Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 8th September 2008, 06:05 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos447 View Post
I just thought of something that might've been true in early development.

Let's assume Fungi Forest was just an exact copy of Fungus Forest...so the size of the level remained the same. This would basically mean the level would play like a Banjo-Tooie level...as its levels were humongous as well.

Now, going back to the "well" theory. I've suggested that took you to Clanker (or whatever his name was then) and the sewers and stuff. Now the question is, how do you get back up? I've thought of two possibilities:

A.) Water blows out of Clanker's blowhole and you can launch into the ceiling and out the well.

or

B.) You can't get back up...but rather there is a DIFFERENT level exit upon entering the sewers.

Let's assume it's B. How would this work? First off, let's just assume that notes stay permanent throughout levels a la Banjo-Tooie, that way you can't miss some above ground and be screwed for the rest of the level.

In Grunty's Lair, the entrance to Clanker's Cavern is above a much larger pipe that leads to a transport cauldron. Could it be possible that originally Fungus Forest was accessible via the top pipe, and that the bottom pipe was simply an exit for the underground part? It makes sense, because there IS a blocked off grating near the cauldron room. Perhaps this would've opened up as you left the underground part of Fungus Forest, and then close so that it would prevent you from skipping to that area?

Because if you think about it, none of the cauldrons have their own room. The bottom pipe is an empty room with a cauldron in it...nothing special. All of the other cauldrons were connected to a much larger area...but this one isn't.

Now, wasn't Click Clock Wood added very late into development? Why is it such a coincidence that the CCW portrait is VERY out of place, it contains no moss but the portrait room does...AND that the cauldron in the bottom pipe TRANSPORTS you to the CCW entrance? Do you see where I'm going with this?

It seems all of these things fit together perfectly. When the unneeded exit for the sewers of Fungus Forest was left out, the room was useless. So instead of taking the time to remove the pipe, Rare simply changed FF's portrait to CCW's portrait, and added a cauldron (where the sewer exit would be) that would lead to the CCW entrance.

Thoughts?
That's a brilliant theory, and makes perfect sense to me. I also agree that "intertwining" levels like Mt Fire Eyes and Gobi's Valley may have originally existed. There's a recent find that suggests that the Advent Calender room (entrance to FP) may once have been seperate room. So it's possible that these rooms could have prevented statistical losses (notes, jinjos ect. perhaps similar to the CCW lobby) unless you leave the room, so you can travese multiple connected levels.

If Clanker was originally organic, then Clanker's Cavern simply didn't exist, as his name is a reference to the fact he's made of metal. Plus the sewers do fit in with Fungus Forest, as you can get all kinds of crap in those sorts of places.

I also think FF was simply reimagined for DK64. I really doubt they copied an entire level over. In fact, I doubt they ever even half-finished it. Elements have been copied over, but the level is otherwise completely different.

Old 8th September 2008, 06:13 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
Viva PiƱata Mastery 
except for the eyes on inanimate objects thats more of a BK feel

Old 8th September 2008, 09:05 PM
Glowbo

Well, hopefully we can get some insight on the mysteries of the level placements and stuff in the special edition of N&B, or perhaps the remake of Banjo-Kazooie for XBLA.

It's be really awesome if my theories were even half correct.

Old 8th September 2008, 09:10 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos447 View Post
Well, hopefully we can get some insight on the mysteries of the level placements and stuff in the special edition of N&B, or perhaps the remake of Banjo-Kazooie for XBLA.

It's be really awesome if my theories were even half correct.
I SWEAR TO GOD RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW THAT THERE WONT BE ANY EDITION, OR ANY SPECIAL EDITION!

Sorry dude, but its true.