Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 4th January 2019, 10:34 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I'll take a break here and let some of you catch up. This is my haul so far. I'm playing on console, so I took a blurry picture of my screen rather than take a screenshot.

Old 8th January 2019, 12:59 AM
Von Kriplespac

All I need is the longshot and another Forest Temple key and I think I can finish the game. I haven't found the boomerang yet or any BotW keys, but they might not be needed if the longshot shows up soon. Fire Temple is also missing most of the keys, but I already got the medallion there.

I found pretty much all the major items so far. If any of you are stuck, I've got the hints.

Old 9th January 2019, 05:07 PM
Alakazam Alakazam is offline 3 Highscores
クロノ・クロス ~ Another World

Total Awards: 15
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
ugh i've been neglecting this as i'm sure was expected x_x

i can't believe how fast you got so far, andy
gotta get back to my run tonight or tomorrow

for all players hoping to touch the true entertainment

Old 12th January 2019, 05:25 PM
Von Kriplespac

It ain't my first randomized rodeo. I could probably clear it in a day if I sat down and focused on it. No Logic mode is still out for me though, as I still can't do some of those fancy speedrunner tricks. Right now I'm waiting for one of you guys to be close to Ganon before I move on.

Old 12th January 2019, 09:20 PM
#1 Tech Boy

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeeeeaaaah I never actually started this and don't expect to catch up. Go on without me!

Old 15th January 2019, 05:45 AM
Von Kriplespac

In spite of my bragging, I fear I may have hit a snag. Since I took a break I forgot where exactly my progress has been, which leaves me lost as to where I might still be able to search for another Forest Temple key, the longshot, and boomerang. Technically I could skip the longshot by doing a hoverboots superslide over the gap to the Water Temple boss door. That still leaves the Forest Temple key though. I'm pretty sure I got every skulltula I can reach at the moment.
Unless I learn how to do the Forest Temple boss door skip, you might have a chance to catch up.

Old 24th January 2019, 04:53 AM
Von Kriplespac

I've been busy with work, but I got some time off now so I figured I'd give the state of the rando address.
The situation hasn't improved much yet. I've searched all the obvious spots and pretty much all the obscure ones I could think of. I've applied a few tricks to check a couple things that are most likely out of logic, but didn't find much. Next step would be to go back to all the dungeons I've cleared as well as the ones I've partially cleared and make sure I didn't just put something on the "I'll get it on the next pass" list and then forgot about it.
So far the remaining checks I know off the top of my head:
  • About three or four chests in Forest Temple, another skulltula, and the boss item: Need another key to reach them.
  • Two chests, one skulltula, and the boss item in Water Temple: Need Longshot to reach them. I can get the boss item now with a superslide or by banging a hammer against the wall, but that's out of logic so it probably won't help anyways. If I find Farore's Wind then I can get the skulltula in the center tower room by warping to the room after raising the water level, I believe this actually IS in logic too.
  • Fire Temple is still mostly walled off without another key, or several. I always hate this place because of it. In a parallel universe I could have gone deeper into the center, but I gave up that chance so I could keep the Bigoron's Sword I found. I'm pretty sure even version 3.0 shouldn't softlock you for using a key out of order here, so either Fire Temple is all junk items or I'll find another key elsewhere. I got the boss and medallion here already.
  • Jabu is still loaded with stuff I can't get because no boomerang. I got the handful of chests and that one skulltula I can get without it already. Jabu doesn't have a medallion so it's possible that boomerang is useless.
  • Deku still has one skulltula I can't get because it needs the boomerang to reach.
  • Also should just mention now, all overworld skulltulas that need boomerang are unreachable. But I'm pretty sure that's only like six I'm missing. Got all the adult overworld skulltulas. I think.
  • Shadow Temple still has a skulltula I can't reach without the longshot. It's the one next to the boat you need Scarecrow's Song for. You can't hookshot to it while the boat is passing either since you're locked in a cutscene until it's way out of range. Otherwise Shadow is 100%
  • Bottom of the Well is still missing all of it's keys, so I think that's like another three chests and two skulltulas to get there. I can get one of them now by doing a sidehop + jumpslash over a pit, but that might not be in logic which means it'll probably be junk anyways.
  • I still need two more keys I think in order to reach the center chest in Gerudo Training Grounds. I checked past both directions of the locked doors some time ago, but they were trash so I reloaded my save. I'm not sure if the extra key I got since then allows me to reach another chest, so I'll have to check again some time.
  • No longshot also means going across the desert is out. There's that stupid sand river in the way, and going the reverse is both not in logic and also a pain in the ass since I don't wanna memorize the path.
  • Fire Arrow spot is also unreachable right now since no longshot. I can get it now if I do the skip to Morpha though.

Dondongo's Cavern, Spirit Temple, and Ice Caverns are all 100% cleared. I've also got the medallions from Fire and Shadow, even though there's still some checks left in them. If I can at least reach the bosses in both Forest and Water then I can beat the game. Right now I can get the Water Temple medallion with some tricks I mentioned above. I could also maybe get the Forest Temple medallion by doing a bomb hover over to that door in the eastern garden plaza. I won't do that though since I feel like that would be cheating, and also because bomb hovering is a pain in the ass. It's probably something stupid and obvious I missed somewhere that'll have the boomerang or longshot, and then everything else will be found instantly.

Next time I should record my run so I can just ask one of you guys what I forgot. If I can make a request to any remaining explorers out there; use your Fire Temple keys to get into the center path and tell what you find.

Old 24th January 2019, 05:49 AM
Von Kriplespac

Nevermind, found the longshot, gg. It was somewhere stupid and obvious I skipped over.

Last edited by AndyNPC; 24th January 2019 at 07:37 AM.

Old 25th January 2019, 04:30 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! Random Award 
I like this idea. I may join in on this

User Tag List