Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: Dis sheet fo' real mofo?
YA RLY 22 26.83%
NO WAI 60 73.17%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th August 2007, 05:33 PM
Jinjo

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox 
Just becuase it has a name doesn't mean anything.

Just because I call a donut a bagel doesn't make it a bagel, its still a donut.

Just because teh text says tower, doesn't mean its the transformation room or anything higher up.

Old 9th August 2007, 05:45 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Oh, jeez, I firmly thought this was a Ridiculously Stupid Alteration of the original room in Gruntilda's lair, but the more you guys look at the picture and point things out about it, the more and more possibly real it starts looking... I won't say it's absolutely real yet; we've all had too much experience following what looks like it'll lead to something but doesn't. But now I'm skeptical about its authenticity rather than convinced.

Old 9th August 2007, 06:25 PM
Jinjo

Well, I think the first thing that needs to happen is that BanjoArt should tell us where this picture is from.

It looks to me like he found it on a website or something. If we could find the person who took/shopped the picture, we'll be able to get a few more answers. For me, the most convincing evidence that this thing is real is the torn picture mentioned above. That's just genius for a photoshop, if fake.

For what it's worth, it's too early to call this out as fake or real, but there's some convincing evidence on the real side of things.

Old 9th August 2007, 07:07 PM
Jinjo

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox 
Its through imageshack, so it could be from anyone.

Old 9th August 2007, 07:12 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
When was the last time something like this happened? That actually got the biggest of skeptics to start wondering.

Old 9th August 2007, 07:23 PM
The Last Gunslinger

INFECTED - B1K1 
I was thinking it looked real, but the boulders... look afful. They don't begin to even look like boulders. All the rest, belivable, but the boulders look like it was cut from the wall and pasted, it's the same design from the walls. If that wasn't so obvious, I'd actually start beliving. But it's lookin' pretty fake now.

Old 9th August 2007, 08:26 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj
its not the RSA!! If its anything it would be the tower room. But like I said before, the tower is most proberly the transformation chamber. I doubt rare would put 2 hidden areas of grunty's lair in the game!
Well, think ssj, if there actually is a tower room, and we haven't found a warp to it yet, isn't it possible that we can still get to the tower room via Grunty's old lair? Something tells me, that once inside that area of the lair, since the boulder is blocking the area to TTC and CC, that the cauldron is still accessable to the area where the Lava Room and FP are. Think guys...What beta level in BK involves lava? There's been a ton of ramblings about a secret level unlocked in Banjo-Tooie, so, what if, possibly, if this is real, what if MFE was unlocked in the process? </noob> But you guys can think what you want. I believe BanjoART. I bet that there's still more to Grunty's Lair, and that it's possible to still pass through parts of it. If the cauldron still resides in the lair where the picture takes place, it would lead to the FP lobby, and just above said cauldron is another one that takes you to the RBB lobby. There were, along time ago, theories that the RBB door lead to the fabled Quagmire door. Also, if you go out of the lobby, you enter the water raising room, which leads to CCW. In the CCW lobby area, there is an entrance to Furnace fun, and a cauldron to TTC. TTC was where the pink egg was found, and where you entered the Sandcastle cheats. Now, if you go through Furnace Fun, you're in the "tower room." If you go to TTC, it's possible to put in cheats to find the other eggs. (maybe...)

I just created a theory...But it's fun making up stuff...

Old 9th August 2007, 08:58 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
bit off topic but I think the warp values in Bt need testing again, Some of the unkown values go onto a black screen, but the fps are still changing, which means the game is still running

Old 9th August 2007, 11:13 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Sure I mean we all believed coolboyman when he didn't release any gs codes right? So lets just go right ahead and believe him.

On a real note, I can't believe some of you are actually falling for this. However, I congradulate this guy for sparking your imaginations.

~~~Theory~~~
This does not mean I believe in this specific picture (in fact I believe in it 0%), but RSA1 could have been a room in grunty's lair accessed via a Silo. Then from that room you could reach the Tower room, heh?

[Edit]
Well Ill be... this guy is pretty good, notice how he got the TTC picture to look like it was decaying and the texture on the wall where it decayed matches up with the rest...

We just got CBM'ed!

Last edited by runehero123; 9th August 2007 at 11:26 PM.

Old 9th August 2007, 11:30 PM
Dingpot

Rune, unless he says it himself, that it's fake, or provides a false link, i'm believing him. Hey, what happens when he provides a link to the actual site he found it at? Will you be laughing at us then?

Old 9th August 2007, 11:38 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I will accept it gracefully, However...there is about a 99.35689% chance this will turn out to be another one of those jokes.

Can we really trust some site that gives us a pic and no more information such as GS codes. This will be another one of those 7th sns egg threads all over again. All we have is a picture. Nothing else.

BTW the Silo's do try to access an odd scene digit in BT. It's a freeze digit. That's the only evidence I can even provide for this, nothing else. Good day sir.

[Edit]
I think MR. BanjoArt here is pulling our leg. First off look at the image's filename "rsa1yo7.png". What does yo7 mean? Is this the 7th fake pic made of RSA1? YO what is that? Second, I think BanjoArt is the creator of it, look at his name, he obviously must know something about artwork and how to edit it.

Last edited by runehero123; 9th August 2007 at 11:45 PM.

Old 9th August 2007, 11:43 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
This is incomparible to what coolboyman did. This is far more advanced (if photoshopped). But I really don't believe that to be the case. As far as I'm concerned, this is real.

Old 9th August 2007, 11:43 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
its most likely from that french site that had a jiggy in sharkfood island

Old 10th August 2007, 12:04 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
All they did was replace the egg with a Jiggy. No real skill needed to do something like that.

Old 10th August 2007, 12:12 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Wow seeing through all of this info it actually makes sense, though I ain't saying it's real, but neither fake.