Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 26th June 2014, 03:14 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terp View Post
How goes this? Been a while since someone posted here; had to fight my way through seven inches of dust.
Been at a real stalemate with progress to be honest.

But I just recently got that Game Character Hub software for RPG Maker through the humble bundle and think I am going to give this the honorable revamp and graphical overhaul it deserves so I can make something myself and all of you will really enjoy.

I've been buying a lot of resources and software things specifically for RPG Maker lately so I am good to get back to this and doing it right.

If Duke Nukem Forever made it. So can I.

Old 26th June 2014, 05:11 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
I am sure that whatever comes out of this will be a AAAA big-budget RPG rivaling the best JRPGs Square and Atlus have to offer, with more moral complexity than Shin Megami Tensei, and way more hot waifus to romance than the award-winning GOTY Conception: Please Have My Children!

Last edited by The Colonel; 26th June 2014 at 05:16 AM.

Old 28th July 2014, 05:57 PM
Bunnycomb

I feel painfully conflicted. Both Pinkbull and Madous were going to claim spots as the malignant and villainous forces in this story.

I question if Pinkbull still wants part int it. Anyone with contact with the guy mind asking him?

Wouldn't want to if he's not okay with it. As for YKaz he's still gonna be referenced fairly because.

Woke up energized and been jotting up some story notes and dialogue bits.

Old 7th November 2014, 04:33 PM
Best New Member ('13 - 14)

*le bump*

Old 8th November 2014, 05:45 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terp View Post
*le bump*
I have actually been talking this over with Frankie and need to get on this.

My main problem was I had so many inconsistencies with graphics and sound and such. Using so many mixed resources. But over the last month or so I made enough money off of Digital Art Commissions I was able to afford some REALLY NICE music and tile resources I plan to use and try to rework the graphics.

My biggest thing was. I wanted to do custom graphics for each user's character and stuff and I think now that I have these resources and Game Character Hub to do the sprites I can get on this. I'm also now using a scripted battle system that isn't front-view entirely but has a sort of Lufia or Mother 3 one where you can see the sprites facing upwards at foes and attack them accordingly and so on. I'll try and use Bandicam and record some stuff I made of them since I recently discovered I can use Bandicam to record RPG Maker stuff.

I also have been working on my Survival Horror Game Project moreso now to so that's where my attention has been. This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFU6...io4FToFMz-Uihg (Pardon the typos and such. Older Test Recording.)

Old 13th November 2014, 01:29 AM
The Redemption Award '10 - '11

Total Awards: 2
Rarity INFECTED - B1K1 
Your survival horror game looks good but I find the whole "typing?" the dialogue boxes sort of obnoxious. Perhaps make a sinister plink at the end to close the box and switch to the next and make the "typing?" just have no sound at all.

Old 16th November 2014, 07:55 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gobi View Post
Your survival horror game looks good but I find the whole "typing?" the dialogue boxes sort of obnoxious. Perhaps make a sinister plink at the end to close the box and switch to the next and make the "typing?" just have no sound at all.
That was a very early version build. I'm reworking the sounds. That was just a simple White Noise sound done with the NES Soundfont in FL Studio.

Retro Sound Engineering is fun. <3

User Tag List