Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 21st September 2011, 01:25 AM
Glowbo

tell me a story anytime

Old 22nd September 2011, 04:12 AM
Glowbo

Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me

During the first few days of the release of Pokemon Red and Green in Japan, back in February 27, 1996, a peak of deaths appeared in the age group of 10-15.

The children were usually found dead through suicide, usually hanging or jumping from heights. However, some were more odd. A few cases were reported sawing off thier limbs, others sticking thier faces in ovens, and choked to death with an arm down the throat.

The few children that were saved before suicide showed sporadic behaviour. When asked why they wanted to hurt themselves, they answered in chaotic screams and scrathed at thier own eyes. They didn't respond when showed a gameboy, but more screams when Pokemon Red or Green started up, and try to exit the room.

The cartridges were sealed away as evidence. (Im not copypasting this it hurts) They contacted the producer, Satoshi Tajiri, who was uneasy when told of the deaths surrounding the games. The lead programmer was less uneasy, but more kept. he explained a game cant' kill, but told there were rumors about the present-day Lavender town Syndrome. The lead musciscian had nothing to hide, and allowed the detectives to hear the music, to no ill effect. For further evidence, they played the games. Every game had onepokemon and little game time, showing Lavener town couldn't have done it. They went back to the programmers and found out that a proggremmer named Chiro Miura had done suicide shortly after the production of the game. Chiro had provided very little for the game and had requestedhis name not show in the credits.

Looking through Chiro's notes, they found "Do not enter," "Watch out," and "COME FOLLOW ME!"

Gonna take a break. Thoughts so far?

Old 22nd September 2011, 04:35 PM
Formerly itmightbenayib

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! Mystery Three Mystery Two Chatterbox RWP Podcast 
I've officially lost the knowledge of the point of this thread.

CreepyPasta is stupid. Goodbye.

Old 22nd September 2011, 08:32 PM
Formerly Spyke4995

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
Why is this thread I never even I mean what.

I'm tired, I laughed when he posted the Come Follow Me thing suddenly. :/

Old 14th October 2011, 01:45 AM
Glowbo

Tell me MORE!!!!!!!!!! Pretty interesting.

EDIT: I've lost my interest. Fake. Thanks people for slapping me into my senses.

Last edited by zekrom; 14th October 2011 at 07:55 PM.

Old 14th October 2011, 05:25 PM
Funk Soul Brother

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Oh my god, really? Like, this is still a thing that people believe? Really?

First off, where's the evidence? I haven't seen a single police report or even a news report about people dying from the Lavender Town theme or anything similar, the only legit news phenomenon that happened regarding Pokemon was the porygon episode of the show. The story originated on the internet with no valid sources backing it up, almost as though... it was made up?????

That's why you'll hear plenty of variations of the story. The most popular one is that in the original games produced before 19XX had a high pitched tone in the Lavender Town theme only able to be heard by small children (explaining why adults couldn't test it on themselves and see the same results) causing them to commit suicide or die or whatever the hell you want to believe.

This is just one of those things that crept up on 4chan most likely, much like the Mickey Mouse one and Squidward staring INTO YOUR SOUL before killing himself, and hasn't stop spreading no matter how many people go "but where's the evidence?".

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lavend...a#.TphiBt4Uqso

There's a bunch of stuff on the retarded troll happy creepypasta. Yes, the image conversion thing is fake. Enjoy.

Old 14th October 2011, 05:35 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
Dude, it's ALL fake.
Lost Silver, Black, Lavender Town Tone, Glitchlett, all of it.
Except that they actually made Lost Silver because of the creepypasta, and are working on Black.

Old 14th October 2011, 05:38 PM
Funk Soul Brother

INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Yeah, it's just amazing people actually still believe it. Feels like I'm 13 again, damn.

Old 14th October 2011, 09:36 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 3
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence 
I actually know a girl who made me listen to DA ORIGINAL LAVENDER TOWN TONE and then claimed that it made her nauseous every time she heard it and gave her nightmares and she heard voices in her head because of it and told me she wanted to do our sophomore science fair over it.

Even though in the creepypasta itself says only kids under twelve or thirteen can hear it and also it's ing fake but every time I try to tell her it's just the power of suggestion she gets so asspained she cries.

I don't really like her.

Old 15th October 2011, 12:21 AM
Formerly Spyke4995

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
I don't know, I rather liked the Lavender Town music.

But then I remembered.

It's just a song in a game.

Old 15th October 2011, 01:23 PM
Funk Soul Brother

http://bawwbot.net/pix/9.jpg

User Tag List