Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 15th July 2008, 10:50 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Stop 'n' Swop DK64 theory/question

i got dk64 as soon as it came out and finished it shortly after that, but a few years later, i brought my n64 and a handful of multiplayer games to a lock-in at my school and some prick erased my data. i havent played it since.

but, a few weeks back, i picked it back up and started playing again, and within a day or two, i was at hideout helm. but this time, during my playthough i payed more attention to elements of the game besides beating it and getting the next golden banana such as mysterious parts unmentioned in the game.

when i was in the banana fairy island thing with tiny, i saw a large door. i forget if it was used at all in the game beyond where i am now, but if it wasnt, could this have had a connection to stop 'n' swop if dk64 was at all involved with it?

i know stop 'n' swop theories are a dime-a-dozen these days, and im not trying to come up with a new reason for people to flip, i just want to know what the door was for. thats all.

Old 15th July 2008, 11:10 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
I don't remember what the door did myself, but we have absolutely no evidence to link it to SNS.

Old 15th July 2008, 11:12 PM
Tetrapus

Either it was not used (it was texture only I think) or the
Spoiler: (highlight to view)
special banana

came out.

Old 15th July 2008, 11:15 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrapus View Post
Either it was not used (it was texture only I think) or the
Spoiler: (highlight to view)
special banana

came out.
yea, i know the fairy island is where you went to get such an item, i just dont remember if that was the use of the door.

Old 15th July 2008, 11:35 PM
Jinjo

This has no link to stop n swap the item behind the door is a giant rareware golden banana for when you get all the banana fairies it looks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOhcAUHr6Ow.

Old 16th July 2008, 12:37 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockdown47 View Post
This has no link to stop n swap the item behind the door is a giant rareware golden banana for when you get all the banana fairies it looks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOhcAUHr6Ow.
wait, we didnt just establish taht. dont worry.

Old 16th July 2008, 12:46 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I dont think DK64 had anything to do with stop n swop. Sure the two games had pictures of each other in the betas but they were both made by the same company around the same time. Also you might say abut the ICE KEY in the code for Donkey Kong but they could have ment anything by a key. Like when you do this it's a key to sequence the next part of the game. Well, thats what I think

Old 16th July 2008, 12:50 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
Well one manifestation of SNS (that may have existed, in one form or another, or not) DID have to do with DK64...

Tags
donkey kong 64, questioning, stop 'n' swop, theory