Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Archive > Hell's Forum

Hell's Forum Ten contestants battle it out for a single moderator position on the toughest, most grueling forum out there!

Old 25th October 2009, 11:55 AM
Rarewitch Hero

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter 
Week 5 - Results

Sorry for the delayed results, I was busy with the podcast.

We asked our contestants to write a fictional news story for the front page of the main site. We gave them a brief bit of information and expected them to expand on it and make it their own. Below are the submitted articles, with bolded corrections.

Danny Trabajo
This was probably the most direct article which consequently was the shortest. It seems like Danny has studied the previous articles and opted for a 'discuss on the forums' approach at the end.
Quote:
Details have emerged from Rare that they are working on a brand new Banjo game, specifically designed to utilise Natal. Speaking to Kotaku, Gregg Mayles confirmed that the project exists and will be Rare's first game to use Microsoft's motion control device. He did not clarify how Natal will be implemented, however did confirm that the game was a return to the platforming style of the original games following the poor sales of Nuts and Bolts.

We asked Rare for further comment but they were unable to reveal any more about the project, which is speculated to be released in time for Winter 2010. When further details do emerge, you'll hear them here first.

How do you feel about the news? Are you happy Banjo is scrapping the vehicles in favour of traditional platforming? How do you think Natal would be best utilised? Feel free to discuss the issue on the forums.
IbanzerIceFAIL
This was a more imaginitive article which gave the reader a lot to think about in regards to the potential of the game. We replaced the beginning of the 3rd paragraph which originally started with Rare because it was a repitition of the previous paragraph.
Quote:
Imagine being a bear. Imagine being able to walk and move like a bear. Imagine having the strength of a bear. Well, you won't have to imagine for much longer.

Rare have just announced that they will be working on a new Banjo game, and not just any Banjo game. Plans are that the game will be using Natal, allowing players to actually act as the bear...and bird of course.

The Twycross developer hasn't released any proper details as of yet, but has mentioned that it will be returning back to the old school Banjo platforming days, which will please many old fans.

One thing that is sure to be on the minds of the fans is the potential storyline. With Grunty being stuck in LOG's factory for an eternity, who will be Banjo's new nemesis? Will Bottles become evil in a shock-horror plot twist? Will Boss Boom Box piece himself back together to terrorise Spiral Mountain? Will Tootie ever make a return? So many questions to be asked, with so little information being given.

How will a new Banjo game work with Natal? Imagine leaning over backwards and bending your legs at awkward angles to imitate the Talon Trot, or lying on your couch, flapping your arms up and down to fly! The possibilities are limitless, and knowing Rare, that means some crazy stuff is probably in store for us fans.

Keep an eye on the RWP. We'll keep you updated as more information is released!
greatman3388
I didn't like the blog style opening to this article, but with that out the way I liked how the article delivered the main news then deviated slightly with a mini game history, later reinforcing the main purpose of the article. There's even a little humour at the end, poking fun at the massive delay between the last two games.
Quote:
I am proud to relay this information to you; Rare has announced that they're making a Banjo game using Microsoft's new Project Natal technology. If that wasn't enough, they also said that it will return to its platforming roots!

When Nuts and Bolts was released, there was much conflict among the Banjo fans. It seems half liked the new vehicle-based challenges, while the other half longed for a more, traditional platforming style. Rare certainly did take a leap with this new vehicle idea, and it seemed to do moderately well. Nuts and Bolts received rather good reviews. "Nothing outstanding, but a good buy if you get the chance." is what most reviewers said.

On the flip side, when Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie was released by a mostly unknown company to the masses by the name of Rareware, it really took off. Kazooie and Tooie received multiple outstanding reviews, and even challenged the platform ruler, Mario in Super Mario 64. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are perceived as the best platform games of all time, by Rare fans.

With The announcement that Rare will be using Microsoft's Natal technology, and that it will be returning to its platforming roots is sure to excite many. Paying homage to the first two games, Banjo-Fourie (Tentative title, courtesy of the Rare Witch Project forums) will be interesting to follow through it's development process.

As the #1 place to get all your Rare information, we will provide updates on this matter the second new information is released, all the way to release day and onward.

Here's to hoping this one won't take ten years to make!
You may notice that there are some articles missing. Minjo and Ice Lightning didn't do anything so they are cut from the competition. With just three contestants left, we really are separating the men from the boys. Because of the two eliminations this week, and because of the multi layered challenges we've have planned, it just means we'll have to cram them into the remaining weeks, so it's more work for you guys.

As for the two forums, they should still be continually moderated for the remainder of the competition.

Congratulations to our final three. Danny Trabajo, IbanezerIceFAIL and greatman3388

Old 25th October 2009, 12:20 PM
Emergency Medical Hologram

Total Awards: 9
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
And the results were...?

Old 25th October 2009, 12:27 PM
Rarewitch Hero

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter 
http://www.specsavers.co.uk/?gclid=C...FVBd4wodpGwtrA

Quote:
Minjo and Ice Lightning didn't do anything so they are cut from the competition

Old 25th October 2009, 12:56 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Haha yeeeah sort of got my days a bit mixed up there, oh well it was a busy week and ended up as a car crash week overall, literally. Ended up crashing the car just a little bit on Thursday so was a bit pre-occupied with other things.

Ohh well competition was all in good fun and I'd been thinking similar things to Tanjo, Avarice and Minjo for a while now especially since I don't visit half the forums or threads in AAG wouldn't exactly be the best suited for a mod position. I just don't like to give up until I accidentally give up apparently. Hmm just sorry I let Danny down in the last round for the team but good luck to you three left, can see any of you being great if you were chosen but I know who've I've got my eye on to win overall, have had since the beginning

Old 25th October 2009, 03:46 PM
Retired

Total Awards: 11
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Hmm, I don't know how I feel about the three left, and which would be the best mod. Time will tell, I suppose.

Old 25th October 2009, 05:11 PM
Emergency Medical Hologram

Total Awards: 9
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Mario View Post
I thought they were just kicked out for doing bugger-all.

Old 25th October 2009, 06:35 PM
And re-eat sass

Total Awards: 23
You're Appreciated! Game On Reminiscence Rarity RWP Donator 
Oops, made some embarrassing mistakes in my one. Tough luck to Minjo and Ice Lighting, you were great opponents (and lovers).

Old 25th October 2009, 06:43 PM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
Danny and Ibanezer: Best of luck to the both of you guys. Its been an honor competing, and I never thought I'd get this far. Even more surprising is that Ice Lightning is cut. If anything, I thought he would be one of the people to beat me.

All in all, this week may have had an odd turn of events with two eliminations (again) but that means we'll be done by early November is all goes on schedule. Once again, I wish you two the best of luck.

Old 25th October 2009, 07:05 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Interesting...these three are good members, but not the type of people I considered to be moderators.

They have always been relatively high up and looked upon, but idk, something will be very out of place when I see one of their names change colour. :/

Other than that, the articles weren't bad. I felt that they weren't as organic as they could have been, due to their development being solely for competition purposes, but oh well, that's life.

And Ice Lightning's departure upsets me. Without offense to the other three, I really considered him to be mod-worthy.

Well, there's my take on things. They all deserve it, but I just don't know if it's the right choice.

EDIT: Oh dear, this sounds like something CoolJosh would write D:

Old 25th October 2009, 07:43 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Hmm, in my application for Hell's Forum I answered to the question 'who would you like to see becoming the new moderator other than yourself' I voted Danny. I still mostly have that opinion.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 25th October 2009, 08:08 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Aww cheers for that people, disappointed myself too but oh well those three can definitely do a great job themselves, no worries there at all.
Just somehow I got it into my head the deadline was 9/10pm on Saturday instead, was just about to start the tasks when I realised it was a day late. Lol typical of me though, not surprised

Last edited by Ice Lightning; 25th October 2009 at 08:45 PM.

Old 25th October 2009, 08:10 PM
Retired

Total Awards: 11
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Actually, for the sake of irony, I now support IbanzerIceFAIL.

Old 25th October 2009, 09:15 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I think Greatman is my choice. I think I pissed him off though. lol

Old 25th October 2009, 11:28 PM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
Yay, my first supporter.

Old 26th October 2009, 02:27 AM
DJ Jamjars