Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 17th October 2007, 08:43 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
a huge banjo theory that makes some sense

You have to read it all til it makes some sense.
My theory is that originally the hub world and levels connected to each other directly. That underground path in mfe most likely leads to clankers cavern. The hill is probably the direction to go to fungus forest and across the hill their may be a lot of grass. Originally banjo and tooty were girlfriends so they most likely lived in different places so maybe the forest they lived in lead to mumbo's mountain. Their might of been a person to train you in the forest. Spiral mountain most likely did not exist at the time and probably did not exist at all til they got the idea to make tooty and banjo girlfriends thus having them in the same house. Why no pad in ttc well my guess is that you took a boat and jumped on dock then the shark ate the boat. The point to the termite in ttc well maybe their was a small hole in that netting under the dock. You most likely had to go to rbb and push a switch to open the doors. One thing you might of needed to do on rbb is get the shark food cause why else did they have it their. Once you got the shark food you could either go to ttc and give the shark food and beable to cross a tunnel underwater that led you into hammer head beach or move the ship one way to go back to where you were before you went on the ship to go to ttcor go to a new area. Gob'is valley might have originally been mfe and had lava cause someone found a fire rock in gobi valley and the puzzle that opens the gobi valley door has lava around it. I think spiral mountain is just a smaller mumbo mountain cause originally mumbo mountain had a spiral that you went up from the outside that seems a bit similar to spiral mountain spiral and the looks of both look a tad similar and they are mainly grassy but have 1 brown outside area.

Old 17th October 2007, 09:26 PM
Grunty's Reject

I read it, it sounds interesting, though honestly just sounds to complex. Either way, please go back through and add some spaceing so this is actually a bit more readable, because right now, it's very difficult to read.

Old 18th October 2007, 12:06 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I dont think this is really quite plausible. For one thing, the MFE your speaking of is more likely to be Beta Spiral Mountain (See Yambi's Theory). I wonder if the underground path could have originally been "Banjo's Cave" as it's referred to in memory. Or it could have been Bottle's house. Who knows the possibilitys are endless without any evidence.

Old 18th October 2007, 02:00 AM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Yea too complex.And I'm pretty sure Banjo was never a girl,so him and Tooty were never "girlfriends" and I think you have a good idea,just extremely unlikely

Old 18th October 2007, 11:58 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I mean tooty was banjo's girlfriend.

Old 18th October 2007, 09:00 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Unless Banjo was... Forget that.

This brings me back to those concept pictures depicting Banjo with a sword. I wonder what the game would have been like...

Old 18th October 2007, 10:13 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
That pic would have been from the Project: Dream era. Also Piccolo was going to be Banjo's girlfriend. But then her name was changed to Tooty and became his sister. Don't ask how.

Old 18th October 2007, 10:45 PM
Grunty's Reject

I've never seen the banjo sword pic before...what's it look like.

Old 19th October 2007, 12:21 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo_kazooie
Project dreams was originally going to be on the snes and have a kid named edison who was in trouble with a group of pirates led by blackey and the kid had a wooden sword and a dog and their was bear and a rabbit.
project dreams ( Still had the boy as the main character)
http://ign64.ign.com/articles/060/060727p1.html
banjo kazooie
http://ign64.ign.com/articles/060/060875p1.html
It is amazing how much change happened in little over 1 month. From a boy as the main character to a bear and a bird.
http://ign64.ign.com/articles/060/060878p1.html
At first the banjokazooie name got critized.
http://ign64.ign.com/articles/060/060885p1.html
Got more praised.

Old 19th October 2007, 09:38 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
So does anyone actually look at that timeline floating around on the TB website. It saves alot of trouble and most of the events have been posted according to IGN and that BK article so it's pretty accurate. Project Dream was being developed for about a year on the N64 before they scrapped it and started on Banjo Kazooie. However, most of the code Banjo Kazooie runs on was originally from Project: Dream. They just scrapped the Dream visual engine because it would have taken too long to make the game that way.

In other word's the change from boy to bear didn't happen in little over a month.

Last edited by runehero123; 19th October 2007 at 09:42 PM.

Old 19th October 2007, 10:20 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
So does anyone actually look at that timeline floating around on the TB website. It saves alot of trouble and most of the events have been posted according to IGN and that BK article so it's pretty accurate. Project Dream was being developed for about a year on the N64 before they scrapped it and started on Banjo Kazooie. However, most of the code Banjo Kazooie runs on was originally from Project: Dream. They just scrapped the Dream visual engine because it would have taken too long to make the game that way.

In other word's the change from boy to bear didn't happen in little over a month.
I read it Rune. Still, if I hadn't read it on that french website, i would question the wikipedia article, mostly because I distrust wikipedia in general. But still. Most of this now is just restating what we already know. I need someone that I can actually tear apart and fit together that we don't already have.

Old 19th October 2007, 10:47 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
The 64DD seems to be the troublesome part in this picture. I mean Donkey Kong 64 and MAjoras mask were rumored to be on the 64DD and they are the only games that require the expansion pack (originally needed to use the 64DD add-on). Something doesn't add-up about Stop N Swop being cancelled. We need to know some things such as:

-What was memory 20 really?
-Was DK64 + Banjo Tooie originally planned for 64DD

Things that possibly altered the path of SNS:

-Delays and Cancellation of the 64DD
-The new RDRAM shipped with newer N64's that would not retain data long enough

What we do know:

-It used to be between Donkey Kong 64
-It was switched to Banjo tooie (probably around the time they redid the visuals and added grunty).
-There are sandcastle codes that open and show a cut-scene of the secret areas.

Based on this I would say that Rare really was planning Banjo Tooie for the 64DD at the time.

And you know what. I'm going to go bother Nintendo and see if it really was a title for the 64DD. Hehe.

[Edit] Ok so here is the body of my email, I made it sound as cheesy as possible to make them sound good. Hopefully they will spit something out confirming Banjo Tooie as a title for the 64DD. They had close relations with Rare then, so I think they would know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letter
Hi I have a question about your ol' Nintendo 64DD system. I can see it was going to be quite an awesome platform. However, the whole project was cancelled and the game's planned for it were swapped to cartridges. Now, if you please. I need you to confirm that the following were actually planned for the 64DD before it was cancelled.

-Banjo Tooie
-Majora's Mask
-Super Mario 64 2

The reason I'm asking is that I am writing an article on your awesome system and I would like some accurate info. The internet, you know isn't that reliable for accurate information(at least for games anyways). Thank you!

Best regards,

A True Nintendo Fan

Last edited by runehero123; 19th October 2007 at 10:59 PM.

Old 20th October 2007, 12:23 AM
Grunty's Reject

Well, good luck with that, you never actually know.

Old 20th October 2007, 12:31 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I can't believe I forgot freakin donkey kong 64 . Oh well, if they don't give me info on this there probably wouldn't be much of a point.

Old 20th October 2007, 12:47 AM
Grunty's Reject

Indeed. There's something I've been wondering for awhile now. If you use the play in scene code and use it to play in the one beginning scene, the one where grunty is talking to dingpot, there's a knocker door in the doorway that leads to the Furnace Fun Game. It's the when she opens to go down the stairs. So my question is, what happened to the door?

- Did the move one of the other during the scene?
- I didn't see one below the level like some of the other objects
- Technically the door opens, does that mean it's an object or an actor?
- Did we ever find any didgets for the knocker doors?

I'm just wondering, I mean, grunty's an actor so it makes sense for her, dingpot would be either an object or actor, so it could be loaded since he's already in the area, but what about the doors?