Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 12th September 2008, 10:11 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

Total Awards: 1
RWP Donator 
Thumbs up *New* Ending Scene Of Banjo Kazooie?

So I've been wondering about this for a bit, but haven't seen an ounce of discussion about it. Does anyone think that Rare is going to, or has already, changed the ending sequence/scenes of Banjo Kazooie a bit to either exclude Mumbo and his 'mysterious stop and swop' pictures, or that they have changed them around a bit?

I am actually contemplating that they changed it around a bit to say something along the lines of 'Bear and bird missed stuff...must play new game in order to get it. Then come and talk to me in new game and I show you how they work' or something along those lines.
What does everyone think?

Old 12th September 2008, 10:46 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
that seems plausable.

Finally, a theory that makes sense.

Old 12th September 2008, 11:05 PM
Grunty's Reject

Basic Forum Rules 
Well, I guess. Though it seems more likely that they're just porting BK, then adding changes to it.

Old 12th September 2008, 11:09 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I suppose that would happen. Wouldn't make sense if mumbo told you to find them in Banjo Tooie if the items are now meant for Nuts N Bolts.

Old 13th September 2008, 12:10 AM
On DKVine

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Wiki-Master Rarity Awesome Default Medal 
^This

Old 13th September 2008, 12:29 AM

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos Aurion View Post
Well, I guess. Though it seems more likely that they're just porting BK, then adding changes to it.
1 - No, it doesnt seem that likely, an entire seperate studio was hired to take on the remake of Banjo Kazooie for XBLA, not a port, a REMAKE. This isn't wii virtual console people, this is XBLA. The game has recieved alot of new, higher resolution textures, some new models, standard xbox live integration and displays natively in widescreen.

Point being, this has already been more than confirmed to be much more than a port, so given that information, its very UNLIKELY that its just a port.

2 - It's been confirmed that stop n swop integration lies between BK and Nuts and Bolts now. Newcomers to the franchise will find it confusing if Mumbo prompts you to unlock these items via Banjo Tooie.

3 - It's also been confirmed that all nintendo logos have been replaced with Microsoft Games Studio logos, so it's not strange at all that they would make other minor changes to the game.

Old 13th September 2008, 12:33 AM
Brash Breegull

Viva PiƱata Mastery 
I think the pictures will be towards n&b at the end

Old 13th September 2008, 12:38 AM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
I actually wasn't completely sure about the fact that they remade it, but now that you say that, I'm even more convinced they will take out the original Tooie pictures ending..or something along those lines.

In fact, this might be reason to believe there might be some other interesting changes us die hard fans will notice that other newcomers might not completely pick up on the first time around. That really gets me excited to do a complete play through of this before playing Nuts and Bolts now though!

Old 13th September 2008, 12:38 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
They won't change the visuals if they do in fact change anything at all. The text will more than likely just mention Nuts and Bolts and the fact that Stop and swop will actually work this time.

Old 13th September 2008, 12:48 AM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T View Post
They won't change the visuals if they do in fact change anything at all. The text will more than likely just mention Nuts and Bolts and the fact that Stop and swop will actually work this time.
That's what I figured, but more and more I'm hearing about a few improved models in the game. I don't think they plan on making ALL of the game have awesome and better graphics, but since they are remaking it anyways, it's not going to surprise me if they at least made the main characters have smoother textures and less choppy movement...

Old 13th September 2008, 12:56 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTurnbull272
I actually wasn't completely sure about the fact that they remade it, but now that you say that, I'm even more convinced they will take out the original Tooie pictures ending..or something along those lines.
They don't really need to remove the pictures. Instead, they could just change Mumbo's text around to say that the items can be unlocked from BK N&B instead of Tooie.

If they want though, they could add or remove a few other things as well.

Old 13th September 2008, 01:03 AM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
They don't really need to remove the pictures. Instead, they could just change Mumbo's text around to say that the items can be unlocked from BK N&B instead of Tooie.

If they want though, they could add or remove a few other things as well.
Actually, I think what my first post said was a good idea of what might happen. Just leave in the original pictures and stuff, and instead of saying they have to wait until Tooie to come out, it will say they need to play Nuts and Bolts to find out how to get the secrets and to come back when they've figured it out...

Old 13th September 2008, 01:18 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
That's what I think as well...

Old 13th September 2008, 01:25 AM

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T View Post
your wrong, they did change the visuals, every texture is now a higher resolution, the game is optimized for 720p widescreen, it goes at a much higher framerate, and to accomadate the higher frame rate, the textures on some models have been enhanced and the animations have been touched up for high definition.

As for adding new visuals or changing physical parts of the game, that is highly unlikely.

The text will almost positively be altered.

Old 13th September 2008, 08:01 AM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Just out of curiosity, where did you see that some of the models were going to be enhanced? I've definitely seen the stuff about the higher resolutions, widescreen, and higher framerate. It's supposed to come out a couple weeks before Nuts and Bolts right? So it should be out in another month and a couple weeks I'd assume...not that long.