Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: should stop n swap finally be revealed after 10 years,or should it remain a mystery
yes, its been 10 years, its time it was revealed 74 76.29%
no, ive enjoyed the mystery and theorys surrounding it 23 23.71%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th July 2008, 06:48 PM
Glowbo

Should stop n swop finally be revealed?

should stop n swop finally be revealed or should it stay as one of gamings greatest mysteries to wonder on?

i personally think its time for it all to be revealed in nuts and bolts, its been 10 years now, i was 12 or 13 when mumbo first showed us them pictures at the end of bk, im now 22, so i feel like the child in me is finally getting an answer to this burning question...how do i get those eggs and ice key.

Last edited by pabby; 15th July 2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: wanted to say my opinion

Old 15th July 2008, 06:59 PM
Most Improved Member ('08 - '09)

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
It's the world's biggest gaming secret, it shouldn't be revealed. EVER.

Old 15th July 2008, 07:04 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
I think they should. We've had 10years of the mystery, now it;s just we've found everything and there is nothing else so it;s just like "So it was beta stuff, theres nothing now...Now we don't know the answer AND the mystery has gone..."

Old 15th July 2008, 08:04 PM
Hello Sadness

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
whatever happens, it won't be THE stop n swop, it'll be different, it won't be the same SnS we've been trying to find for 10 years. Either way, i like the mystery and i can see a decline in the site after it's revealed

Old 15th July 2008, 08:23 PM
Clanker

I am on the fence I would liketo but then all the magic is gone

Old 15th July 2008, 08:25 PM
Glowbo

i dont think there will be a decline in this site, if enything its gunna even be more popular than ever before, once banjo has envaded the 360, new fans are gunna wanna know about banjo origins, and wut all this fuss was about sns, the new fans are proberly gunna try and solve the original sns with the old n64 games themselves. huh i bet they solve it aswell. lol

Last edited by pabby; 15th July 2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: im crap at grammer

Old 15th July 2008, 08:26 PM
Glowbo

In a way I want it to be revealed but what after that? We'd just be like "oh so that's it... Well what now?" There wouldn't be any more mystery and BK and BT would just seem to lack the magic they had. So I say no.

Old 15th July 2008, 08:27 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
I would rather Stop & Swop to stay unrevealed and for us to theorize about it. It's one of those gaming mysteries that should never be revealed, especially after 10 years.

We have a basic idea surrounding how the feature would have carried on. So in my opinion the feature should always remain a secret. Unless it's redone and used in Nuts & Bolts.

Old 15th July 2008, 08:30 PM
Glowbo

It shouldn't be revealed because then it's like "ok that's it sooooo what now???" and it wont be any fun anymore...

Old 15th July 2008, 08:33 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by *dani.disaster* View Post
It shouldn't be revealed because then it's like "ok that's it sooooo what now???" and it wont be any fun anymore...
Plus, I imagine there would be number of members from this forum leaving. I wouldn't be one of them however, but it definitely would occur.

Old 15th July 2008, 08:36 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
i think the stop n swop that was made for connectivity between the n64 games should be revealed, not a whole new one for the xbox live arcade.

who knows though. maybe the secrets the xbox version unlocks will give hints or maybe even flat out admissions as to what to do to achieve it on n64...

Old 15th July 2008, 09:21 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
no
see here http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...ad.php?t=18485

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 15th July 2008, 10:51 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby View Post
i dont think there will be a decline in this site, if enything its gunna even be more popular than ever before, once banjo has envaded the 360, new fans are gunna wanna know about banjo origins, and wut all this fuss was about sns, the new fans are proberly gunna try and solve the original sns with the old n64 games themselves. huh i bet they solve it aswell. lol
how can you think that the mystery of sns will die out out, theirs gunna be a whole new generation of bk fans out there now, once they play nuts an bolts and bkla. Whom have no idea about stop n swap and what it is/was. But as i said above they will discover it through nuts n bolts, and new fans will wanna know about how sns came about, the concept, how it originated and most of all they will wanna try and solve sns through the original n64 bk, bt and dk64 carts themselves.
There gunna be as passionate if not more than we were 5,6,7 years ago to pieace the original sns pieces together for n64 games.and they proberly will solve it aswell. Rare have always shown there frustration in the past with people asking them what is sns, what does it do ,how can i get those items, is there a way to swap ,etc, etc...
but rare are gunna shoot themselves in the foot, cos by reintroducing sns through nuts and bolts and bkxbla they are gunna re-open this sns kettle of fish to a lot bigger audiance than 10 years ago. a whole new generation of soon to be bk fans are gunna want answers and rare are proberly gunna experiance deja-vu this time next year.

And you think you'll see decline in this site. I bet this time next year there will be hundreds n hundreds on here all wunting to the mystery that is the original sns.

Old 15th July 2008, 11:37 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I really think it should. I've been dying to know what was going to happen for these last ten years. PLUS, I'm almost positive NaB will arise another mystery with BanjoLand and all that. aslo, some things just have to die. But when some things die, new things are arisen.

Old 16th July 2008, 07:02 AM
Missing Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
YES!!!
I want to know if Bottles' Revenge would be unlocked via SNS and if SNS Whiteboard is joke or clue (was there secret level in BK or BT?) and what location was RSA...

Last edited by BanjoPL; 16th July 2008 at 07:11 AM.