Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 21st July 2006, 09:12 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Not in PAL version.This only work for US version.
Taking into account that Rare may have "cleaned" the PAL version from SNS remains, because it was already given up at that point (remember the base egg that isn't the PAL version), this adds to the thought that the whole seagull business is SNS-related.
And I must admit, I don't get your theory... :o

Old 21st July 2006, 09:16 PM
Jinjo

I just saw something VERY interesting on putfile http://media.putfile.com/Banjo-Tooie...-Rogers-Lagoon
take a look, what if we have to fire the egg from up there? and get it to a spot for detonation?

or mabey we can see soemthing from the rafters?

Last edited by Otacon; 21st July 2006 at 09:18 PM.

Old 21st July 2006, 09:18 PM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
Meh, I don't like putfile. I'll try to watch it...

Old 21st July 2006, 09:19 PM
Jinjo

if that little trick to get to the rafters was already known please et me know because I dident know there was a way to get up there,

Old 21st July 2006, 09:30 PM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
I wish I didn't have dial-up. Could someone take a screenshot? I can't load the video.

Old 21st July 2006, 09:39 PM
Jinjo

banjo jumps onto the netted cealing about the hidden room thaty gose to smugglers cave, then fires a clockwork egg thats the only important thing im afraid

Old 21st July 2006, 09:41 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Well, I can't take pictures of the video, but he simply climbs up here.
It's interesting, but there's nothing of importance in that place.

Old 21st July 2006, 09:46 PM
Jinjo

thats the point, if theres nothing of importnace there, why dose it exist? its probobly, needed to go across the rafters, mabey fre a grenade egg at osmething or see something , in the inn, ect

Old 21st July 2006, 09:52 PM
Clanker

Ah, I guess that could be interesting. I think I'll make a short variety vid of different theories later on when I mess around. It'll have to be lowQ though, I just have a digi-cam.

Old 22nd July 2006, 05:32 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I'm think that Seagull exist in PAL version-because when i try activated this song Jolly's "normal" music stop and play at begining...something changed...

And you never know that Base Egg not exist in PAL BT-maybe its hide in FREEZE digits?

Last edited by BanjoPL; 22nd July 2006 at 05:52 PM.

Old 22nd July 2006, 05:56 PM
Bunnycomb

I haven't ever experienced this glitch, as I have the PAL version of the game. I can, however, offer a reasonable explanation as to why it occurs, if anybody's interested.

Alright, firstly, you'll need to acknowledge that this is merely a glitch - it's not a clue hinting at teh Stop 'N' Swops, and unfortunately it's not even all that exciting. Now, the same music plays in all of Jolly Roger's Lagoon, and the instruments which play are muted and unmuted to adapt accordingly with the area you're in. As such, all of Jolly Roger's Lagoon's music is actually playing at once, only you don't hear some of its instruments some of the time. You'll probably notice that if you swim across to the far side of Jolly Joger's Lagoon's lagoon lake, the soundtrack changes so that you can also hear seagulls along with it. That seagull noise is another of the music's instruments, which has been activated in this area.

Now, here's what the glitch does, then. For some reason, when you use the Clockwork Kazooie Egg, the game's soundtrack glitches up in such a way that all of the instruments are activated at once (hence why it sounds like a mixture of the indoor and outdoor themes, and hence why you can now hear that seagull instrument you can normally only hear when at the back of the lagoon). Having never tried the glitch, I can't say why this happens. At a guess, I'd say that when you detonate the egg, the game is confused as to where exactly the player is within the level (as you're swapping between controlling one character and another) and as a result plays the music for all of the level's areas at once.

The reason it was removed from the PAL version is the very same reason that the glitch in the NTSC version where you can grip-grab the "To Witchyworld" sign in the Oogle Boogles' Cave and use that to pull yourself through the level's boundries and into oblivion was removed - it wasn't supposed to happen. They weren't trying to cover any conspiracy up, they were trying to fix an unexpected glitch in their game - as is standard developer proceedure between staggered region releases.

And that's about all there is to it, really. Sorry if you were hoping for something more of a revelation.

Last edited by Banjo-Fella; 22nd July 2006 at 05:59 PM.

Old 22nd July 2006, 05:58 PM
Missing Hero

So B-F you have PAL version and you can't activate this?
But i'm think that isn't glitch-this music looks like something special...

Last edited by BanjoPL; 22nd July 2006 at 06:00 PM.

Old 22nd July 2006, 06:01 PM
Bunnycomb

Normally you don't really use the word "activate" when referring to making something go wrong. For instance the other day I didn't exclaim that I activated my shoes' hidden ability to fall apart. Anyway, no. I can't. Because they fixed the sodding thing.

Old 22nd July 2006, 06:05 PM
Missing Hero

Well...maybe Seagull is hidden...i believe that playing certain songs in certain order on Jukebox will "activated" this.Why when you playing"Shopping Arround Town" and then detonate clockwork egg music stopped and playing at begining? I'm think that Rare not hide very well Seagull in US version so they"fixed" this in PAL.

Old 22nd July 2006, 07:09 PM
Glowbo

That indeed sounds reasonable. Making the music for my amateur graphic adventures, I know that procedure of fiddling with the instruments from Lucas Arts games and it could very well be that the game is "confused" as you say, when you have two controllabe characters at a time.