo was married to Gruntilda. If you remember when you got a gameover in Banjo-Kazooie, Gruntilda would be switching um... beauty with Tooty and after The new hot Gruntilda came out Mumbo came with a flower and said Quote " Grunty nice, come back to Mumbo's skull, Yes?" I am not trying to be picky or anything... Maybe they were roomates... MAYBE... No then he would be a warlock...
Actually, according to the manual (I think it was the manual ...), Mumbo was a former teacher of Gruntilda's, then she betrayed him and turned his head into a skull. If that's the case, then I'm not sure how Mumbo would fall in love with Grunty at the end if she betrayed him before ... but I'm not sure how his head can still be a skull in Tooie either if it was supposed to return to normal when Grunty was overthrown, which she was, so ... yeah, that's probably a plot mistake on Rare's part.

P_L for Registered User

Old 8th November 2006, 11:06 PM
Dingpot

Exclamation Dun-Dun-DUNNNN!!! a non-sns realted blackeye theory!

I just had this idea...i don't know much about the people at rare, or the history of dream...but could Blackeye be a impersonation of a rare employee? That just came to me...i mean think about it---a bear stole my glory, i had a dream once---that could be the characterization of the person who came up with the dream idea, but then got his glory taken away by a bear and bird game....i dunno, that was just a thought, sorry if it's been said before.

Old 8th November 2006, 11:53 PM
Jinjo

i saw somewhere that when blackeye said "dream"
-remember that banjo kazooie was project dream-
he was in banjo kazooie

and another one of my theries
rare wanted to freak poeple out by putting the ending photos of bk in a room with a drunkin pirate that says weird things

Old 9th November 2006, 10:34 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Sorry...

Quote:
Orginally Posted by P_L
Actually, according to the manual (I think it was the manual ...), Mumbo was a former teacher of Gruntilda's, then she betrayed him and turned his head into a skull. If that's the case, then I'm not sure how Mumbo would fall in love with Grunty at the end if she betrayed him before ... but I'm not sure how his head can still be a skull in Tooie either if it was supposed to return to normal when Grunty was overthrown, which she was, so ... yeah, that's probably a plot mistake on Rare's part.
Yeah... Now that you mention it, it sounds kinda familiar... It's been years since I read the manual... When Banjo-Kazooie first came out I was much younger, and really didn't care about keeping that stuff together, and I lost the manual... I will never forgive myself for that...

Old 9th November 2006, 10:48 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodynamics
Yeah... Now that you mention it, it sounds kinda familiar... It's been years since I read the manual... When Banjo-Kazooie first came out I was much younger, and really didn't care about keeping that stuff together, and I lost the manual... I will never forgive myself for that...
Don't beat yourself up about it - Rare sometimes doesn't seem to have kept it all together themselves, if you look closely at the game. Banjo-Kazooie's plot only remains free of holes for about 3 minutes. Then we find out after the game's intro that even though there is a very prominent picture of Bottles the mole in Banjo's house, he has never met him before. Lots of inconsistencies in that game ...
The stuff about Mumbo being Grunty's former teacher is never so much as referenced outside the manual, as a matter of fact.

P_L for Registered User