Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 15th September 2010, 03:02 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Mario View Post
I was actually thinking about helping you but, since you won't tell me what program you're using...
You didn't see my message? Oh well. So there's a program Iv'e heard is pretty good called Crystal Space. http://www.crystalspace3d.org/main/Download

Old 15th September 2010, 03:03 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
This isn't real threeie, so why did you post it in the BK section? If it is fanmusic for a fan game, it should go in the creative cavern .......

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 15th September 2010, 03:06 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyme123 View Post
How many people at Rare write the story? Probably three or four people in TOTAL.

Hell, a few years ago there were only five music composers.

How much do you know about programing? What code are you going to code the game in?
You don't know?
Then how do you expect to lead a game design team if you don't know anything about game design?

That is like saying I'm going to fly an airplane with people in it to London, but I don't even know what an airplane is! lolololol

You're being an idiot. Go write a fanfiction, or at least a fan stragity guide to your nonexistent game.
Actually I know someone who can tell me all the information I would need to direct the 3D program team. He just can't with the programming cause he's working one a game himself. And that contradicts you. Just yesterday you said "Hell in the video game industry there's no such thing as a story writter" now your saying at Rare there are probably 3 or 4 total. Well either way I don't really need your bullshit. If you don't like the idea then don't bother to comment.

Old 15th September 2010, 03:09 PM
Glowbo

If triple posts make you cringe then your balls really need to drop. I love it when people on the internet freak out over a little thing that they don't.

Old 15th September 2010, 03:34 PM
Formerly Spyke4995

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
Triple posting is pointless, as you have the edit button. But I'm wrapped up in three projects right now, so I don't think I could help... Perhaps you should get a basic engine together before you go after 3D modellers and programers... You could even take the time to learn to use basic programs like Sketchup, and progress to Max and Maya... Who knows where you could end up?

Old 15th September 2010, 06:41 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
This seems just too familiar of an idea, like I've heard it before elsewhere. Regardless, I'm doubtful on this entire project of yours with the fact that it will never get made unless you start learning how to model, animate, texture, program, etc.

Old 15th September 2010, 06:58 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox 
there is alreadya BK3

Old 15th September 2010, 07:03 PM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
I could come up with a great game too, but no one would make it so I don't bother. Same reason why you shouldn't bother.

Old 15th September 2010, 07:56 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
There are a few problems with this.

Firstly, the plot, which seems to be the main point about making this game, is seriously flawed. Why would Cheato still be randomly sitting in Grunty's Lair? Why would Grunty be hopping around randomly?

But I think it has potential and that music sounds good even though it's ridiculously BK cliche (I mean you've pretty much used every cliche chord pattern in the book).

I think everybody's being really discouraging which is unnecessary. Guys you've made your point. No reason to strangle the poor fellow!

Old 15th September 2010, 09:09 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquasAccount View Post
But unlike them, I actually spend time writing it out and coming up with ideas.
I'm sorry, but this just made me plain angry.

If there's one thing the Crystal Jiggy has, it's a solid story line and tons of ideas.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 15th September 2010, 10:19 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
This thread should of been Thread of the Year :\

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 15th September 2010, 11:18 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by king gobi View Post
^ Double post edit your original one

Also are you making a FanGame I don't understand the concept of you listing these ?
I'm listing these to give people an idea of what the game would be like. I think its pretty damn hilarious how some people are getting mad at me for it, its not like its a big deal. xD

Old 15th September 2010, 11:21 PM
Formerly Spyke4995

They just don't like the idea of you expecting people to work night and day, on something you've only got a story to.

Old 15th September 2010, 11:25 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebecj View Post
Yeah, and those 3 or 4 are probably programmers, artists, or some other purpose on the team. A plain old story writer would just make the story then be useless.

Game designer is what you're going to be, and most game designers at least have a basis in programming.

And I don't plan on leaving this thread. Also, you really should control your temper

Also this, they've had a story, level design, even bosses since very early on. Read the thread if you'd like before assuming things
Smouvy, I didn't say the crystal jiggy was bad, in fact if it weren't for the crystal jiggy I would have never even tried to write out a banjo game in the first place. I think the crystal jiggy is awesome and the levels are better then most of the ones we have, they'r creative and new to the banjo series (Iv'e never even seen an animal cell level. that one sounds the funnest). Same with the hotel idea, its original and is something that nobody would think of for a banjo game. The songs for it is perfectly fitting and some even trail away from the kirkhope style but still come together perfectly. Crystal Jiggy sounds like it will be the best banjo game yet.

Old 15th September 2010, 11:26 PM
Formerly Spyke4995

Perhaps, you should start learning how to do 3D?

Tags
banjo-kazooie 3

User Tag List