Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 20th May 2009, 03:01 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemega32 View Post
Possibly inaccurate? Why would you assume that?

It's an article from Nintendo Power, with info from the beta game...
Sometimes magazines make up or add in their own words and descriptions as filler. You'll notice in the beta screenshot they showed Tooty was in it and not Piccolo and it wasn't necessarily a park, and didn't match up to what they were saying, which leads to the thought that parts of it could very well be inaccurate.

If you were being sarcastic, I can't see it in your sentence

Old 20th May 2009, 06:49 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo-Korezooie View Post
Sometimes magazines make up or add in their own words and descriptions as filler. You'll notice in the beta screenshot they showed Tooty was in it and not Piccolo and it wasn't necessarily a park, and didn't match up to what they were saying, which leads to the thought that parts of it could very well be inaccurate.

And who's to say that Piccolo didn't use the same model as Tooty? Especially considering this article was from before the plot was changed to include Tooty...

And what do you mean it wasn't necessarily a park?

That's not just filler, that would be making up an entire intro to the game, which I really doubt NP would do...

I am the Cl :eek: nemaster!!!!

Old 20th May 2009, 07:27 AM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
And who's to say that Piccolo didn't use the same model as Tooty? Especially considering this article was from before the plot was changed to include Tooty...

And what do you mean it wasn't necessarily a park?

That's not just filler, that would be making up an entire intro to the game, which I really doubt NP would do...
I highly doubt Piccolo and Tooty had the same character model, considering the model in that picture looked exactly like the finalized Tooty model and not like the original concept art for Piccolo, but we'll never know for sure.

Nintendo Power called the intro location a park, and that was probably just the article writer's wording, and not official beta information. I was just using that as an example that the article wasn't necessarily 100% accurate. Another quick example would be that you'll notice Nintendo Power states "It SEEMS that Banjo's true sweetheart is Piccolo", as if they were analyzing the information, and not just announcing it (I would assume the whole article is from this prospective).

Or, it could mean that Nintendo Power assumed Tooty was Piccolo and vaguely described how she gets kidnapped.

Last edited by Banjo-Korezooie; 20th May 2009 at 07:37 AM.

Old 20th May 2009, 07:09 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
I highly doubt Piccolo and Tooty had the same character model, considering the model in that picture looked exactly like the finalized Tooty model and not like the original concept art for Piccolo, but we'll never know for sure.

Nintendo Power called the intro location a park, and that was probably just the article writer's wording, and not official beta information. I was just using that as an example that the article wasn't necessarily 100% accurate. Another quick example would be that you'll notice Nintendo Power states "It SEEMS that Banjo's true sweetheart is Piccolo", as if they were analyzing the information, and not just announcing it (I would assume the whole article is from this prospective).

Or, it could mean that Nintendo Power assumed Tooty was Piccolo and vaguely described how she gets kidnapped.
There's one big problem with all of this though...

This article was from BEFORE the story was changed to be about Banjo's sister....

Therefore, that would HAVE TO BE Piccolo...

NP can't get screenshots from the future...

I am the Cl :eek: nemaster!!!!

Old 20th May 2009, 08:24 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Was DK64 even in development then or am I thinking of a different fungus forest?

Also welcome to RWP.

Last edited by OldKingCoal; 20th May 2009 at 08:27 PM.

Old 21st May 2009, 12:37 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Piccolo and Tooty were the same character but had different roles.

Last edited by runehero123; 21st May 2009 at 12:40 AM.

Old 21st May 2009, 09:02 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
There's one big problem with all of this though...

This article was from BEFORE the story was changed to be about Banjo's sister....

Therefore, that would HAVE TO BE Piccolo...

NP can't get screenshots from the future...
True, but Nintendo Power could have had outdated information. I was honestly just bringing up the point-against my own theory-so somebody else wouldn't.

And thanks for clearing that up for me, Runehero. I honestly didn't find it likely that they used the same character model for both characters-even though that is a screenshot most likely before the designers changed the plot-but if anyone would know, it would be you (and Rare).

Old 21st May 2009, 10:19 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:

Nintendo Power is the offical Nintendo magizine so they know whats going down when it's going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldKingCoal View Post
Was DK64 even in development then or am I thinking of a different fungus forest?

Also welcome to RWP.
It's actully the same one.

DK64's was based off of the idea for it which was developed for Kazooie, but dropped due to time constraitns ans what-not.

Old 21st May 2009, 10:28 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
Nintendo Power is the offical Nintendo magizine so they know whats going down when it's going down.
Not necessarily. Like I said, they seemed to be observing the information, not announcing it.

Last edited by Banjo-Korezooie; 21st May 2009 at 11:40 PM.

Old 22nd May 2009, 09:15 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Not necessarily. Like I said, they seemed to be observing the information, not announcing it.

Well the Banjo Team tends to keep things under wraps. They still haven't spilled the beans on stop'n'swop, so they probably have other secrets that haven't spilled out.