Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 6th January 2018, 04:32 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
In Xenoblade Chronicles, I just finished the first (?) fight with
Spoiler: (highlight to view)
Mumkhar, but not while he's piloting Metal Face.
Dunban is rad, like, really really cool. It's a shame the game was so expensive for that those few years because I think it caused a lot of people to miss out. It's probably one of the best titles on the Wii, straight up.

Old 6th January 2018, 05:33 AM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I've picked it up a few months ago for Wii but haven't really had the chance to play it. I played a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles X, and it's good! But the first and now 2 both look more interesting to me- more character and stylization than the semi-realistic X. I never did finish it- I'd like to go back...

Old 6th January 2018, 05:12 PM
a quiche

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I've been playing the 2015 Goosebumps point-and-click gane at my friend's house and it's fun

Old 6th January 2018, 09:00 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondekel View Post
I've picked it up a few months ago for Wii but haven't really had the chance to play it. I played a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles X, and it's good! But the first and now 2 both look more interesting to me- more character and stylization than the semi-realistic X. I never did finish it- I'd like to go back...
I haven't played X, but from what I understand it was largely unfinished? If I had to guess, they ended up rushing production so that they could move staff onto 2 for the upcoming NX.

I think I'm gonna try to get a copy of X though, partly so I could try it and partly in case WiiU games become worth anything with its life being so brief.

Old 7th January 2018, 06:09 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
" i been Playing Banjo Tooie on my N64, i Keep on Playing it for some all reason "

" i look it The Emulator N64 graphics make me want a N64 and Banjo tooie
i like that banjo kazooie and banjo tooie

love banjo tooie and banjo kazooie

i keep on getting one banjo kazooie i keep looking at does Good games banjo kazooie

Last edited by chis70764; 7th January 2018 at 07:02 AM.

Old 7th January 2018, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
Agreed.

Old 7th January 2018, 04:55 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
I didn't think Sonic 3D Blast was that bad as a kid. It wasn't my favorite game, but I enjoyed the one time I played through it.
I enjoyed it well enough when I was younger, but I also had a higher tolerance for bullshit in video games back then so I can't really say much about good it really is.

Old 7th January 2018, 05:58 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthConker View Post
I enjoyed it well enough when I was younger, but I also had a higher tolerance for bullshit in video games back then so I can't really say much about good it really is.
Yeah, I guess you have a point there. Maybe I should try the Director's Cut to see if I still think it's any good.

Old 7th January 2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snix View Post
I haven't played X, but from what I understand it was largely unfinished? If I had to guess, they ended up rushing production so that they could move staff onto 2 for the upcoming NX.

I think I'm gonna try to get a copy of X though, partly so I could try it and partly in case WiiU games become worth anything with its life being so brief.
Yeah, it's a big world that feels.. empty at times. I like it but i wouldn't say it's my favorite game or anything- it honestly a little hard for me to get into at times. That's why I'm hoping the more character and story driven 1 and 2 are a little more my tastes. This feels like there's a greater story at work, but... not a lot of immediacy or anything to really draw me in.

I'm also stuck at a boss fight that reading about online I'm way underleveled for and level grinding is so slow and tedious in this game...

Old 7th January 2018, 10:19 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

also a neat little tidbit is that the very first E3 trailer for X has Shulk show up at the end, but Shulk isn't in X at all and X isn't really connected to the original from what I understand, whereas 2 apparently is in some way.

Old 8th January 2018, 03:35 AM

Yeah, I mean, I haven't played 1 yet like I said, but the opening to X involves a space war and, like, trying to get a team of researchers and military off the planet to colonize a new one since there's is about to be destroyed, which is where you come in, having no memory of the event or the shuttle crash. So unless it somehow ends up being the location 1 takes place in either decades before or decades after somehow, I... don't really think there's much of a connection.

Old 8th January 2018, 06:25 AM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
A certain Z list YouTube celebrity has inspired me to pick up Total Distortion again. I forgot a lot about this game, and yet I remember a bunch of highly specific stupid shit like the combination to that one video display thing. I should upload some webms of some of the dumb music videos I've been making.

Old 21st January 2018, 01:27 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I'm trying to finish up Super Mario 64 and get all 120 stars. Currently at 104 stars.

I had never fought Wiggler in Tiny Huge Island before today. Didn't even know the guy was in there.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.

Last edited by Masked Hero; 21st January 2018 at 03:04 AM.

Old 21st January 2018, 02:36 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
I beat Assassin's Creed Origins and it was probably my favorite game in quite a while
I started Yooka-Laylee and... I dunno, I'm kind of not really feeling it. I feel kind of bad saying that, but a lot of the charm is lost on me. It feels like it wants to be a clone and not its own thing. That's so far, anyway, I'm only about 2 hours into it. I mean, I get they're going the same things, but I feel like some of the charm wore off on me. This is a game I'd rather cuddle up next to someone with and watch them play. Sure, I still bought it, and I'm still going to beat it. I don't know what I was really expecting so far, but so far, it's not been too satisfying yet.

Old 21st January 2018, 06:13 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Been replaying Ocarina of Time lately, and I'm up to the final temple. I forgot that it controls like SHIT on a Gamecube controller (playing it on the 4 game disc). Never would I ever think I'd say the Gamecube controller is bad for playing anything, but aiming for target tests/quickly hitting enemies is probably the most frustrating thing yet. I have perfect aim on the N64, I never miss a single shot at the shooting galleries. I am not looking forward to doing Majora's Mask's challenges now with it...

If only I had N64 cable extenders for the controllers, like I do Gamecube, to play all the way back on my couch.

Also been playing more Pokemon Go the past few days cause the weather has...slightly been better. Caught a perfect Machamp from a raid and powered it all the way up to 36.5 so now my fighting type team is all set with 2 'Champs, 2 'Yamas, and 2 'Wraths. No level 40 Blissey will go undefeated in my town.

User Tag List